Chapter 40: New Recruits
315 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment Athena mentioned new members joining the familia we all looked towards her, waiting for an explanation.

Since this is the first any of us are hearing of this.

"Athena, please explain?" Millhiore asked.

"Sure." Athena said. "So for the past month I've been sorting through applications of those wishing to join our familia sent to us by the guild." She said.

Making us all widen our eyes in surprise.

Though not about the involvement of the guild.

A few months ago we decided to inform the guild we were openly looking for applicants to join our familia, so they made all the necessary arrangements on our behalf like they do with the other familia in the city. However since then we never got anyone wishing to join us.

But from what Athena is saying it looks like things are changing.

"Wait, so people actually applied to join us?" Gaul questioned.

Athena nodded. "Yes, they sure did. It was not many but we did get some." She explained.

"Then why are we only hearing about this just now if you don't mind me asking?" Ryner questioned.

"Not at all." Athena said. "You've all been so busy. Going to the dungeon, training, working to level up and handling other business I decided not to add to your plate. That's why I did this by myself." She explained to us.

"Alright then." I said. The others nodding their heads in agreement.

Athena is our goddess, and since she wanted to handle this matter herself its not our place to object. Though I do wish she had informed me. I am the captain of the familia after all.

'I'll need to bring that up with her later.' I thought.

"So, how many new members are we getting?" Leonmitchelli asked.

"I've chosen three who I wish to join us from among the applicants." Athena said. "But I haven't met them in person yet. Actually that is the reason I am telling you all about this today. The three new recruits will be coming here in two days times for their final interview to see if they truly belong in our familia. And I would like all of you to be here."

"No problem." We all said in unison.

There is no way we are skipping this meeting. Not only do we need to get a feel for our new potential comrades, but we also need to keep Athena safe. Just in case any of the three applicants she picked decided to try something funny should they be rejected.

"Thank you all." Athena said.

We simply nodded.

All of us then started heading toward our rooms. But before I made it up the stairs Athena came up beside me and whispered. "Sorry, I'll inform you next time. You are the captain after all." She said.

The moment she did so my eyes went wide, and I looked at her. But she only has a smile on her face.

Even though she literally just read my mind.

'Gods truly are scary.' I thought.

Giving Athena a curt nod I continued heading towards my room.

Wondering exactly what these three potential recruits were like.

--------------------------------

Two days passed in the blink of eye.

Sitting with the others in the living room I waited for the selected applicants to arrive.

Time seemed to pass slowly, until finally we heard a knock on the front door.

*Knock Knock*

Getting up from the chair she was sitting in Athena moved to answer it.

Opening the door she put a smile on her face. "Please, come in." She said.

As she did so three people entered into our home, Athena closing the door behind them.

Once inside I began observing each one of them, knowing a little bit about each of them thanks to Athena sharing their applications with us two days ago after she announced this meeting.

The first one to stand in front of us a male.

He is twenty years old with long-blonde hair and dark eyes. As well as a handsome face and pointed ears.

[Image Here]

His name is William Massachusetts.

I am not lying, that is literally his name. Which made it a bit more difficult not to laugh at it when I first heard it. Considering Massachusetts is a real place in my last life unlike in this world.

Moving on.

William is a half-elf. He's never been a part of a familia before, but growing up he learned archery and tracking.

Looking at us William put a bit of a smirk on his face. That is until his eyes landed on Ryuu and he slightly frowned. But it was only for a moment then his facial features went blank.

'That is definitely something that needs to be addressed.' I thought.

If William has a problem with other elves then he'll need to work it out because we will not tolerate any infighting in the familia.

Moving on.

The second person to enter after William is another male.

He is seventeen years old with blood-red hair that is kept in a single ponytail behind his head. He also had bangs framing his face and blood-red eyes, and is quite handsome as well.

And I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit that.

[Image Here]

His name is Diluc Ragnvinder.

From what his application said he's a skilled swordsman, which I believe given the claymore sword he is currently carrying on his back. The way he carries himself tells me he knows how to use his weapon.

As for the last person to enter it is a female.

She is sixteen years old with pure-white skin and matching long white hair that goes all the way down to her butt. Her eyes are midnight black.

[Image Here]

Her name is Echidna Dona.

And unlike William and Diluc she has already received Falna.

Turns out Echidna grew up in the country of magic, Altena and was a member of the Hecate familia during her childhood. Because of this she is already a level two. I would say we hit the jackpot but...

She is sort of scaring me.

Because ever since Echidna came into the house she's had this strange smile on her face that is sending a bit of a shiver down my spine when I look at it.

Though I'm sure its probably nothing.

I hope.

Once the door was closed Athena moved back to her seat. She then looked at our three potential recruits.

"So once again, thank you all for coming here today. I am the goddess Athena and those you see in the room with you are my children, who will be your fellow familia members should we choose to accept you into our ranks today. Now then, let's get these interviews started. Who would like to go first?" Athena spoke.

"I will." William spoke up.

He then stepped forward, officially beginning the interview process.

6