Good days in an unhappy triangle 1
336 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emerald pov 

My situation at that time did not look good . The owner of the bakery openly showed his hostility to me . And his two sons made sure that my chances of a successful escape dropped to zero . Therefore , having nothing more to lose , I had no intention of bowing my head to him . The last thing I had was my remaining dignity and the last thing I wanted to give him was satisfaction .

In my words to him I was sharp and blunt , I was not afraid even when he hit me in the face . It hurt , but it was not even half of what my father was able to inflict on me . Instead of crying , I seized the opportunity and robbed the fat bastard with the hope that he would never , even over my dead body , get that wallet back . Wallet , which I slyly hid in the long and loose sleeve of my tattered hoodie . Hoping that whatever is inside is valuable enough for the fat man to feel the loss and that no matter what happens to me this wallet will not be found or recovered.

' Of course thinking about it from the perspective of the present me . The move to pickpocket at that moment was a foolish move on my part . I was just upset and helpless in the face of that situation , for this reason I did it out of pure spite in the hope that it would hurt the fat man to lose his documents and Lien . '

Thinking about it, memories of that moment continue to scroll through my mind . Immediately afterwards in his exasperation the fat man , who did not even notice that I robbed him , hit me again . Clenching my teeth , I tilted my hooded head so that my eyes which were close to tears could not be seen . My cheek was burning , nevertheless I could only silently wait for what would happen next . Luckily for me , nothing happened.

Neo and Kurumi made sure of this ,  . They got me out of that mess , they saved my life back then ........ they probably saved me from a life worse than death . They took me , taught me everything they know , gave me the opportunity to reach the future I always wanted for myself . They saved me from my fate . They give me a helping hand . They pulled me out of this muddy pit in which I was slowly sinking , and from which because of its loose and changing under touch , slippery walls I could not get out by myself . 

' Of course they did not do everything for me . They merely gave me the opportunity to change my life . However, I know very well that many people have never had this opportunity. Therefore , I am not even able to describe how grateful I am to them . ' 

The thought of the first moment I saw them ran through my mind . At that time they were still masked behind the illusion of Neo , and yet , now recalling that moment , I can only see how the real faces obscure those created by the illusion . Kurumi and Neo , at our first meeting they already showed me their sadistic inclinations . Honestly it was hard for me to say this from our first meeting , but now after living with them for a long time I am sure about it. Kurumi and Neo , both have a few loose screws in their heads . And I'm not going to say that I don't like it in them . A little craziness is not bad . Besides , I myself am not the healthiest mentally , so I do not stand out from the group .

Unfortunately for the people that meet , Kurumi and Neo . They are both total , sadistic psychopaths , who just love to torment people they don't like . Although sometimes their " game's " translates into completely innocent people around them. Fortunately, it is not the same brutal harassment that people who deserve it receive fom them . Rather it is the same harassment that happened to me during our first meeting .

I myself am not sure what Kurumi expected me to do by stealing the wallet that I stole from the bakery owner . But , before I " lost " my loot , I was secretly impressed by their ability to defeat three men older than them . Even more so , looking at how easily they did it . To be honest, to this day I am not sure how that "fight" went. Now understanding the powers of Kurumi , I am more or less able to imagine what happened there , but for me at the time ...... Just , one of the sons of the bakery owner was pulled , by something ? To the wall where he was held down by ghostly shadowy hands ? 

Before my brain processed that image , I had already heard the moan and rumble of a body falling to the ground . Looking towards the noise I saw , the other son of the bakery owner . He was lying , in a twine-like leg position , face down in the ground . And the owner of the bakery, who just a moment ago hit me twice in the face and from which I did not even have the strength to defend myself, was now lying on the ground, strangled by a girl similar to me in age. 

With fear , awe , desorption , shock , satisfaction and other emotions that I did not want to show these two girls , I watched calmly as the other girl walking casually through the alley , treating one of the sons of the bakery owner like a dog . Then, after approaching me, she started a friendly conversation with me. This drift between sadism and friendliness was strange but nice ...... Of course despite all that has happened , I still did not trust them , which was normal .

