Mount Carbon
76 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

31 Saovine 1197

Saibus is currently kneeling in front of the League Alumni.

"Saibus, you took a two-year leave to learn about your heritage. Let us know if you found out what you wanted."  Lars asks.

"I discovered that my ancestor walked this land for the first time during the Conjunction of the Spheres. I learned his story and that of my family."

"Well, we have accepted your leave if when you return, you will undertake a dangerous mission. You are back so you will be going on a mission."  Continue Leonidas.

"What is my mission," asks Saibus.

"In the mountainous region of Mahakam, traces of wyverns alerted the dwarves and gnomes. They then contacted us to help them track down and kill these wyverns. You will have to go and team up with the witcher already on the way. A dwarf named Zoltan Chivay is waiting for you in Carreas, a fortress town near the foothills of Mahakan. Go to the outskirts of town. There is a stable run by an assassin on the way to the forest. A horse so you can go quickly to Carreas. You're fired. "  Gaara says.

Saibus greets the elders and leaves the council chamber. He leaves the League base and goes to the outskirts of town, where there is a stable run by a master assassin.

"Hello Sir, My name is Saibus. The Council must have prepared a horse."  Saibus declares to the owner of the stable.

"Yes, come on, I'll show you your mare."  The assassin leads Saibus towards a black twin with war armor.

"Here is your mount. It will take you to Carreas, where you will leave it for an assassin who will bring it back. Its name is Mablette and is quite fiery."

Saibus rides Mablette and trots her towards Trinity's house. After arriving at the home, he ties it up before entering.

Trinity is still in the League. Saibus leaves a note on the table and enters his old room, which has remained as it was. He takes the equipment he had left behind and goes out again. He then heads the mare that he rides. Mablette then gallops south in the direction of Redania.

Thanks to Mablette, the Saibus journey was quick. It reached Témérie in half a day. Night fell, forcing Saibus to stop at an inn on the side of the road. The river inn is an inn that is located near the river that crosses the Temeria, dividing it into three. The hostel is between Valletta, a fortress town on the edge of this river to the north, and Vizima, the capital in the center of Temeria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~

Saibus is currently in the hostel room. The atmosphere is festive, with songs, alcohol, and laughter. Everything goes well until a drunk man hits the butt of a waitress who walks past him. The waitress then smashes her iron dish on her head, knocking out and starting a general fight.

Wooden chairs and glasses fly across the room. Several are broken. The bodies of drunken men and women pile up on the floor, leaving only the less drunk people standing. Saibus does not participate in the fight but enjoys the entertainment while eating his meal. After that, he goes up to his room to the fighting cries of the drunks and the screams of the staff.

He undresses, puts away his equipment, and goes to bed because he must be up at the same time as the sun as quickly as possible at Carreas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~

The following day, when the sun rises, Saibus is already on its way to Carreas on Mablette.  Saibus made Mablette gallop for a long time, making her journey much shorter but tiring the mare more. Finally, when the ground is at its highest, Saibus sees the fortifications of Carreas.  Mablette makes a last effort, taking him to the outskirts of town to the Hideout, where he drops Mablette off.

Saibus then passes through the gates guarded by platoons of soldiers. After that, the city is split in two. A part reserved exclusively for soldiers and another for the population. In this last part, the dwarf, Zoltan, waits for Saibus.  Saibus does not take his time as usual and immediately goes to the inn indicated to him by the Council.

He walks into the inn, and the atmosphere is the same as in every festive tavern. He looks around the room and spots a dwarf matching the Ancients' description.

Zoltan is a beefy dwarf and tall enough for a dwarf. He has shaved hair and a crest on the top of his head. Like most dwarves, he has a handsome red beard. His face is stern and grave. He wears leather pants with a brown doublet. Above it, a dark red leather coat protects him from the cold. Beside him, a war hammer is leaning against the wall.

Saibus walks towards Zoltan's table in a remote corner of the tavern.

As Saibus approaches the table, Zoltan notices Saibus.  Saibus sits at Zoltan's table.

"Are you Zoltan?"  Saibus asks.

"It depends, who asks."  Zoltan answers.

"I'm a League assassin. I was sent to help you against the wyverns.

Zoltan's face immediately becomes darker.

"I won't expect you until tomorrow. It's good that you arrived earlier. Let's leave now. We will arrive at the capital, Mont Carbone, before dark."

Saibus then follows Zoltan outside the inn. They then leave the city and begin to climb the mountains of Mahakam. Along the way, Zoltan explains the situation to Saibus.

The situation is worrying in the mountain range. Several wyverns were sighted on the mountaintops a few months ago, but they never approached the constructions of the kingdom. But several Wyverns have attacked the domain in the past month or so. These wyverns were isolated, so the dwarves and gnomes managed to kill them. But the wyverns are getting more and more aggressive. So the kingdom requested the help of the witcher. The witchers responded, sending two witchers from the Wolf School and one from the Cat. These witchers were a massive help to Mahakan in eliminating the wyverns.

Unfortunately, although the number of wyverns is decreasing, they are becoming more aggressive. According to the witchers, this flow of wyverns is not normal. For them, there is something at the top of the chain that must terrorize the Wyverns. King Brouver Hoog then asked the League for help in exchange for equipment made by dwarf masters and gnomes.

"And here we are. I just told you the whole story. Now let's hurry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~

Saibus and Zoltan arrive at Mont Carbone at sunset. Mont Carbone is the capital of the enclave. He is famous for his weapons, forged using advanced gnomish technology in workshops deep in the mountains. Many mines, foundries, and forges are located there. Mont Carbone iron is renowned for its quality and is considered the best in the world.

Saibus and Zoltan are at the end of Langbridge, the bridge that provides access to Mont Carbone. The bridge is several tens of meters long, guarded by several squads of guards.

The guards also arrest our assassin and dwarf.

"Zoltan, you came back rather than planned with the assassin. The king was expecting you for tomorrow."

"Yes, our assassin friend was faster than expected."

"Alright, yes, the king should be in the throne room."  said the captain of the guard.

Zoltan walks over the bridge, followed by Saibus.  Crossing the bridge took a few minutes, given its length. The guards at the entrance to Mont Carbone greet Zoltan and Saibus, who returns the salute. The dwarf warrior and the assassin enter the house of dwarves and gnomes. The interior of Mont Carbone is both sumptuous and sublime. The decoration is neither minimalist nor overloaded. The interior is made of stone with a grayish tone. The dwarves and gnomes who cross Saibus look at him strangely because the presence of non-dwarves and gnomes is sporadic in his places, especially among humans.

Zoltan eventually leads Saibus into the throne room. The throne room is like the rest of the capital, made of stone, gold… The huge throne room could easily accommodate several hundred people but only held eight people.

"Zoltan, I want you to bring the League member earlier than planned. Come on. We are just talking about a plan of action to counter the Wyverns. I will introduce you to the team members you will be part of.  "

0