Chapter 38: Post Expedition Part 2
323 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd Person: POV)

Sitting in his room Morax looked over the paperwork on his desk in front of him.

In his pajamas as he did so.

Night has finally come around.

After his shower earlier he went downstairs to assist the others in doing post expedition work. With all of them working together they finished it easily.

Even so as the captain he has taken it upon himself to double-check everything.

So after dinner that is exactly what he started doing.

But now he is almost done.

And it has only taken him fifteen minutes to go back over everything.

That is because Morax has found no mistakes so far in his reviewing of the post expedition work. Meaning he and his fellow familia members did things right the first time around. A fact that has brought a small smile to Morax's face.

Placing down the last piece of paperwork he stacked it neatly and then got up from his desk chair and stretched.

Once he was done he moved over to his bed and then slipped under the covers, heading straight off into dreamland.

But while Morax did this, his comrades were having their status's checked by their goddess Athena.

As just like him, they wanted to know where they stood in terms of development and power now that their first expedition had come to a close.

Sitting in a chair with her back to Athena Leonmitchelli waited until her status check was done.

After discussing things with the others it was decided she would go first, since she is the vice-captain. A position she takes very seriously despite not really showing it.

Even so Leonitchelli won't ever disregard the trust her comrades have placed in her. She'll go above and beyond for them. Since she never wants anyone she cares about to die while she is helpess to do anything about it ever again.

Not like with her parents and the Bast familia.

As Leonmitchelli thought about her personal resolve to protect her fellow familia members Athena handed her her status sheet.

The moment it was between her fingers she read it.

---------------------------

Name: Leonmitchelli Galette de Rois

Level: Two

Strength: G288>F313

Endurance: G272>F305

Dexterity: G233>G256

Agility: G229>G243

Magic: I0

Magic:

Slot 1:?

Slot 2:?

Slot 3:?

Skills:

Weapons Master: Increases all of the users base stats by half when they are fighting against an opponent wielding the same weapon as them.

Night Vision: Allows one to see perfectly in dim-lit areas and even pitch black darkness as if it were daytime.

Development Abilities:

Hunter Rank I

-------------------------------------

Looking at her status sheet Leonmitchelli put a smile on her face. Not only at the increase of her stats across the board, but also at her new skill.

[Weapons Master]

Unlike her brother Gaul who prefers to use his fist in battle Leonmitchelli decided to go the opposite route and focus on weapons, learning all she can about various kinds and working to gain some proficiency in them.

Now her hard work is bearing fruit in the form of a skill.

"Yes." Leonmitchelli said.

Then once she finished looking over her status sheeet she gave it to Athena who disposed of it.

As she did this Leontmichelli out back on her shirt and left the goddess's room. Sending in the next person after she did so.

Her brother Gaul.

Moving to take a sit in the chair he removed his shirt and let Athena check his status.

As he did so he thought about to the recent expedition in the dungeon. Specifically when he faced off against the fire-breathing attack of the hellhounds.

'Faster, I need to get faster.' Gaul thought.

Although he grumbled about not having magic he knew that doing so would change nothing. Either way he was going to dive into the dungeon with his sister and their fellow familia members. Facing off against monsters that were a bad matchup for his fighting style time and time again.

That's why Gaul has been thinking of ways to overcome his weaknesses, and one of the answers he came up with his speed. Closing in on monsters' with long-distance attacks before they even have a chance to launch them.

This is one of the answers Gaul has come up with to progress and become stronger to face the dangers of the dungeon.

After a minute passed Athena handed him his status sheet and he looked over it.

---------------------------------

Name: Gaul Galette de Rois

Level: Two

Strength: G280>F310

Endurance: G275>F300

Dexterity: G225>G241

Agility: G240>G265

Magic: I0

Magic:

Slot 1:?

Slot 2:?

Slot 3:?

Skills:

Night Vision: Allows one to see perfectly in dim-lit areas and even pitch black darkness as if it were daytime.

Developmental Abilities:

Fist Strike: Rank I

------------------------------------------

Looking at his status sheet Gaul nodded, knowing exactly which direction he wanted to take in his development to get stronger.

Once he was done looking over his status sheet he handed it to Athena who disposed of it while he re-dressed.

He then left, sending in Millhiore.

As Athena began checking her status Millhiore thought back to the expeditions first major battle on the 14th floor, where she almost suffered a Mind Down from using her magic.

She does not want that to happen again.

So she will work on controlling the output of mind in her spells from now on. Not only for self-improvement but to not drag down her comrades in the future.

As Athena handed Mllhiore her status sheet she looked over it.

-------------------------

Name: Millhiore Biscotti

Level: Two

Strength: G278>G299

Endurance: G282>F311

Dexterity: G265>F304

Agility: G243>G269

Magic: G255>G279

Magic:

Battle Cry: An attack-type magic which turns Millhiore's voice into a sonic scream, able to disorient enemies and rupture their eardrums. As well kill them from the inside out in some cases.

Chant: Taste my screams of fury my enemies!

Slot 2:?

Slot 3:?

Skills:

Developmental Abilities:

Lung Capacity: Rank I

Description: Allows one to increase their lung capacity by using their voice for long periods of time such as with activities like singing and others. This in turn allows them to hold massive amounts of air in their lungs for long periods of time. Disregarding the need to breathe in some cases.