They may not have shown a desire to hurt me , but the fact that I could not defend myself against them made me feel intimidated and stressed . However, no matter how scared I was , they were amazing . They were what I wanted to be . They had what I wanted to have .

 Refusing to accept even more help than I already got . I watched as the girl , unmoved by my behavior , along with her partner , began to kick the living shit out of the owner of the bakery . At that moment it was already just a simple torture for that guy , but it did not prevent me from laughing at the fat fucker . In the end I was also defenseless and he hit me in spite of that . Unfortunately right when this sweet moment for me , and the moment of suffering for this fat man passed , the police showed up . Of course I wouldn't have escaped them on my own , luckily for me and to my helpless annoyance , I was again rescued by thus two . Of course, despite my irritation, I was happy that they helped me escape from the police .

With their skill , I was and I am sure they could have left me then and escaped on their own . Then I also discovered that what I saw earlyn was not even their true appearance . Dragged behind a dumpster , lying on their laps . I watched in shock , as with the effect of breaking glass or mirror , their previously average appearance is swept away with two of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen . Looking at their two , focused on the passing policemen faces , I could not help but feel my heart skip two beats .

I could smell their two distinctive smells that I never want to forget . I could feel the softness of theit bodies . I felt the warmth of another person , their warmth . It was probably then , in my heart that this little spark was created , a spark that over time became a fire that I now feel in my heart every time we are together .

At that time this spark was not so strongly pronounced , for this reason Kurumi and Neo , continued to be just two strangers to me . And that's why my good impression disappeared when they both made fun of me by waving that very wallet I stole in front of my face . Yes , they saved me , twice and deserved the award . Of course, there was nothing in this world for free. I was already thinking about the fact that they were surely saving me for some reason .

 After all, why would such powerful individuals care about me ? I honestly would have no problem giving them some of that money . One third , even two thirds . But unfortunately Kurumi wanted the whole thing . Especially since she stole it from my sleeve !!! Apparently she did it while we were shaking hands. I felt anger which grew along with her mockery .

In my eyes , their beautiful clothes . Rested , well-groomed and well-fed bodies openly presented me with the image that they did not need money as much as I did . And yet they had the audacity and desire to take my money , which at the time literally meant living one day longer for me . And worse they laughed at my desperation . They laughed at my efforts and attempts to maintain my dignity in my unpleasant and difficult situation . Perhaps for them it was all silly banter and jokes , but for me it was really painful at that moment .

After all, I just almost got beaten up for stealing food from the dumpster . Could there be anything more humiliating than that . I may have been ungrateful but I had reason to be irritated and angry . And yet again I felt vulnerable in front of them . I was fed up ....... It was unfair . My whole life was unfair . At that time I did not know who the two girls in front of me were . Perhaps if I had known then that they were similar to me , at least Kurumi had a life similar to me , I would have reacted differently .

At that moment it looked to me , like girls from a rich house , using their power to bully me . Even if Kurumi and Neo didn't give me any signals that they were planning to do me harm , I still felt deeply hurt by their behavior and mockery . And not being able to do anything about it , I burst into tears . I spent months under the constant pressure of living as a homeless child , by then all the time I still couldn't accept that I had lost everything , and now I was tired of not feeling safe . 

Having already given up on all this , I simply told them to their faces what I thought of them . And surprisingly , Kurumi's attitude towards me changed completely . I saw the look in her eye . It was a look full of regret and understanding ........ Looking at the fact that I now know that all her life she was homeless and without family , I understand that she knew how I felt . I may not have had a life identical to hers nevertheless I was still much closer to experiencing her life .

Neo ....... She is a completely different story . A rich girl from a reputable home , whom her parents simply neglected . Or rather they didn't pay attention to her and when they did , they didn't accept her for who she was . Is this a bad thing ? Perhaps ........ But she was not hungry , she did not suffer same physical abuse as me or Kurumi . Her parents had money and other amenities and my don't . Kurumi doesn't even know her parents.

If I were in her shoes I wouldn't be whining , maybe I would be alone. However , I was also alone back then too . There at least I would be alone but not hungry , not homeless . My mother was often not at home all day. When she returned, she either slept or was beaten by my father. There was also the possibility that she was doing drugs somewhere in the house when she thought I could not see .

