Chapter 51: Prep Work
1.1k 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Athena, Leonmitchelli, and I continued looking at the letter from the guild.

The three of us still in a bit of shock at its contents.

We are now classified as a D-rank exploration familia. Not only that, but we also have a guild assigned mission already.

Collect materials from the Great Tree Labyrinth, also known as floors 19-24 of the dungeon.

This is a big step for us no matter how you look at it.

Still, I'm not upset in the slightest.

Rather, I am excited by the task presented to us.

Taking on new challenges is how people grow to surpass their limits after all.

Which I am more than ready to do.

It's one of the reasons I became an adventurer in the first place.

As we finished reading the letter from the guild Athena placed it on my desk.

"Well, this is quite a surprise." I said.

"Yes it sure is." Athena added. "Still what's done is done. So the only thing we can do is deal with it and move forward."

I nodded my head in agreement. "Looks like our resting time is over." I said.

Which is fine. Since we've had two weeks on the surface to rest and recuperate from our battle with the Goliath.

"Wait, wait, wait, isn't this a bit too fast?" Leonmitchelli questioned. "I mean I'm happy were being recognized by the guild for our efforts but suddenly being promoted from an I-rank familia to a D-rank one and given a mandatory quest along with it seems to be coming out of nowhere right?"

"Actually no." Athena spoke up.

"Goddess what do you mean?" Leonmitchelli asked her.

"Well I'm not sure of all the criteria the guild uses to determine a familia's ranking, but there a three big factors they always take into account. 1. The number of members in a familia. 2. The accomplishments achieved by a familia. 3. The potential a familia has." She explained to us. "Although we only formed two years ago all of you have already leveled up several times. In the public eye we have three level three's and a number of level two's. And all of you children are still quite young as well. But you've managed to achieve something those who have been adventuring for years have not. We also have ten members so we are classified as a medium-sized familia now. Not only that but we regularly go to the middle floors. And to top it all off we just took down the first big monster rex of the dungeon. The guild may not seem like it's watching but it is, and thus they have used all this to determine the rank of our familia. Hence why we are now D-rank. Which I have to say I am very happy about."

Ahtena finished with a smile.

"Ok, I get it now." Leonmitchelli said.

"I'm glad." Athena spoke.

"Alright. So next order of business. Time for a meeting to discuss this matter." I said.

Athena and Leonmitchelli both nodded.

Once they did so we immediately began preparations.

Since it is the key to success after all.

-----------------------------

As dinner ended I called everyone into the living room.

Taking a seat on one of the couches I explained the information we received from the guild earlier in the day.

Finishing I noticed the others happiness. But I also noticed some tension as well.

"Alright, we are moving up." Gaul happily said.

"Yeah, but doing so brings more responsibility. As you can see by the mission we got assigned." Diluc said.

"So, all we have to do is complete it and everything will be fine." Gaul responded.

"Easier said than done little brother." Leonmitchelli spoke. "Easier said than done."

She's right.

Although the Great Tree Labyrinth is part of the middle floors it's a completely different world from the 13th-17th floors.

In this region of the dungeon we are heading into all monsters are classified as high level two's and above. Not to mention a lot of them have the ability to induce the poison status effect.

Which means the ones in our party without the Abnormal Resistance developmental ability are going to have the toughest time.

By the way, that list only includes Echidna, Diluc and William.

Since when Rogue level up a few months ago he went with Abnormal Resistance as his first developmental ability. While during this most recent level up everyone acquired it.

Even though we didn't plan on it happening like it.

It would seem fate guided us towards this decision somehow.

Which I am grateful for.

"Well regardless of whether it's easy or not we have to complete this quest." Rogue spoke. "So, how long do we have to get it done?"

"A month." I spoke.

"Well that's not bad at all." Ryner spoke.

"It's not." I retorted.

"Morax, when do we leave?" Ryuu asked me.

"In two weeks." I told her. "The day after the next Denatus concludes."

