Arc 1 – Now or Never: Chapter 2
1k 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Now or Never: Chapter 2

A few hours later*

So far, I've learned many things about Juvia without having her say anything. For one thing, she loves the rain and hates it at the same time. In her own words, the rain was always there for her and at the same time push others away from her.

The irony wasn't lost to me when I heard this from Juvia. Nonetheless, this still won't change the fact that Juvia's loyalty once gained would be unshaken unless I betrayed her personally. Which I won't, for that would be a stupid thing to do and unlike Gray. I do happen to like Juvia. Even come to love in time. I am in no delusion that I'm more attracted to Juvia's body than anything else. Shallow, I know. But, I ain't perfect and I wasn't planning to become such a thing with Failure Manipulation. That will change me on a completely different level. Making me into an entirely different person, which is pretty much equal to my own death in a way.

Anywho, Juvia and I have made it to Oak Town. It just happens to be the location of the Phantom Lord Guild. Well, isn't that funny that I met Juvia right before she arrived here? Where she would join the Phantom Lord Guild at some point of either today or somewhere within a month of staying in this town.

Oak Town is an old castle town. It is situated on a hill, surrounded by forests and mountains, with the river flowing nearby. The city is historic, with numerous turrets and battlements. It is located spherical and completely covered hill on which is located. In the center, towering above the town there is a castle, which happens to be the branch of Phantom Lord Guild, not the real headquarters. It's in the countryside not far from Oak Town from I've found overhearing some people talking about the Phantom Lord Guild nearly everywhere in this town.

Honestly, I can see why Juvia would head to Phantom Lord Guild first, with these many people talking about it and with how lonely she is. Juvia must have given this Magic Guild a chance to meet with people that won't avoid her outright. And she wasn't wrong, but at the same time, she wasn't truly happy while being a member of the Phantom Lord Guild.

On another note. I got myself a new set of clothing, which is a new white shirt with gears at the bottom left of the shirt and brown pants with a plaid pattern including a suspender. Finish off with black boots, a single left brown glove, and a nice golden frame wristwatch.

Seriously make me damn confused by this world's clothing industry. In one part, there are many people wearing outfits belonging to the medieval era, then there are modern style clothing and some wearing punk style. It's like a mixed culture in Fairy Tail world, including the technology levels.

Juvia, on the other hand, decided to show off some skin while trying out many outfits and have me judge them. Overall, my boner seems to work, good to know.

Also, to my disbelief to see Juvia is damn loaded and easily paid for our new outfits. Since I'm flat broke and had no way to pay for any of these clothes. This made me remember how some of the female workers in the clothing store were begging to buy Juvia's old wet clothes for a high price due to them being made from a special brand that is limited in stocks. Making them more expensive than they already are from the material used to make them. Proving me further that Juvia is rich. Even more so, when she told me briefly about how she come from an old family and she the last line of her family at that. However, even that wasn't the main reason why she is so damn rich.

It's due to how many dangerous odd jobs she has completed as a wandering Mage. In fact, I recall how most of the time others would mostly underestimate Juvia, ending with their results of defeat. Not to mention, I've found out Juvia's Water Magic is among the top tier of magic for one to learn, especially how hard and rare to find someone or a book on Water Magic. And yet, Juvia is one of the very few Mages to have inborn Water Magic, allowing her to use the Water Magic without the need of a mentor nor a book to train.

Of course, having a teacher and/or book would speed up her training in Water Magic. Actually, this is proven twice in the canon, with Erza and Mirajane being good examples. Since those two manage to use Magic without even learning them from anyone else nor from a book about magic.

Overall, people that awakened their own inborn magic would be more powerful than those that learn magic from someone or a book.

In a way, this kind of answers some of my questions related to Juvia throughout the canon. Because I recall many times Juvia being able to defeat many people by herself until the power of friendship is needed. Not to mention all the outfits Juvia wore and those were not something cheap unless she made them herself. Well, at least in this world, Juvia is rich to get nearly anything for herself due to being a powerful Water Mage and if I recall correctly. She joined Phantom Lord Guild due to the people there being the first ones to accept her, even with the rain following her wherever she goes. Not for money, but being able to socialize with others.

Damn, that is sad. I'm glad I'm here to help her out early on.

Anyway, currently, Juvia no longer has her hair curls, instead, she let it fall in thick waves past her shoulders, and wearing a knee-high dark dress coat which is adorned with four, symmetrically placed, light-colored buttons on the chest. The coat is garnished with fur trimmings around her sleeve cuffs and neck. Juvia wears a matching, dark, Russian-style hat, stylized with a light-colored butterfly clip, which, in itself, is attached to the fur trimming garnishing her hat. And to complete her outfit by fastening a light brown belt around her waist and wearing complimenting, dark brown, thigh-high boots.

