Ch. 15 – Laurent’s visit and the Volturi
2k 1 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the last 3 months since introducing Bella to werewolves, she and I have been hanging out. One day she came to my house with 2 motorbikes that were really crappy. Jacob has been too busy with his duties as the alpha, and the've also been hunting Victoria because she keeps showing up, looking to kill Bella. So instead of Jacob she uses me for emotional support. And with me she doesn't have to worry about me falling for her or anything like that, because she knows I'm with Alice.

We fixed the bikes together and we ate lunch together at school every day.

After we fixed the bikes I actually taught her how to ride one properly so she doesn't get injured like in the movie.

I still go to Anchorage nearly every day and spend my nights there with Alice.

One day I notice Bella walk through my part of the woods but she didn't come to visit me because she's passing through. Remembering the part of the movie where Laurent tries to kill Bella, I decide to follow her to make sure nothing happens.

Bella enters an open clearing and Laurent shows up.

"Bella."

"Laurent.."

"I didn't expect to find you here. I went to visit the Cullens, but their house is empty. I'm surprised they left you behind.

Aren't you sort of, um... a pet of theirs?"

"Yeah, you could say that."

"Do the Cullens visit often?"

"Yeah, absolutely, all the time. I'll tell them that you stopped by. I probably shouldn't tell Edward. 'Cause he's pretty protective."

"But he's far away isn't he?"

"Why are you here?"

"I came as a... favor to Victoria.

She asked me to see if you were still under the protection of the Cullens.

Victoria feels it's only fair to kill Edward's mate, given he killed hers. An eye for an eye."

"Edward would know who did it. And he'd come after you."

"I don't think he will. After all, how much could you mean to him if he left you here unprotected?

Victoria won't be happy about my killing you.

But I can't help myself. You are so mouthwatering."

"Please don't. I mean, you helped us."

"No, no, no, shh, shh. Don't be afraid. I'm doing you a kindness.

Victoria plans to kill you slowly, painfully. Whereas I'll make it quick."

Laurent then prepares to kill Bella which is when the wolves should show up in the movie but I can feel them being miles away, which means I'm going to have to save Bella myself.

I walk out of the bushes in my full wolf form while Bella has her eyes closed in anticipation of her death, she whispers..

"Edward I love you."

This is when Laurent notices me.

"I don't believe it."

Laurent tries to run but before he even realizes, I've already got my fangs in his neck. And with one little bite.. SNAP

I took his head clean off.

I walk up to Bella and lay in front of her, I then speak to her telepathically.

"Get on, I'll take you home. Just this once though. I'm not some mount."

"Hehe, sure. Thank you for saving my life, and the ride home."

"You're welcome Bells."

That night in Alaska I have to break the news of Laurent's demise to Irina.

I arrive there and Alice immediately notices, she comes out of the house and greets me with a hug and a kiss like usual.

"I have to talk to Irina, could you maybe gather everybody in the living room?"

"Sure, what is it about?"

"Laurent."

Seeing as how I'm not divulging more information she does what I asked.

5 minutes later everyone is gathered in the living room, all the Denalis and the Cullens.

Carlisle is the first to speak..

"What is this about, Fenris? I think we're all curious."

"Earlier today Laurent came to Forks at the request of Victoria. He tried to kill Bella but I intervened and killed him first."

"NO! I don't believe you! He wanted to be like us, to live with me."

"I'm sorry Irina, but he tried to kill Bella. The moment he did that all bets were off."

"GET OUT! GET AWAY FROM ME, AND STAY AWAY!"

"Alright, whatever you want. I am sorry for your loss Irina."

A few days later in an attempt to see Edward again Bella goes cliff diving. I get her out of the water and give her CPR.

I took her home in her truck and when we arrive there we notice Carlisle's car outside her house.

"Alice is inside."

"How do you know?"

"How could I not? I would always recognize her scent."

We walk into the house and notice Alice waiting in the dark.

"Would you mind explaining to me how you're alive?"

"What?"

"I saw a vision of you, you jumped off a cliff.

Why the hell would you try to kill yourself, I mean what about Charlie?"

"I didn't try to kill myself. I was cliff jumping. Recreationally."

After explaining to Alice what's been happening the last few months with Bella, she became a little mad at me for condoning such reckless behavior.

Then she suddenly goes quiet and stares at me with a hollow look for a few seconds.

'A vision.'

Snapping out of it, she looks at Bella.

"It's Edward. He thinks you're dead. Rosalie told him why I came here."

'Wait what? He didn't call first? That's what he did in the movie. Hmm, guess I'm going to meet the Volturi then.'

"Bella, he's going to the Volturi. He wants to die too."

After this revelation we all decide to go to Italy together.

In Italy Alice steals an ugly yellow Porsche. And we hurry towards Volterra.

Once we get there the car can't continue because of the festival and Bella tries to quickly get out of the car only to be stopped by Alice.

"No Bella, Fenris is faster and he's strong enough to push Edward back out of the sunlight. Fenris go now."

"Yeah alright, alright I'm already going."

I quickly make my way to the square, where I see Edward already about to walk out of the clock tower.

'Jezus, Bella really would have been too late. Luckily I came along.'

I rush towards Edward and push him back inside and quickly put him in a restrictive hold until Bella and Alice show up.

"Bella is still alive Edward! Stop struggling."

