Arc 3 – Choices We’ve Made: Chapter 8
119 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 3 - Choices We've Made: Chapter 8

An hour later*

I rub my belly, stuffed with so much food that I can't eat another bite.

"So, anyone wants to explain why it was a good idea to stalk Akitsu, Misa, and me at work?" I looked at Juvia, where she brought Tsukiumi, Hikari, and Hibiki with her. "You could have just come in with us instead of watching from a distance. I'm sure no one would say no."

Or, in their case, those people doing the photo shoot would have begged Juvia and the rest to join their photo shoot season—especially Juvia since she is still well-known in the fashion industry.

"We didn't want to be a bother." Hibiki spoke up before the others could. "We were concerned that someone might have come to disturb everyone in the background, so we didn't appear out in the open in case we got caught off guard."

"Hm. I see." I rub my chin, curious if Hibiki is making up a lie as a cover for stalking us or if she genuinely thinks this.

I take a glance at the others. Yup, it's a lie, mostly going by the hint of surprise flashing the other's face before they could hide it before I noticed. At least with Hibiki, she believed what she said.

"Right. Well, the job is over. We can return to the guild. Unless someone here needs to do something before we do?" I ask everyone, then look over Misa's direction, where she has a black notebook out and writing something in it. "Since no one does. Let's head back."

I create a Teleportation Magic Circle and teleport everyone straight to the guild base.

"Oh, my!" Guild Master Bob nearly dropped a glass he was cleaning. "I almost forgot you tend to teleport inside the building whenever you're done with a job. Also, I see you caught your lovers trying to watch you from a distance while you're on the job."

"Sorry about that. And yeah. Also, where is everyone?" I glance around the empty lobby.

"Oh, most are on their jobs, and some are preparing themselves early for the next incoming Grand Magic Games. After all, there will be other ones besides the first one we're about to attend. So most are using free time to train now than later when they are limited in time." Guild Master Bob answered. "Seeing how rumors are going on that winning the Grand Magic Games would have money as a prize. Something about it being 30,000,000 jewels, and I'm willing to split the prize money among the members that attend the event."

"That would explain it also if it's 30,000,000 jewels or even close to it. Then, splitting it five ways. Everyone would get 6,000,000 jewels each. Pretty much an S-Class Job right there." I said with a hint of interest, but I've done many jobs with more than 30,000,000 jewels.

Plus, I bet that Juvia's bank account has more than ten times that amount at the minimum.

"Yup, and most of the flowers need that kind of money to support their living expenses." Guild Master Bob let a sad sigh. "It's also why I wanted you to train them in the first place. As with your help, they should have a higher chance of winning."

"Right..." I blankly stare at Guild Master Bob and start wondering what kind of lifestyle those girls have that would still be insufficient with all the jobs they've done in the past, mainly how each of them uses magic that puts them above the average Mages in many guilds.

"Anyway, do any of you need any drinks?" Guild Master Bob asks everyone.

"Juvia's good. Thank you for asking." Juvia answered.

"Misa is fine." Misa grin.

"No, thank you." Tsukiumi replied.

Akitsu shook her head.

"I'll take a drink." Hikari quickly chips in before Guild Master Bob leaves to do something else.

"I can use a drink myself." Hibiki follows her twin in getting a drink as well.

"I'm good." I shake my head, then take out a Beyond Card to get some answers I had been putting off for a while now.


The next day*

I start thinking about all the decks of Magic Cards I've created up to this point and imprinted into my mindscape.

Damn, I'm amazing. Also, without Failure Manipulation, creating these decks of Magic Cards would be impossible without decades of nearly nonstop working on them, and even then, most of the Magic Cards won't have the same effects as they are now due to not possessing the godlike talent I've given myself with Failure Manipulation.

Now, if I can just find a good reason to use my other magic besides the bare minimum usage.

I look at the crowd going on with their business while I relax at a local coffee shop.

I still don't like drinking coffee, but the smell is enough to help me relax. Plus, their snacks are tasty. I should bring Juvia here next time instead of coming here alone.

"Well, after the Magic Council has stopped trying to bring you and Juvia in. It didn't even take me that long to find you without trying to seek you out, Renato." Erza sat in the opposite chair before me, not showing any sign of hostile intention. "After an entire year being gone. You're still a monster, or even more, since I last saw you with Juvia."

And just like that, I wonder if the world is messing with me to have Erza show up so soon after making the Magic Council leave me alone.

