122: Tired Asfi!
960 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 122

"It's really a shame that those jealous adventurers didn't have any large-scale doubts? It's not like them." Hermes muttered in doubt.

"Well, it's not like there's no suspicion, but no matter how much they doubt, in the face of Loki Familia's reputation, it's meaningless." Asfi adjusted her glasses and answered.

After all, not everyone has the courage to question the familia who reigns at the top of Orario.

Even some gods tremble under Loki's power. So how dare the ordinary adventurer have the courage to question them?

Afterward, the conversation between the two was interrupted for a while, and the hustle and bustle on the street took advantage of this time to surround them.

In front of a particular store, a group of multi-racial minstrels held their musical instruments and showed their performance to the people under the blue sky.

These people were also like Hermes, wandering around the world, keen to turn what they experienced into lyrics, sometimes lively and sometimes passionately, accompanied by harmonious and overlapping sounds of instruments.

People crowded around them, and the inhabitants of nearby buildings leaned out of their windows and listened to the tune.

Hermes stopped, clapped in the applause of their performance, and tossed a gold coin to them.

The traveler musicians returned the god with a grateful smile, and the audience who saw this scene also praised the group with loud cheers.

"What will you do to that [Silver Star]?" Then, after resuming their walking, Asfi asked the god in charge of her familia.

"I have no idea in the present. Just collect as much information about him as you can. I'm inquisitive about him…." Hermes thought for a while and replied.

"In this case, I think it's better for you to stop as soon as possible. After all, Loki Familia is not someone we can provoke!" As if she was admonishing, Asfi intensified her tone.

"Don't worry, Asfi. I'm just curious about his character. I don't have any bad thoughts, this time I'm serious, I'm really interested in him~" Hermes reassured the captain of his familia.

"..." Asfi was speechless and didn't know how to reply.

'Isn't this worse?' Asfi wanted to ask this question but held back.

Her calm and composed expression withered and showed a tired look accumulated over many years.

This is the look of hardship unique to people who have been tricked by their deity.

Asfi had trust in the integrity of her deity.

Because of the result of countless times being fooled and played around and even getting into trouble from time to time, Asfi no longer believed in Hermes's words.

And every time the person who has to clean up the trouble caused by Hermes's various shenanigans is her after all…

Asfi wondered countless times why her deity was such a person.

She felt so tired and wanted to cry…

Hermes noticed something wrong with Asfi, patted her head with a soft smile, and said nothing as if silently comforting.

"Sure enough, things are not as simple as I thought." Sirius walked out of the dungeon, muttering to himself in a low voice while analyzing the experiment before.

The surrounding group of adventurers who entered and exited the basement of the tower of babel all cast a surprised look at him.

For a famous guy like Sirius, who can safely return from the dungeon without any weapons, they cast awe-inspiring glances.

Actually, Sirius did have weapons before, but they were all honorably sacrificed in the experiments.

After spending most of his day in the dungeon, Sirius had a rough idea of some characteristics of his enchantment.

First of all, his enchantment can be divided into three stages.

Benign enchantment, good enchantment, and perfect enchantment.

These are the three stages that Sirius just thought of.

The first stage of enchantment does not require chant. Although this can still significantly strengthen the weapon, it will also degrade the durability of the weapon, that is, its service life.

The second enchantment stage requires chant, equivalent to a high-level enchantment, and the effect is doubled compared to the first one.

And to a certain extent, it can also stabilize the attributes of the enchanted weapon and strengthen it in an overall direction, including durability.

This enchantment can allow adventurers to use their weapons for a long time, but it's also a one-time prop.

After the weapon reaches its limit, it cannot be maintained and repaired. But, the degraded materials of the weapons cannot be recycled.

The third stage is called perfect enchantment, like the silver-gray spear used by Sirius.

There is no flaw in the enhanced weapon itself, and the quality of the enhancement is more excellent than the stages below. There are no apparent flaws, and the enchanted weapon is truly sublimated.

However, these three enchantment stages are, without a doubt, beneficial to most adventurers.

Even if it is a benign enchantment, the weapon's value is doubled after applying it.

For example, it's like turning seven thousand valis worth of sword into a hundred thousand valis.

Although the service life is not long, the strength and sharpness of attack are enough to compensate for this shortcoming. Sirius is not afraid that no one will buy such good deals.

Thinking about this, Sirius quickly headed to Loki Familia's residence.

Twilight Manor,

"Orario has pharmacists, doctors, mages, magic tool makers, blacksmiths, etc. and so many more sub-professional that it's hard to count. So, it's not a big deal to have me as an enchanter, right?"

In Loki Familia's residence, inside Finn's office, Sirius described his enchantment to the big three and the goddess in a straightforward and natural tone.

After confirming the miraculous effect of his enchantment, the next step is for him to discuss business with the seniors in his familia.

After all, it would be tough for him to operate such a large business independently.

But if he used the connections and influence of Loki Familia, then in a very short period, he could promote the birth of a new type of weapon.

It's just like magic swords.

And such weapons will also become the commodities of Loki Familia, and people will recognize these weapons as creations of Sirius Starr.

After all, he is the only known person in this world who can enchant weapons, and there is no need to apply for patents.

...

Read more chapters:

https://www.patreon.com/dangerouskitty

40