And my father , when he saw me he would either insult me or beat me . I wanted to be fucking alone !!! That is one of the many things that annoy me about Neo ........ She is not the same as me and Kurumi . Yes I do not understand her pain because I have not lived her life . But really , I feel irritation knowing that Neo abandoned what she had for ........ Street . I understand her desire for freedom and recognition . However , I know very well that Neo could have done better , rather than simply throwing herself into the deep water that is Vale .

However, back in the days of our first meeting , I did not know Kurumi and Neo so intimately . I only saw the look in Kurumi crimson eye . I only listened to her sincere advice and suggestions , which has now given me everything I have . Kurumi and Neo changed my life , although I myself to this day do not know why I listened to Kurumi advice .

Perhaps the sincerity in her words about breaking my own rules for the risk of improving my life , convinced me to look for that pawn shop .Or perhaps it was the feeling of talking to someone more experienced in life . Like talking to a master , who has lived on the street longer than you . Now I know that it was a good and accurate hunch , Kurumi knows the most when it comes to survival and life on the street .

Of course my words do not mean that I hate Neo . Neo is the most loyal person I know . She is also similar to Kurumi in many ways . Of course, except for her origin . She also , despite being annoying , has become a huge help to me . She never put me off and she didn't reject me . When I started living with them she helped me acclimate . She helped with my physical training as well as my aura training , it is mainly because of her that I understand my own semblance . 

Despite our dispute , differences and a few things that annoy me about her . I consider Neo to be my friend and sister . I would never swap her for anyone else . Just like Kurumi , she is family to me ........ A family that you always argue with and in sparring you are going to beat the crap out of her . And yet , when necessary you always stand up for her . Neo has already proved that she thinks the same as me . 

This was at a time when I had already lived with Kurumi and Neo for a month , at that time I had not yet unlocked my semblance but I was already after combat training . On my way back to the clock store I was stopped by two drunk guys who were looking for trouble . Of course at that time I would have dealt with them alone , I would have been able to escape on my own if necessary . Yet Neo , who apparently standing in front of the clock store , saw what was happening , rushed in like a rabid dog .

Before I knew it , the two guys were already apologizing to me for causing me a problem . Looking at Neo , who at the time glared at the two kneeling men I knew that she did not do it because someone told her to . Neo was genuinely angry that someone causing me problems . This matter never reached Kurumi , it was one of those situations that remained between me and Neo . Who , despite insisting that she only did it because she wanted to keep the peace in front of our house , has repeatedly proved to me that our relationship is not entirely hostile .

Despite this , we continue to be in some conflict caused by the situation between Kurumi and her . Everyone with eyes understands that Neo likes Kurumi the way a man likes a woman , just for some reason she doesn't want to be open about it . As for Kurumi , it's a strange situation . Big Mom is convinced that Kurumi knows what Neo feels but for some reason she ignores it or she is afraid to get into it .

And honestly looking at how obvious Neo is ......... Kurumi knows , that is for sure. With her intelligence something like this would be impossible not to notice . And the conflict between me and Neo , is that I also feel something for Kurumi and Neo knows it . After all , like her , I don't hide it either . 

However , this , does not please Neo , who despite not taking any firm steps regarding Kurumi , directly block me too . This is annoying , however , despite our fights , which most often have their finals in physical clashes during sparring , which for obvious reasons I lose . They have never planted in me the desire to seriously hurt Neo .

We are simply rivals . Or rather I for her . In the end she does not know , or she has not noticed . Neo can be annoying , however she along with Kurumi were the first people I considered family . With them I felt safe for the first time , confident about my future . This flame was created and developed because of the two of them .

I , I have an obvious reason to like them both ....... I ........love both of them in fact . If I could ......... I would love them both . However, what the humble self can do , is to make Neo come together with Kurumi . I hope that my pushing on Kurumi will motivate Neo . As for me ....... I am not stupid ........ In such love triangles only two people will really win . And I don't want to see any of them sad ..... Because I love both of them.

10