"More like I'm not busy at the moment. Plus, you and anyone from the Magic Council would always know about my whereabouts. It's not like I was hiding in the first place other than when I took a vacation with Juvia." I point out, causing Erza to scoff. "Besides, you should know how strong I am. Why should I hide unless I didn't want to be disturbed?"

"Point taken." Erza rolls her eyes. "So, I've heard you failed to train a group from your guild for the incoming Grand Magic Games."

"Yup." I shrug my shoulders while suppressing the urge to grin at the false information I aimed for others to obtain instead of the real one. Of course, it wouldn't matter as before; the Magic Council would gather any information about me, even if it were fake.

"Why do I get the feeling that you've easily trained this group instead of the information that you failed to train them to become stronger other than being trauma and only being able to develop danger awareness?" Erza narrows her eyes at me.

"Believe what you want." I shrug my shoulders again. "So why approach me? I don't have any reason to talk to you." I raise an eyebrow at Erza.

"Believe it or not. But, it was an accident to find you. The Magic Council has ordered me not to bother you and your group. I don't know what you did, but clearly, you have done something to make the higher-ups make this decision." Erza shakes her head in disbelief. "I know how the Magic Council is. You're not the first or last person to make them change their minds. However, it's infrequent for this to happen."

"Best for everyone that I'm left alone." I smirk, causing Erza to roll her eyes. "So what now?"

"Now?" Erza stares at me with absolute seriousness. "How difficult would it be to make it so Juvia doesn't outright kill me if I were to get back with you?"

I pause momentarily, then start using my pinky finger to dig into my ear to take out earwax.

"Sorry, can you repeat that?" I ask in doubt and shock. "I think I misheard you wanting to be back in a relationship with me. Or am I hearing things?"

"You heard correctly. I want to be your lover again." Erza said in a serious tone.

"Why...?" I stare at Erza with wide eyes, showing how shunned I am.

"I can no longer be satisfied by other men." Erza said brutely. "I've tried a dozen with various sizes and none have satisfied me like you do. Some were even bigger than you but still wasn't enough. You got me addicted to this. So take responsibility."

"I don't think that's how it goes." I said dryly. "Also, it's a high chance of Juvia trying to kill you before allowing you to join me in bed anytime soon."

"Yeah, I guessed something like that." Erza sighed tiredly. "It looks like I'll have to figure out something. I know it would be impossible for me to fight off Juvia and I know you enough that you won't stand on the side."

"Ever thought about getting toys to satisfy your urge?" I ask Erza, finding this conversation changed in a weird direction. Then again, I wasn't expecting to talk to Erza so calmly like this, to begin with.

"I'm planning to do that later. Right now, I'm just wandering around on my day off." Erza slowly stands up. "Well, it's nice to see you again. Let me know if you change your mind. At least, Juvia would accept it if you're the one that wanted me back."

I watch Erza walk away and I can tell she is putting extra effort into seducing me by the way she is walking.

This is one weird day. All because I wanted some alone time and to try out some snacks. I better bring one of the girls with me next time. That way, I would have someone as an excuse to leave before the conversation could go this long.

Honestly, if it wasn't for Erza of this world being with the Magic Council and wasn't so willing to kill me because of reasons. It would be great to have her and Juvia as my lovers. Well, no matter; I have Juvia and the Sekirei.

I rub my chin, wondering if I should return here. Seeing how someone like Erza would show up here, there is another chance of her showing up again, even if this time was just an unforeseen event.

I let out a sigh, rubbing the back of my head.

Either way, Juvia is going to complain, no doubt, once she finds out about this. Hell, she might go hunt Erza down to ensure the possibility of Erza joining the harem becomes nonexistent.

Hm. I better make sure to explain and make things clear. I got the Magic Council to get off my back with the cheat—no idea what would happen if Juvia decided to deal with Erza. It's best I make sure Juvia understands I have no desire to get back with Erza. Not when I have her and the Sekirei as a harem. Too many women for me to handle at this point, excluding bedroom activities; it's almost hard to give everyone my attention without causing too much favoritism with Juvia.

Suppose things come down to it. Failure Manipulation is the answer. No matter how wrong it would be if I did that. better than the other methods, that would make things much worse than they would be.

But first. I need to buy more snacks. Maybe Juvia would figure out how to remake them or a better version. That way, I won't have to come here again for them.

5