Arc 3 – Choices We’ve Made: Chapter 9
125 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 3 - Choices We've Made: Chapter 9

A month later*

"Miya, why are you sitting on my lap?" I ask the Queen of Sekirei calmly.

"Does it bother you?" Miya asks back. Moving slightly, causing me to narrow my eyes.

"Have you been reading one of Juvia's books on couple activities?" I wrap my arms around Miya's waist and place my chin on her right shoulder. "Again?"

"That and books about being a good housewife." Miya replied. "After all, Juvia has mentioned a few times how she doesn't have much time to cook and clean the house lately. So, I've decided to talk with her and take over this duty."

The irony isn't lost on me. It seems that Miya is still following in her canon counterpart's footsteps in becoming a housewife. But, who knows, she would be good as her canon version in household activities, including cooking.

Now, I just have to worry if Miya also had read those erotic books like Juvia did. And boy, Juvia has done many, not all, things that are in those books to make sex better than ever. So, having Miya do the same will be damn confusing, yet a little exciting, as this version of Miya is still serious and isn't like her canon version at the beginning of the plot.

"By the way, you didn't answer my question." Miya moved again, making me breathe a bit harder than usual. "Does it bother you when I sit on your lap like this?"

"It doesn't bother me." I answered, ignoring how my dick was trying to put a hole through my pants to hit the goal, aka Miya's vagina or anal. Whichever is the closest at this point. Sadly, there is something important to do today, and I know Miya wouldn't let me go once we begin until an hour or so goes by. So no sex until later tonight. "But it might be you who is bothered not seeing me wanting to eat you up."

I can feel Miya shiver in my arms as she breathes heavily.

"Too bad we can't do it right now." I push Miya to the side of the couch as I get up and stretch my muscles. "I got a job to do. I'll be back tonight, so let the others know. I just returned home to nap, but seeing you working so hard made me change my mind."

Miya pouts, "Couldn't you have helped?"

"I mean, you didn't ask." I point out. Then, toss her a Dispel Card. "By the way, Juvia also uses this Magic Card to clean up the place in one go instead of doing it by hand. I think Juvia was hoping you would ask for my help instead of reading the book on house cleaning. In addition, when Juvia meant by not having enough time to cook and clean. I'm pretty sure she meant she is low on Magic Power to use the Dispel Card to clean."

"Oh..." Miya stared at the Dispel Card blankly, then the living room, or precisely, from what I could guess. The area she had cleaned a while ago.

"Well, time for me to go." I quickly left via Teleportation Magic. No doubt, Miya is going to vent her frustration somehow, and I don't feel like being anywhere near her when she blows up.

I reach into my right pocket to pull out the folded job poster and unfold it to recheck what job I need to do.


Reports of the Dead Rising: S-Class Job
Job Location:
 Web Valley
Job Description: There have been reports about the dead returning to life and attacking the living. Figure out the cause and deal with it before this becomes a more significant threat as time passes.
Reward: 10,000,000 jewels


Putting the job poster away, then teleport to the Web Valley, which is part of Clover Canyon. A place is known for its innumerable fissures from an ancient earthquake. It is a great, natural labyrinth where numerous people have been lost and never to return. It was told that even hunters from the Hunter Guilds couldn't get out when they lost their bearings.

Therefore, I began spreading my space field to cover the entire Clover Canyon, something I could have done in the past, but I had no reason to come anywhere near Clover Canyon until now. Anyway, with the space field, I won't have to experience being lost like those unfortunate people.

In seconds, I'm done covering the entire Clover Canyon with the space field and begin looking for the undead or zombies, whichever it could be.

Okay, I'm getting mixed signals here, and I've found the undead, where a thousand of them scatter in Web Valley. None are outside of the Web Valley, which is good but bad. Since that means someone is controlling the undead to prevent them from leaving Web Valley. But, at least, this is good, as dealing with the mastermind behind this would hopefully make the undead turn back to being dead again and prevent future undead from being created.

I recreate the Evil Cleansing Card, multiple of them, and throw them at each undead via teleportation, removing all of them from the realm of the living. Easily done, now to find the mastermind, which wasn't that hard as I can sense them making more undead after noticing how so many undead were erased just now.

Teleporting to the mastermind, and I can't believe who the mastermind is; in fact, I know the mastermind and find myself feeling a bit stupid for forgetting their existence that has a meaningful impact on Fairy Tail's canon plots.