Two weeks gives us plenty of preparation time, and also I want to hear everyone's alias's before we head out.

I'm curious as to what they will be.

At my words everyone nodded.

"Ok then, so if there are no other pressing issues the meeting is adjourned." I said.

No one spoke up.

Thus the meeting ended and we all went our separate ways for the night.

--------------------------------------------

Moving through the city streets I headed toward my destination.

Athena by my side.

Two days have passed since our meeting to discussed the guild assigned expedition.

Since then everyone has gotten working on preparing for it.

Right now I am headed to the Hephaestus familia home.

I asked Athena to contact them immediately once I was given the Goliath two by the others and decided to have a weapon forged from it.

Since she and Hephaestus are good friends.

It took a bit of time but now they have found a smith that will be willing go forge my weapon for me, and give me a decent price.

Since items from a smithing familia are not cheap.

But they're well worth the valis they cost.

Still since I don't want to bankrupt my familia I needed a decent deal.

Which I am going to get.

I hope.

Athena and I continued making our way. As we did so someone called out to me.

"Eh Morax."

Hearing Ardi I stopped in my tracks and turned to my side.

I then saw her walking towards me, her usual on her face. Her sister Shakti walking right beside her.

Both of them in casual clothing.

To see Shakti in casual clothing instead of her usual adventurer garb, it feels good.

I am burning this image to my brain.

As soon as the two sisters reached us Shakti looked at me. I gave her a smile as she did so.

"Yes Shakti, something you need my dear?" I asked her.

She sighed. "You know you should really stop." She told me. "Because no matter how many times you compliment me I will never go on a date with you. I'm not into little boys after all."

Ouch." I said. Clutching my chest in mock hurt. "Harsh Shakti. But that doesn't bother me at all. I won't give up on you, and I am serious. And for the record I won't be a boy much longer."

"Hey Morax, please stop flirting with my sister in front of me." Ardi said.

"Ardi, we are not flirting." Shakti said.

"Really, I think we are." I said.

As I did so Shakti glared at me.

But it doesn't scare me at all. Rather, it feels good to have her glare at me.

Wait.

Oh no.

I think I might be a bit of a masochist.

Eh, I'm fine with that.

"Furu, my you sisters are certainly quite the breathe of fresh air." Athena said.

"Please forgive me goddess Athena." Shakti said.

"No, it's quite alright ms. Varma." Athena said. "And besides, it's nice to chat with one of the women my child wants to have in his harem."

"Harem!" The sisters cried out in unison.

I just simply nodded. "That's right." I said.

"Oh my Morax, to think you would be do daring." Ardi said.

"Well I like what I like and I won't apologize for it." I said.

Besides, lots of adventures enter into polygamous relationships. Both male and female.

So me forming a harem isn't strange in the slightest.

Shakti said nothing at the revelation and instead glared at me even more.

It's making me a bit excited actually.

"Well although I am enjoying this we have a meeting to keep so please excuse us." I said.

"Oh, what are you up to Morax?" Ardi asked me.

"Getting a new weapon made for an expedition assigned to my familia by the guild." I explained.

"A mandatory expedition." Shakti mused.

I nodded. I then gave the sisters the details. We're allies after all so I see no issue in doing so.

Once I finished explaining things Ardi spoke up.

"Hey Morax, mind if I tag along with you guys?" She asked.

"I mean sure. I'm fine with it and the others will be as well."

We are all good friends with Ardi after all.

"But if I may ask, why?"

"I just recently made level three and want to test my skills. But everyone else in my own familia strong enough to help me do so is too busy at the moment." She explained.

"I see." I said. "Well again I'm fine with it. But your captain also has to agree." I looked at Shakti. "So, what say you?"

"Sure." Shakti said.

As she did so Ardi and I high-fived.

Athena and I then bid the sisters farewell and continued on our way.

Looks the prep work for the expedition isn't the only thing getting done.

The same is true for my future relationships as well.

16