Chapter 39: Training & Fresh Blood
312 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Morax: POV)

Receiving a kick to the face I briefly flew through the air before crashing onto the ground.

Hard.

"Ugh!" I groaned out. Picking myself up off the ground as I did so. My training spear in hand.

Since that is what I am doing right now, training.

As for my opponent, it is none other than Shakti.

Six months have passed since our first expedition into the dungeon, and a new year has begun.

In this time not only have we gone on two more expeditions to the 18th floor and back, but Rogue has also managed to level up to two.

Which he did by fighting against and defeating a group of minotaur's numbering ten all by himself three months ago on the 15th floor.

I know since I saw it firsthand.

Thanks to that he broke past the barrier, and is now level two like the rest of us. But that won't be for long.

Since despite the training we are receiving from Shakti and the Ganesha familia, as well as several other things the familia is attending to as a whole the rest of us are close to reaching level three.

And pretty soon we will go an another adventure and do so.

I can't wait.

But that's for later.

Standing to my feet I turned to face Shakti.

As I did so she looked at me with a stern expression like always since we began our training months ago. Her own training spear in her left hand, with a whip in her right hand. Since Shakti is a competent monster tamer, and can use the whip easily in battle alongside her spear.

A fact which once I learned I asked her to do when we trained together.

Since the tougher the training is the faster I will improve, and the more I will learn.

"Are you ready to continue?" Shakti asked.

"Yes." I told her.

As soon as I did so Shakti took her whip and flicked it in the direction of my spear, intending to remove it from my grasp.

When she did so I jumped back.

That's when she herself moved forward and began sending several thrusts my way using her own spear.

As she did so I parried her blows, while making sure to keep an eye on her whip. Since several times before during training she has literally tripped me up with it when she's gotten in close to fight me spear-to-spear.

I continued parrying Shakti's blows. Then as I saw her right wrist move ever so slightly I jumped backwards. Avoiding a lash from her whip that would've knocked me off my feet had it connected.

As Shakti's whip moved through the air I stepped forward, and then stepped on the whip itself stopping it in its tracks.

The sudden stop of her attack caused Shakti to move forward, but she didn't stumble in the slightest. Instead she said perfectly upright and closed the distance to me.

As she did I thrust my spear forward several times, but she used the shaft of her weapon to deflect each of my blows without fail.

Reaching me she moved to swing her shaft into my side, but when she did I used the shaft of my own spear to block her attack. Standing my ground as I did so.

Seeing this Shakti put a smile on her face. "Good, you're improving."

"Of course I am. And it's all because I have a great and pretty teacher like you Shakti." I told her.

"Didn't I tell you to stop that." Shakti said.

She's referring to my complimenting her.

Which I've done ever since she started training me.

Shakti is not a dumb. I've made it pretty clear I'm interested in her as a woman over these past few months. Even if I won't be able to make a move on her physically for another two to three years.

Despite this she isn't showing any interest in me at all. She won't even blush at the compliments I give her.

Which makes me want her all the more.

"You did. But I'm just speaking the truth. You are pretty." I told Shakti.

This time she didn't respond.

Instead Shakti moved her left leg and swept mine out from under me, causing me to land on my back. Just after I did Shakti placed the tip of her spear on my neck.

"Do you concede?" She asked.

"Yes." I told her.

Once I did so Shakti took the spear away from my neck. She then offered a hand to me which I took and she then pulled me to my feet.

"My, what soft hands you have." I told Shakti.

Not even responding she took her hand away from me and gave me a stern glare before walking off.

"Oh, looks like you still aren't getting anywhere with sis. Sucks to be you Morax." Ardi said, walking up to me with a cheeky grin on her face.

In these past few months she's become friends with me and the others in the Athena familia.

"Well sure. I'm not getting anywhere right now. But in a few years your sister is going to be one of my women. Just watch." I responded to Ardi.

"Yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that." She retorted. Her grin getting wider as she did so.

"Whatever." I said.

I then walked over to the training rack and placed my practice spear on it. I then moved to get a towel to wipe the sweat off my body, Ardi making comments about my failed attempts to woo her sister as I did so.

But I don't mind. Not at all.

Since that's just Ardi's personality.

Which I find refreshing.

As I finished cleaning myself off I moved to take a seat on a bench and waited until the others completed their training for the day.

Right now we are at the Ganesha familia compound.

Looking at them I nodded.

It's clear, all our skills are definitely improving.

Fifteen minutes passed until everyone else finished up their own training.

Once they did we left the Ganesha familia compound, Ardi showing us the way out as usual.

She really is a sweet girl.

That's why I'm definitely not going to let her get that shitty death like in the original timeline.

Besides, if I can't protect the younger sister of one of my future women then what kind of man am I?

"So Morax, I see you were trying to seduce the captain of the Ganesha familia again?" Ryuu spoke up.

Turning to her I nodded. "Yep, I sure was." I said without a hint of shame. "But no matter what I do she won't even blush." I sighed. "Looks like I really will have to wait a few more years before she takes my advances seriously."

As I said this Ryuu gave me a deadpan stare.

"Something to say Ryuu?" I asked her.

"No." She replied.

"Oh." I mused, getting a slight grin on my face. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." Ryuu responded.

"Really, you're not jealous or anything like that are you?" I asked her.

"Of course not." Ryuu said.

But since she turned her head away from me when she did so I can tell she's not being completely honest.

Ryuu can't lie to save her life. At least not in a casual situation like this.

"Ryuu it's ok to be honest." I told her. "If you want I can start complimenting you as well. After all while Shakti as the allure of a mature woman, it doesn't compare to the beautiful fairy features you carry." I said with a straight face.

And I mean it.

Ryuu is truly beautiful.

Again, she's also totally my type.

Since my preference back in my last life was for cool beauties just like her. I also enjoyed older sister and older ladies types as well since I wanted them to spoil me a little bit.

At my words Ryuu's ears became red.

"Oh, is someone happy?" I asked her.

"No!" Ryuu shouted. But more in embarrassment than anger.

"Morax, to think you were a sadist all this time." Rogue commented.

"How harsh Rogue, I'm not a sadist." I told him.

"Then why are you bullying poor Ryuu right now?" Leonmitchelli asked me.

"I am not bullying her. I am simply complimenting her on her appearance without any hesitation." I retorted.

"So not a sadist but simply a bit of a pervert." Rogue said.

"Well...yes." I said. I am a bit of a pervert. "But say Rogue, if we're talking about my relationships then let's talk about yours. Specifically the one between you and a certain black-haired female samurai from the Astraea familia." I said, getting a grin on my face.

I am of course talking about Kaguya.

Despite her and Rogue having verbal spats all the time I can't help but feel there is something else going on between them.

"No comment." Rogue said.

"Come on, you can tell us." I said.

"No comment." Rogue said again. "And oh look, we're home."

"Ok, I'll let you off the hook this time." I said.

As I did so we entered our home.

Seeing Athena sitting on the couch waiting for our return as usual.

"Welcome back everyone." Athena told us. We gave our greetings in return. "So I have some news. We're getting some new members to the familia."

Hearing this we all stopped in our tracks and looked directly at Athena.

Since she definitely has some explaining to do.

6