"NO! You're lying let me go!"

Luckily it doesn't take long for Bella and Alice to show up.

"Edward, I'm alive it's okay, you don't have to feel guilty."

Edward quickly explains the misunderstanding to Bella and then tells her his true feelings and they kiss. Meanwhile Alice and I watch with smiles on our faces.

Until Felix and the other guy from the Volturi show up.

"I won't be needing your services after all, gentlemen."

"Aro wants to speak with you again, all of you. Especially him."

Saying so Felix points at me.

"But no rules were broken here."

"Nonetheless, we should take this conversation to a more appropriate venue."

"Fine. Bella, why don't you go enjoy the rest of the festival."

"The girl comes with us."

"No, you can go to hell."

At this point I interject.

"Edward, she'll be fine. I promise."

Now Jane walks towards us.

"Aro sent me to see what's taking so long."

She looks at all of us one by one until she gets to me, she then stares at me for a while before she turns around and we all follow her.

'She didn't just use her powers did she? 'Cause I felt nothing. Even if it's not pain, I should at least feel something.'

We make our way down a flight of stairs towards an elevator. Inside there is this godawful opera music playing so I start humming Sweet Caroline instead.

This earns me a chuckle from Alice and a strange look from Jane. So I explain to her..

"I don't like opera, especially this particular piece."

She just scoffs and goes back to ignoring us.

Eventually we make it to the room where Aro, Marcus and Caius are sitting on their thrones, pretending to be kings.

"What a happy surprise!

Bella is alive after all.

Isn't that wonderful.

I love a happy ending.

They are so rare."

He then grabs Edward's hand and start going through his memories.

"Her blood appeals to you so much.

It makes me thirsty.

How can you stand to be so close to her?"

"It's not without difficulty."

"Yes, I can see that."

Edward then explains to Bella..

"Aro can read every thought I've ever had with a touch.

And now you know everything. So get on with it."

"You are quite a soul reader yourself, Edward.

Though... you can't read Bella's thoughts."

He then looks at Bella and continues..

"I would love to see if you are an exception to my gifts as well.

Would you do me the honor?"

Bella then gives Aro her hand.

"Interesting, hehe I see nothing.

Let us see if she is immune to all our gifts, shall we, Jane?"

Edward then rushes in front of Bella but Jane quickly drops him to his knees from the pain.

Bella quickly begs them to stop.

"No! Please stop hurting him please!"

"Jane?"

Jane stops hurting Edward and looks to Aro.

"Go ahead, my dear."

Like in the movie Bella seems to be immune to Jane's gift.

"HAHAHA, remarkable. She confounds us all.

So, what do we do with you now?"

"You already know what you're going to do Aro."

"She knows too much."

Marcus and Caius comment.

"That's true. Felix."

But before Felix takes a single step I rush towards him and kick his legs out from under him and hold his head, ready to snap his head clean off at any second.

When I'm done I notice Alice also tried to intervene so now some no-name Volturi bastard has his hand firmly grasped around her neck.

At this point I enter my partial transformation and grow about 2,5 meters tall (8,2 feet).

I look at the bastard and drop Felix to the ground. I Slowly walk up to him..

"Get your hand off her, or I will rip out your throat... with my teeth."

I imbue every word I speak with my aura so now the guy's knees are literally shaking and he quickly releases Alice.

At this point I feel a ticklish sensation all over my body and I almost start laughing because of it. But realising that it is Jane I pretend to be in pain and drop to my knees. Alice kneels by my side holding me in her arms begging Jane to stop which makes me feel a little guilty.

'I shouldn't start killing the Volturi yet. They're not all here. If I kill them now I'll have to go on a hunting spree and I don't even know how many members they have.'

"Jane, I think that's enough."

Jane immediately stops and I quickly get up.

"You must be Fenris, it truly is an honor to meet such a legend.

I believe we owe you a thank you for taking care of Stefan and Vladimir for us."

"No thanks necessary, I did it out of vengeance.

Alice, show him what Bella will become."

Alice then offers Aro her hand.

"Mesmerizing, to see what you have seen, before it has happened."

He then walks to Bella..

"Your gifts will make for an intriguing immortal.

Go now, make your preparations."

While we walk out we see a beautiful vampire followed by a large crowd of tourists, walking towards the room with the Volturi.

We then quickly start hearing screams and cries for help.

Once we left Edward stops me and wants to talk.

" I read Aro's mind. Now that he knows Jane's gift works on you he will try to come kill you at the earliest convenience.

He'll assemble the entire Volturi against you as soon as he finds an excuse.

He also wants me and Alice to join him. So he'll probably come for us all when this happens."

"Then it's good Jane's gift didn't actually work.

I was just pretending, although it did tickle a lot."

"Why did you pretend?"

"Because if your enemy thinks he has one over on you he overestimates himself and underestimates you.

Remember how Carlisle said that they have no idea exactly what I'm capable of?

When Aro and I started talking, I expected him to ask about it, but he didn't. Because he now thinks he can kill me, he's no longer afraid."

Suddenly my wolfy sense starts tingling, so I turn around and see Alice looking at me...angrily.

"You pretended?! I was worried for you! I thought you were in pain!"

"I'm sorry I made you feel like that. I'll never do it again I promise."

I look at Alice with an apologetic expression but I can see on her face that we are nowhere near done talking about this.

76