Ch. 23 – Confrontation and start of a slaughter
1.8k 3 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day at noon we were all standing in a big open field that was covered in snow, waiting for the Volturi.

In the movie, the wolves made a dramatic entrance after the Volturi arrived, but now we're all standing side by side. Some of the wolves managed to learn how to control a partial transformation and some were still just full wolves.

In total, we had about 27 vampires and 38 wolves. We let the younger wolves stay at home, especially since, because of my influence the youngest wolves could transform from the age of 12.

We kept waiting for about five minutes when I picked up soft crunching sounds from the snow being walked upon.

"I can hear them, they're still about 3 minutes out.

Jacob, if things don't go as expected, you need to take Renesmee and run."

"Yes sir."

"What? No pop-pop today?"

"Didn't seem like the right moment, but if you insist."

"Meh, I've gotten used to it by now."

"The redcoats are coming, the redcoats are coming."

Right when Garrett says this the Volturi appear from the tree line.

They slowly walk towards us and come to a halt about 100 meters from us.

Carlisle then steps forward. "Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilised manner."

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us."

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken."

Then Caius interjects. "We see the child. Do not treat us as fools."

"She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look." Carlisle then turns to Renesmee who clings nervously to Bella. "See the flush of human blood in her cheeks."

"Artifice!" Caius again interjects.

Aro raises his hand, telling Caius to calm down. "I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved."

Edward then walks over to Aro and lets him grasp his hand and see into his memories.

Looking surprised Aro looks toward Renesmee and then back to Edward." I'd like to meet her."

Edward, although reluctant, turns around and nods his head, telling Bella it's okay.

Bella, Renesmee and I then make our way towards them.

"Ah, young Bella. Immortality becomes you." Aro then focuses his attention on Renesmee. "HAHAHA, I hear her strange heart." Aro holds his hand out for Renesmee to take.

Renesmee looks to her mother, who nods. She then walks to him. "Hello, Aro." Instead of taking Aro's hand though, she reaches for his cheek and uses her own ability to show him her memories.

"Magnifico. Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human."

"Impossible."

"Do you think they fooled me, brother?"

While Aro and Caius have a stare off, Bella, Edward, Renesmee and I start walking back to our side. Halfway there I hear Caius. "Bring the informer forward."

I immediately halt my steps and look toward the Denali sisters on our side. 'Irina is about to be killed, guess I shouldn't let that happen.' I turn around and watch the events unfold just a little further.

Caius points towards Renesmee and asks Irina.."Is that the child you saw?"

"I'm not sure."

"Jane."

But before Jane can use her gift Irina quickly adds. "She's changed. This child is bigger."

"Then your allegations were false."

"Yes, the Cullens are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake." Irina then looks to her sisters and softly whispers "I'm sorry."

Caius then nods towards the two vampires standing next to Irina. They rip off her arms and drop them to the ground. The biggest one then reaches out to rip her head off as wel but that's when I spring to action.

In one fluid movement, I take a throwing stance, and as soon as my right hand reaches high enough, I summon a spear. Before I even let go of it, a sonic boom already reverberates through the air. The spear makes its way straight for the vampires' head, pushing the snow on the ground out of it's path due to the wind.

Before anyone had even noticed anything, they heard the sonic boom, and all of a sudden the vampire who was trying to rip Irina's head off, falls to the ground with a large hole straight through the side of his head.

For a moment there was a silence that felt eerie to everyone present. They were all still figuring out what had happened when I practically disappeared from everyone's sight and immediately reappeared next to Irina holding the heart of the second vampire in my hands. Before anyone could even react I pick up Irina and her arms, and throw her through the air to our side of the field.

Now surrounded by vampires, I look around and every vampire takes a few steps back out of fear, until they get their bearings and Aro quickly shouts out to Jane. "Jane, what are you doing? Use your ability, NOW!"

"But I.. I, I have been using it. Since he threw the spear."

Quickly coming to a realization Aro looks at me in fear. "You faked it? You pretended to be hurt by Jane, why?"

"Look around you, Aro. You've brought them all here. You practically gift wrapped them for me. This was never your trap. It was mine. And now, the Volturi will cease to exist because of your arrogance and pride."

74