Chapter 2: ……Then Shit Starts Up Again
1k 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fuck!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Hearing my heartbeat in my ears I began hyperventilating.

You would be to if Optimus Prime ran your ass over, and don't say it's not true since you know it is.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I said several times. But as I did so I noticed something.

I was ok.

And by that I mean I don't have any injuries at all.

Looking down at my body I don't see a scratch on me. Nor do I feel any intense pain or any pain of the sort. Which makes no sense since I am sure I just got run over by a semi-truck.

Curious about my situation I decided to get to the bottom of it. But first I know I must calm down.

Taking several deep breaths and exhaling I worked to get my breathing back under control.

Several minutes passed before I was finally able to do so. But in the end I did.

Then once I did I finally noticed my surroundings.

Currently I am in an all white-room sitting in a chair.

And I am not alone.

Sitting across from me is someone.

Actually now that I have calmed down and am taking a long hard look at them I know exactly who they are.

"Ryan Reynolds!"

"Nope." He immediately replied. "The truth is I'm god. I just took this form since its familiar too you. Because if you were to see me in my true form your mind would break with no hope of repair." God explained to me.

As he did so I simply nodded.

"Alrighty then." God said. "So, to put things simply you died."

...

...

...

"Come again?" I asked after several seconds passed by.

"You died. Bit the big one." God said again. "The reason you don't have any wounds over your body since that truck did hit you as you are sure of is because now you are just a soul. A spirit." He explained to me.

"I see." I said.

So I'm dead.

Man, this blows big time.

I had so many things I still had left to do before dying.

Namely seeing the end of One Piece and now Danmachi.

But since I am dead now neither of those things is going to happen.

Fuck.

"Hey now, no need to get depressed." God told me.

"Really, you tell me I'm dead and say there's no reason to get depressed?" I retorted. Giving him a deadpan look as I did so.

"That's right." God said. "Because now that you are dead you can be reborn."

"What?" I questioned.

"Right, allow me to explain it in simple terms." God said. "There have been others like you. People who die before their appointed time. And when that happens I decided to give that soul a second life. A new life in a new world."

"So basically you isekai people like in the Japanese light novels?" I asked.

God nodded.

"Well alright then. How do we do this then?" I asked.

Since I would have to be an idiot to turn down something like this. A truly massive idiot to pass up a chance to live a second life when my first one was cut so short.

"It's not that hard." God said. He then snapped his fingers.

When he did so a roulette wheel appeared right in front of my face. As soon as it did so I inspected it and saw the names of several fictional worlds on it from my last life.

Marvel Cinematic Universe

One Piece

Avatar

Boku No Pico

Genshin Impact

Horimiya

Strike The Blood

Tensura Slime

Etc...

"Now then, please spin the wheel?" God asked me. "Then whatever world it lands on is the world you will live your second life in. Oh and before you ask me, yes you will get to keep the memories of your previous life after your reincarnation. Just wanted to get that out of the way since people ask me that all the time and it kind of gets annoying." He explained to me.

I nodded.

Once I did so I grabbed hold of the wheel and pulled. It then started spinning.

Going around, and around, and around....

Until finally it stopped.

>Danmachi<

'Well isn't that a scary coincidence?' I thought.

The roulette landed on the Danmachi universe which I was just starting to really delve into before my death.

On the list of places I could end up reincarnated into it's not that bad.

Well if you discount the monsters, gods who enjoy toying with those of the mortal realm, and death being around almost every corner then its a great place to live.

I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell.

Depending on where you are born in the Danmachi world you can either have a great life or a shit life.

As for the life I am going to lead I already know.

I am going to join a familia and become an adventurer, since one thing was made perfectly clear while I watched the Danmachi anime and read the wiki and the other lore.

In that world the strong have all the power, while the weak will get stepped on without any hesitation.

I kind of agree with Bete in that regard. Though I am not as extreme as him. Not by a longshot. That tsundere werewolf.

Moving on.

I can't say there is no reason I am not happy about reincarnating into Danmachi.

And that reason is...all the waifu's in the series.

Danmachi is packed with cute girls.

Eina, Riveria, Ais, Chloe, Mikoto, etc....

Yes, it's a treasure trove of eye candy, and in particular there is definitely one girl that I will date no matter what I have to do to achieve said goal.

She's one of my top five waifu ever.

And since we're one the subject I might as well tell you my other four.

Since I am a man of culture and all I would be remiss if I didn't.

1. Date A Live: Kurumi Tokisaki

2. One Piece: Nico Robin

3. Tensei Slime: Luminous Valentine

4. Magi: Yamraiha

There you have it folks, my other four waifu's, but I'll never get a chance to actually be with any of them.

However the fifth one...

As I said I simp for her, and am not ashamed to admit it. That's why I will make her fall for me.

This I swear!

"Alright your world has been selected. So with that goodbye and good luck." God told me.

"Wait a moment." I said. "A quick question. What am going to do about the other gods in the world of Danmachi?" I asked him.

Since I know in that world you can't lie to the gods, and if one was to ever get suspicious of me I would be in trouble.

"Oh, don't worry about them." God told me. "They only have power in that universe which can't compete with my power which will be protecting your memories and knowledge of your previous life." God explained to me.

"Ah, thanks for that." I said. Breathing a sigh of relief as I did so.

Now I don't have to worry about those gods getting a peak inside my head. Since if that was ever a possibility then things would end up going to shit for me before I could even blink.

"No problem. Now then off you go." God told me.

He then snapped his fingers.

Once he did so my soul left the room and started traveling down a tunnel made of pure light.

Off to a world that was once fiction where I would live my second life.

So say I'm not excited would be a fucking understatement.

15