Not too far away from me is Keyes, an Etherious of the Dark Guild Tartaros and a member of the Nine Demon Gates. A subspecies of demons that was born from the Books of Zeref. Made completely of Ethernano, which was why they were thus dubbed by Zeref as the Etherious.

Their main form of combat is usually known as a curse. Whilst similar to magic in several regards, curses are fouler due to the notion supported by the fact that curses are run off of negative emotions and are superior in that they, and those who utilize them, are unaffected by magic-canceling/nullifying objects. Also, like magic, curses come in a wide variety, such as curses involving explosions to revolving around natural disasters are just a few examples.

As for Keyes' curse, which is Necromancer, gives him the ability to perform necromancy that allows him to revive and control a deceased person. Being able to reanimate hundreds of corpses at a time allowed him to determine how much a corpse could behave like its former self. However, corpses revived under Keyes' control may only exist for a limited time unless they possess a driving force to allow them to stay reanimated much longer than other corpses. Furthermore, if Keyes is defeated, corpses under his control will cease functioning.

I rub my chin, debating recreating a curse for myself or even learning to use the curse. Then, drop the idea since it requires negative emotions to be powered. Something I could fix with my cheat, but even then, there might be no point in getting it as I have many methods to do similar effects as curses. Plus, I don't feel like relying on my negative emotions that much. Not when I have a harem of beautiful and sexy women.

Using my geass on Keyes, shutting the Etherious's mind down instantly and permanently.

Without a word spoken or being able to do anything upon seeing me. Keyes collapse to the ground silently.

"Huh... I didn't expect the geass to work on him." I thought out loud, already expecting to use the Aries Swordsmanship to deal with the Etherious in case I wasn't fast enough to use any of my go-to Magic Cards. Nonetheless, the battle is finished before it even starts.

Now, to erase the evidence of Keyes' existence being here. A Dispel Card did the trick. Then I started looking around to see if there was anything important I should take with me, but nothing out of the ordinary besides the many corpses that were halfway crawling out from the ground.

I shouldn't leave these corpses like this. Not when it could cause more problems if left alone for too long. Well, I'm more concerned about how so many corpses are intact and buried in Web Valley, where people would get lost easily. Furthermore, who buried the corpses in the first place? Because they wouldn't be able to bury themselves.

A quick use of the Beyond Card, and I got my answer. I'm feeling stupid again. Also, surprised to learn that the Necromancer Curse has a hidden passive effect of recreating all the corpses intact as long there anything remains that could be used for the curse to take hold of to be used as a medium.

Because of this, I don't have to worry about the corpses since they will disappear soon, turning into ashes due to lack of Curse Power to keep their physical form intact.

Interesting.

Nevertheless, another S-Class Job was done, and I dealt with one of the villains that the Fairy Tail Mages would deal with in the future—time for me to leave and maybe find something else nearby to bring back or not.

I check the surrounding with the help of the space field one more time but find nothing, so I teleport out of Web Valley and somewhere near the Blue Pegasus Building.

"Renato?" Someone called out my name, making me raise an eyebrow.

I see Karen and Lucy together to my right, enjoying a smoothie and going by the few bags they're carrying. They might have recently come from a clothing store too.

"Oh, hey, you two." I greeted them. "Just came back from a job I just finished."

And by that, I mean I'll have to write a report later before the job is considered as complete. Simple enough with a Magic Card to do it for me without having to do it personally by hand.

"It took you less than an hour to complete it, right? And if I'm guessing correctly, it should've been an S-Class Job at that." Karen stares at me with a dull gaze.

"Yup." I didn't have any reason not to hide this information.

"You make others seem so weak and useless with how effortlessly you do high-paying, dangerous jobs." Lucy gave me an envious look. "But, we know how powerful you are compared to the others."

"You know, I could bring you two with me to an S-Class Job, right?" I point out, and Karen and Lucy shake their heads in sync.

"No. No. No. We don't have any desire to risk our lives." Both of them said at the same time in a wry tone.

"I can easily protect you two—" I was about to say something before Lucy cut me off.

"It's more of Juvia we're more worry about than the job itself." Lucy shares a look with Karen before looking back at me. "It's Juvia that worries me if you plan not to include her with us in this job."

"Well... You're not wrong." I agreed with Lucy that Juvia would make things difficult, even now when we have the Sekirei in our life. "Anyway, nice talking with you two. I'm going to wander around a bit before reporting back to Guild Master Bob about the job is finished."

Lucy and Karen said goodbyes as I walked away.

I better check with space field to see if Juvia is nearby or not.

4