Yeah, Juvia is pretty much wearing the exact same outfit around the time of the Grand Magic Games later into the canon events of Fairy Tail.

Not going to lie. I'm digging her current outfit instead of her wearing revealing clothing. Mainly because this is her style that matches her while revealing clothing feels so forced on her in a way. In my honest opinion really. Plus, it makes things more fun when I tear them off personality in bed. Well, that later on, not now or anytime soon.

Although, I think she must have noticed my reaction upon seeing her wearing the outfit and letting her hair down, causing her to purchase the outfit on the spot.

"So, do you want to join the Phantom Lord Guild or try our luck with another Magic Guild? I'm fine either way." I look at Juvia, where we're eating dinner at some random local restaurant. The food is decent at best, but better than not eating at all. "By the way, thanks for paying for everything. I promise to pay you back soon once we join a Magic Guild and do some jobs."

Juvia shook her head, smiling at me that's filled with happiness, then replied in a cheerful tone, "Juvia doesn't care which guild to join as lone Juvia is with Renato-sama. And it's fine, Renato-sama doesn't have to pay back Juvia. Juvia is happy to help Renato-sama in any way."

I sweatdrop at how Juvia is with her money and the way she is towards me. Then again, Juvia does many crazy things for Gray, so I should've seen this coming already.

"I'll pay you back anyway or in some other ways." I said to Juvia, who quickly shook her head and put a serious look on her face.

"Renato-sama has already done Juvia a great deed that Juvia won't be able to pay back in a lifetime." Juvia said in a tone that she won't take a no for an answer. "If anything, Juvia wishes to give everything to Renato-sama to repay the debt of allowing her to be free from the depressing rain and allow Juvia to see the blue clear sky for the first time."

"First time?" I ask with a confused voice.

"Yes. First time." Juvia's face contains a sad smile, that makes me want to hug her and comfort her. "Ever since Juvia could remember as a little girl. Juvia has never seen the blue sky personally and only in books. The only thing Juvia could see is the rain and just the rain, which lead to many problems for my family. Many have tried to find a powerful Mage to help Juvia, but none could until Juvia met Renato-sama!"

Juvia held my right hand with both of hers and to my relief, she wasn't crushing it.

"Juvia vow to always be there for Renato-sama and do anything Renato-sama's desires." Juvia blushed, making me feel a bit awkward since seeing a blushing Juvia feel... a bit weird. Mainly due to how it looks before my eyes in person. Otherwise, I can see Juvia has fallen for me deeply like how her canon did with Gray. I would be a fool not to notice the way Juvia is acting towards me.

"Thanks for saying that, and I promise to never abandon you nor betray you and be there for you as well." I said to Juvia, making her face completely red once more and I still find it so weird how anime characters could have their face so red, and the next second it's gone. And right on cue, Juvia's face is back to normal after she shook her head.

I'm willing to bet Juvia was thinking about something romantic before shaking her head to stop fantasizing or something dirty, but I saw many examples in canon whenever Juvia thinks such a thing and this wasn't it.

"So, since we're still debating on if we should join the Phantom Lord Guild or not. How about we find a place to stay temporarily until then and while we're at it. We can just take on some odd jobs that the Phantom Lord Guild won't take for ourselves to earn some money to pay for rent along with other things for daily needs." I said to Juvia, and also for me to take some time to see if there is any magic in town for me to learn. Having Failure Manipulation is great and all, but it requires thinking to process what I want while magic should be quick to use on the go.

This is important for future battles and no one would allow me to set up multiple defenses using Failure Manipulation in the middle of the fight. So it's best I find a magic I can use instantly or something to disturb my future opponents to give me enough time to use Failure Manipulation. Since I know not all magic could be used straight away.

"I know a place for us to stay." Juvia gives me a bright smile.

"That's great." I said to Juvia, "Have you been to this town before?"

"Nope." Juvia replied.

Then how?! How do you know a good place here already?! I don't see any smartphone in your hand or anything to search up any good reviews Inn or whatever. Am I forgetting Juvia has other methods to find many places or something? Because I don't recall seeing any giant wall map of many places in this town during the walk around here. Nor did I hear Juvia ask any locals of a place either.

"I see..." I'm starting to wonder if maybe the people have some way to locate everything around them to find what they needed. No seriously, I don't think I remember a time someone in canon carrying a map or whatever to help show them the way to their destination.

Man, Fairy Tail's technology is so confusing. Especially those lacrimas aka magic crystalline substances found throughout the land. Used to power up with different spells and used for different purposes. Maybe Juvia has something like that on her person that acts like a smartphone or something without me knowing.

37