CH 5 – Party Member
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that I am at level 2, I now had 20 Max Mana or 20 MP; I also recover 36 mana per hour, or 36 Mn/h, or one point every 1 minute 40 seconds.

I realized I forgot I could repair things while looking at Arisu's state of clothing. I summoned a cloth and repaired mine and Arisu's clothing with some of that cloth as material for the missing parts. I then repaired my spear just to make sure it was in the best condition possible. I then started working on making a new bamboo spear for Arisu. I used some of the remaining cloth to make a good grip on the spear for her. I added a wad of cloth to the end, so she would be able to put her weight into the spear to more easily penetrate the skin of an orc.

With my support magic at level 3, my rank 1 magic spells last between 1 hour and 1 hour 30 minutes (75 Min. ± 15 Min.), and my rank 2 magic spells can last between 40 minutes and 1 hour (50 Min. ± 10 Min.), and my rank 3 magic spells can last between 20 and 30 minutes (25 Min. ± 5 Min.)

Rank 1 spell physical up increases your physique, targeting the primary limbs dedicated for movement, whereby increasing by 10% at skill level 1; however, it seems every additional level you have not only doubles duration but increases effectiveness by an additional 5% (half of the base increase). With my level 3 support magic, I give a 20% boost to movement with the spell Physical Up.

Rank 2 spells start at 20%, such as right now Blood Attraction for Arisu would give her a 30% chance to life-steal 30% of her damage (an average of 9% of damage is recovered as health).

Lastly, the rank 3 spell Haste, starts at 30%, but increases attack speed in addition to movement speed; however, with a combination of the Physical up spell giving the combination movement speed is additive and not multiplicatively for a total speed boost of 50% with both spells active.

Buffing myself, and not the familiars, now gives a 60% boost for Rank 1 spells, 75% boost for Rank 2 spells, and 90% for Rank 3 spells. It's also worth noting that my triple boost affects Blood Attraction differently; the chance or rate of the effect remains, but when it does activate, is when the triple effect works. I Should be able to recover an average of 27% of damage dealt when I use Blood Attraction.

I unsummoned the raven and resummoned a new raven. I lose the remaining duration of the spells, but they were going to end soon. The new raven appears different, as if slightly larger. It should be the 33% improvement from the skill level I gained, where it's now 200% stronger whereas previously it was 150% stronger than a basic summoned raven. I reapply Physical Up on the new raven as well as Keen Weapon on his beak. I have him scout again. We should be getting close to one of the outer buildings by now. Probably just another mile?

---

I had Arisu carry this new spear, with Mighty Arm cast on her, she should be 20% stronger after all. I had also cast Physical Up and then Keen Weapon on her new spear.

After a few minutes, I cast the Rank 1 spells on myself and the golem. Arisu has been quietly following me for some time. I decided to make use of the quietness to inform her of some information, and maybe do some tests too.

I start, "I wanted to test something by the way. Right when you start to stab an orc in the neck and kill it, I want you to imagine wanting to join me and become my spear."

As I was walking in front, I couldn't see Arisu or know how she was going to respond to my words. I continued without a pause, "I want to test if you can join my party right as you level up or if you have to level up to level 1 before joining. If you can join the party right as you level up you might be able to get an extra skill point to learn an extra skill."

I didn't hear a reply, so I figured she understood my thoughts.

Arisu was blushing, thinking that she needed to become his. She imagined herself with her spear through an orc's neck and kaya-senpai hugging her from behind.

The raven found another lone orc, I regret not keeping the first raven, he could have done a kamikaze suicide dive on an orc for an eye or something. I also decided to summon a second golem, it looked slightly slimmer and taller, but it should be 50% better than the first golem. This golem's weapon was a slightly longer polearm. I think it has better stats unbuffed compared to the first golem with rank 1 support skills. It also seems the raven has found a few small groups of 2 and 3 orcs but has been ignoring them for the lone ones. I'll think more about that in the white room.

We started moving towards the lone orc. It was very easy and straightforward. With two golems, we were able to bully the orc, even if he had a short spear instead of a sword. I even summoned a third golem and the orc was pinned to the ground before too long. I then thought back to when I trapped the first orc in the hole, even back then I was scared, and Arisu must be even more afraid. I remind Arisu and encourage her, "You can do it! Just aim for the orc's neck! Stab multiple times! Remember to think about me, you want to join me! You will go to the white room with me."

Arisu's pale face started to blush with excitement in her eyes. She rushed her spear's tip into the neck of the orc and did not miss. She almost fell over but I was next to her the whole time just in case something did happen and held her from behind. I whispered in her ears, "Penetrate the spear further in, lean your body weight into it. I will be here with you."

The orc dissipated into smoke, with no trumpet sounding off in my mind nor an androgynous neutral voice saying, "You leveled up!". However, Arisu did hear both a trumpet and the androgynous neutral voice. My vision blurred white, but this time I had someone with me compared to last time.

Spoiler

3/14/2023 - structure edit last paragraph
3/16/2023 - grammar, I did decide to go with "±" compared to "+/-" as it sounds better with a voice synthesizers/TTS (Text-To-Speech) as "+/-" is read "plus slash [omit the hyphen]" while "±" is read as "plus or minus" (in Balabolka using SAPI5 Microsoft Zira).

[collapse]
1