-------------------------------------

Looking at her status sheet Millhiore nodded.

And just like the others she handed it to Athena who disposed of it.

Before leaving. Sending in the next person.

Ryuu.

As Athena began checking her status Ryuu thought back to the conversation she had with Morax during their first night on floor 18.

Just as he suggested she was going to get better, and stronger so that she can protect not only herself but her precious friends as well.

On another note when Ryuu remembered that night stargazing with Morax she got another feeling in her chest. A strange feeling that she had never felt before in her entire life.

However just as it appeared it vanished.

So Ryuu didn't think much of it.

Little did she know that feeling would return in the future, and stronger as well.

As Athena handed Ryuu her status sheet she began looking over it.

--------------------------------------

Name: Ryuu Lion

Level: Two

Strength: G231>G241

Endurance: G244>G256

Dexterity: G279>F305

Agility: G288>F313

Magic: G275>G291

Magic:

Noah Heal: A healing-type magic which heals the targets wounds and restorers stamina, though it takes time for the magic to take affect. Effect rises in forested areas.

Chant: The song of a now distant forest. The nostalgic song of life. Please bring the mercy of healing to those that seek you.

Slot 2:?

Slot 3:?

Skills:

Aero Mana: Increases attack power the faster the user is running.

Developmental Abilities:

Hunter: Rank I

---------------------------------------

Once Ryuu got a good look at her status sheet she handed it to Athena, who disposed of it.

Ryuu then left her room, and sent in Rogue.

As he sat down in the chair and let Athena check his status he remembered the monsters on the middle floors. Specifically their power, and how he struggled against them.

Of course the others struggled as well, but Rogue had an even tougher time since he is still only a level one.

A fact he knew quite well.

'I can't stay like this.' Rogue thought. He doesn't want to drag his friends down, so he is going to level up as soon as possible as to not be a burden.

Once Athena handed Rogue his status sheet he looked over it.

----------------------------

Name: Rogue Cheney

Level: One

Strength: E405>E445

Endurance: E468>D501

Dexterity: E424>E469

Agility: E413>E450

Magic: I0

Magic:

Slot 1:?

Slot 2:?

Slot 3:?

Skills:

Warrior of the Night: When it is night time Rogue's agility, dexterity, and endurance stats all increase by double until sunrise.

Developmental Abilities:

None.

-----------------------------

As Rogue looked at his status sheet his eyes went wide for a second.

Noticing this Athena put a small smile on her face.

"Surprised?" She asked him.

"Yes." Rogue answered. Since he didn't expect his stats to get such high a jump.

"Well, that's to be expected." Athena said. "This is your first time experiencing the greater quality of excalia you obtain from fighting monsters above your level." Athena explained. "And you did so for two weeks on the middle floors. So this doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Even so, don't let this sudden jump make you cocky Rogue."

"Of course Athena." Rogue said. He is not going to get arrogant just because he has become a little stronger.

But that's not to say he is not happy.

Handing his status sheet to Athena Rogue left as she disposed of it.

As he did so he began pondering how to improve himself.

'My sword handling skills need work.' Rogue thought. As he did so a picture of Kaguya appeared in his mind. But when it did he quickly shook his head. 'What the hell, why did she of all people come to mind?'

Rogue knew Kaguya is a skilled katana user, but ever since they met they have been like oil and water. They just don't mix well.

Which is what Rogue thinks for now.

Despite getting a faint blush on his cheeks the moment Kaguya appeared in his mind.

As Rogue left Athena's room Ryner entered, the last one to get his status checked and updated.

Which he doesn't mind.

After all he knows exactly what he needs to improve on. Getting better with his magic, simple as that.

Sitting in the chair Ryner allowed Athena to check his status, and then viewed the sheet when she handed it to him.

-------------------------------

Name: Ryner Lute

Level: Two

Strength: G235>G242

Endurance: G244>G258

Dexterity: G270>G285

Agility: G281>F302

Magic: G290>F320

Magic:

Izuchi: Allows the user to conjure forth lighting and direct it and shape it at their will.

Chant: What I seek is thunder, Izuchi!

Slot 2:?

Slot 3:?

Skills:

High Magus: Increases the power, range, and attack strength of any of the user's magic. As well speeds up the recovery of their mind, generally preventing Mind Down unless they are in dire straits.

Developmental Abilities:

Mage: Rank I

-----------------------------------

Looking at his status sheet Ryner saw it was about what he expected.

Once he was done he handed it back to Athena and she disposed of it.

As he left her room the goddess leaned back on her bed, a soft smile on her face.

Although her children didn't say anything to her, she can all see on their faces they are thinking of ways to get stronger and improve themselves.

Which as a goddess is basically all she wants.

"Looks like coming to the mortal world was the right decision after all." Athena mused.

After she did so she moved to go to sleep.

Her familia members doing the same thing.

That night the entire Athena familia had sweet dreams.

-----------------------------------

A/N: So chapters like this won't appear often. But they will still come out. Since I feel I need to show this is not just about Morax the MC but the Athena familia as a whole.

7