108: Return!
1k 5 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 108

After admiring Lefiya's wide-area annihilation magic, Sirius blinked, seemingly thinking of something.

Bang—!

A tenacious lizardman took this opportunity to run up and slash Sirius with one strike.

Then, its attack was blocked by a golden shield, causing a ripple on it.

Sirius was recalling the elf girl's seemingly powerful chant. After being disturbed, Sirius squeezed the palm of his left hand, which was not holding any weapon.

The blond boy raised his left hand toward the lizardman who attacked him but couldn't break his defense.

"Starfall!"

Faint blue flames rapidly condensed and, in the next second, fell directly on the lizardman.

When the two came into contact, the incomparably hot flames burst into an explosion. The fire spread out and rushed forward. The ground formed by the turf was lifted by the blast, exposing the mud and rocks below.

As for the lizardman…

Not even its magic stone was left behind.

The geo shield excellently blocked the storm caused by the impact, and Sirius, who didn't even take a step back, touched his chin.

"Sure enough, chanting or something is still too time-consuming. Instant magic is more suited for a battle mage like me!"

After speaking out his thoughts, Sirius couldn't stop nodding his head in conclusion.

Although his magic lacks the amplifying force that comes with a chant, sacrificing this power in exchange for a rapid cast and improvement of combat ability is definitely not a loss.

What's more, instant magic can even be cast in a row if necessary during battle.

What if single magic cannot solve the enemy?

It's okay. Let's cast another one!

"Not everyone can compare to a monster like you. Although Lefiya's magic requires chanting, it's already pretty good."

At this time, Raul came forward to clean up the battlefield and expressed his views.

But before Lefiya could be happy, he changed his tone again.

"It would be great if Lefiya could release her magic as easily as now when we are on an expedition…."

After all, Lefiya could quickly provide support because the monsters in the Large Tree Labyrinth were no threat to her.

Although the potential stats of the monsters are in the late stage of level 2, Lefiya is level 3. So, naturally, the threat of these monsters is minimal to the elf girl.

"Raul-san…" Lefiya gritted her teeth and said.

"Yes?" Raul looked at the elf girl.

"You are nasty!" Lefiya replied.

"Eh???" Raul was confused.

Sirius watched the interaction between Raul and Lefiya and couldn't stop smiling.

This kind of tension-relieving interaction is also one of the advantages of teamwork.

Most adventurers are affected by the loneliness and threat of the monsters, so they cannot conquer the dungeon alone.

It's not about strength but also about mentality.

Solo adventurers are often tormented physically and mentally during their exploration.

Hence, having teammates can ease these negative feelings very well.

"Let's continue forward. We should be able to walk further downstairs."

After picking up the magic stones, Sirius suggested it to the two of his teammates.

However, he had no idea of going deeper or even breaking through the 25th floor.

After becoming an adventurer, Sirius tried his best to return to the ground before evening.

Except when he hunted the irregular black wyvern with Ryuu, Sirius had never spent the night in the dungeon.

It's not to say Sirius can't spend a night in the dungeon.

It's just that growth is a continuous process. How can he go deeper and deeper like a one-time exploration?

Is it possible for him to conquer all dungeon floors in a single step? No, it's impossible.

In comparison, the combination of work and rest is more practical for Sirius.

Simply put, he has a peaceful mentality of slowly becoming stronger by relying on his skills which accelerate growth.

Leaving the 'Beginning Road' and walking out of the tower of babel, the sky outside has gradually dimmed.

Raul went to the magic stone exchange counter in the tower of babel with the day's harvest to cash in while Sirius waited in the hall with Lefiya.

Many people around were whispering, looking at the two of them.

"Hey, look, that's the rookie of Loki Familia who broke the record of fastest level up within a month!"

"Heh, you don't need to tell me. I can see. I heard that at today's Denatus, his alias has been decided."

"What alias? Why don't I know?"

"The announcement is posted in the guild headquarter. If you don't believe me, you can go check it out. I remember his alias is…."

Strangely, after a period of surprise, the adventurers gradually began to believe in Sirius's one-month promotion.

It's not only because many adventurers were present while Sirius battled against the irregular black wyvern and fulfilled the achievements required for level-up.

It's also because he is from the Loki Familia.

A few years ago, the sword princess of Loki Familia was able to shorten the upgrade record from several years to just one year.

A few years later, Loki Familia came out with another evildoer that shortened the record yet again to a single month.

Although it's hard for them to believe, it's not unacceptable, right?

Perhaps…

"1.74 million valis, not counting the harvest of drop items. Today's a bumper harvest yet again."

Raul walked out of the magic stone exchange counter with an irresistible smile.

According to the average share, he can get 580,000 valis, which is only a day's harvest.

In one month, that's more than 17 million valis.

Raul seems to have seen the tendency to repay his debts soon.

"Raul, wake up! It's all an illusion."

Sirius couldn't bear to see his senior fall into daydreaming, so he stretched out his hand and pushed him in disgust.

"Eh? Ah? Could it be that I have spoken out my thoughts?" Raul looked bewildered.

"No. Raul-san, you wrote your thoughts directly onto your face…so it's easy for us to guess…" Lefiya held her staff and turned her eyes to one side.

Read more chapters:

https://www.patreon.com/dangerouskitty

49