Chaoter 2: It’s Dark
992 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'It was dark as if the abyss was staring at you. In an empty lightless world; I can see nothing. I… – I'm done with this.' 

I don't know man. I've run out of words to describe what I am currently experiencing. 

I died, I suppose. The last thing I remembered was me hanged to death. Then all I can see is literally nothing, it's too dark in here. 

I don't really know what is happening anymore. It felt like I am moving but there is nothing else visible to signify any motion since my vision literally perceives only darkness. 

How much time has passed I wonder? 

If only I knew dying was this scary then I should've… 

Haah. 

I'm not scared of the dark. What is truly frightening is that this whole situation bores me.

This is driving me crazy. 

I really hope I could have someone I could talk to. 

Things wouldn't have been dull for me, at least. 

Even someone from another dimension will do. 

Even if I could not understand their language, that is still much appreciated. 

What else can I do here aside from monologuing? Jacking off? 

Eating cookies for example? No.

I would like to say: Hello? I'm on the dark side. There are no cookies in here. That lore is bullshit.

Besides, that's not possible since I couldn't feel my body or anything. 

I have seen a lot of memes about tempting innocent bystanders into the darkness because they had some cookies or whatnot. 

I too had tried it a lot. I don't know what it really meant but it was fun, so yeah whatever. 

I mean using the meme. Don't freaking take that literally. I don't trick people. I'm super honest ~ dattebayo.

As I was thinking about random stuff to entertain myself, 

I felt a sudden strong vacuum sucking my entire consciousness.

How was I able to perceive that something was going on since I couldn't feel my body you ask? It's bullshit I tell you. Don't sweat the details. 

'AAAAHHHHHHH' I screamed in monotone.

You know, just to add a bit of dramatic effect. I gotta entertain myself or else, I might actually become retarded.

*Thump*

I heard a loud heartbeat. It was close to me.

"^#*!*#&#&"

"£@%@%%×_" 

 I could hear a sound but it was incomprehensible.

*Thump* 

I heard another heartbeat but louder than before. 

*Thump* 

I could feel my body again. 

I slowly opened my eyes and squinted as I saw a bright endless white. 

'Not again? Don't tell me, am I going to stare at nothing but white for the rest of the moment now?' I complained

But this time, something's different. I could suddenly feel my senses slowly coming to me.

'Sniff… What's that smell? Alcohol?'

I brought myself up and observed the surroundings.

I stood and walked following the scent. 

Then I hear a very familiar melody play.

Perking up my ears, I listened closely.

Shinjidai wa kono mirai da. 

Sekaijuu zenbu kaete shimaeba, kaete shimaeba…  } 

"T-that is?!" My lips trembled as I knew what that was. 

Excited, I ran following where it came from. 

Running, I could then see a door. The sound was coming from there. 

I arrived and slightly opened the door to see that it was dim.

Mustering my courage I entered and what greeted me was a theater-like setting.

There was a big jar on the other side and It had a very strong scent

.

"Spirytus" I read the label.

'Wasn't Spirytus supposed to have a gentle smell' I scrunch my nose.

Looking at what's giving brightness in this room, I saw a large screen and something was being played on it.

'Just as I thought.' 

It was playing the theme song for One Piece Red Film.

There were chairs and more than ten people were present.

Not minding them I excitedly went over as close as possible and sat beside someone. Anticipation was building in me.

'Oh my goodness! This isn't just a trailer but actually an hours-long movie.' I wanted to jump and celebrate but held myself back.

I don't care about my situation or anything. I want to watch this epic movie first. I'll mind that later. 

Because honestly one of my greatest regrets in dying is not finishing all those great anime like this one. 

*Ruffling noises*

I heard a commotion on my right side. Turning my head, I saw a large bucket of popcorn. I bowed my head in gratitude and took a handful of it. 

'Haaah perfect.' 

I watched the movie going on for hours while from time to time I took some popcorn. 

'How kind, this guy.' 

Finally, the movie was reaching its climax:

"WOOOOOOOOOAAAHHHHH!" I shouted excitedly, throwing some punches at the guy next to me. 

I was amazed by the first time Luffy used his fifth gear while fighting along Shanks. 

I'm not the only one hyped up since I could hear all the people present cheering with great enthusiasm. Even the dude was returning some punches on me. 

.

.

.

At some point, it finally ended. I was lost in exhilaration, I high-fived the person next to me as if we were close acquaintances. 

Satisfied, I reached for a fist bump and he unexpectedly returned the gesture.

Fun fact, how can people get acquainted real fast?

It is by sharing a moment of happiness with them and experiencing the same vibes. 

I turned my head to the side.

Now that I look closely at him... 

"!!" I froze. 

The person beside me had a crown on his head. 

Looking at me, I could sense dignity and pride in his ambience.

He smiled. 

"Did you enjoy the show?" He asked. His voice was firm.

"Yeah. That was awesome."

"Who are you talking to, King?" 

The woman next to him spoke with a honeyed voice. 

She was also wearing a crown. A queen's crown specifically.

Then all the people turned their heads to look at me.

They had numbers written somewhere on their faces except the royalties and the dude who was wearing knight armor. 

As they saw me, their eyes enlarged, flabbergasted. 

The knight spoke.

"You're finally awake Jo-..." However, the knight was interrupted as he was slapped by a little girl. 

"Stop that Jack! You must not." A girl with number three on her cheek apprehended him.

Witnessing a little girl creating a dent in a sturdy-looking armor, I was speechless, my mouth was gaping. I mean, I had my expectations that they are not normal but still, it's astonishing.

"Where am I?" I asked. 

King stared briefly at my face before replying. 

"... You are in heaven." His eyes were sad, reminiscent of a long-time friend. 

"??" I saw the look he was giving me and I was confused.

'I haven't seen him before right?' 

Then suddenly someone chuckled.

"Hah haha"

"Haha"

"""""""HAHAHAHAHA""""""" Everybody was now laughing.

It wasn't out of ridicule, I could tell. It was something else and I can't explain it. 

I don't know what the fuck was going on so, I laughed as well.

"Kekekehahahaha"

It may be their traditional way to welcome someone; culture.

How can I tell? 

The dude beside me was supposed to be a King but he was wearing a blue dress. His kingly aura doesn't compliment his clothes. 

While the Queen wore golden armor. She looked like Gilgamesh.

Jack was wearing a shirt with 'Ass' printed on it. I guess that's funny now?

'Jack, Ass'. Alright. 

Everybody was wearing various costumes and it's completely out of place. I guess, the 'HAHA' laugh is a kind of a greeting now. 

"You really are a crazy dude. " The guy with 'Seven' on his forehead commented.

He was the first one to stop laughing.

I wryly smiled at that in response. 

I didn't outright comment on their fashion sense because it might have been a thing here or something. Don't wanna be racist.

"So can I expect to be reincarnated?" I asked directly with no nonsense voice. Reading fantasy and fanfiction completely rubbed off the bad habits in me. I know it's delusional but a man can always hope. 

""""""HAHAHAHAH""""""

"...Kekekekekeke" 

'Are they on crack or something?' 

I now am wondering if I am being made fun of or not.

"Yes, you are." The King-like dude spoke seriously but I can see him barely holding his smile from escaping his mouth. 

'What? Can he read minds?' 

'Dude you are looking great. You looked like an abused Cinderella.' I focused my eyes on him to see if he got that.

"You are going to reincarnate."

'No reaction? I see, too bad.'

"Do I have a wish?" 

There's no room for asking the 'Why(s)' here people. 

I am an opportunist. Having another chance at life is always welcomed. 

"Yes. Think what you desire most." 

"I want a loving wife and to live a satisfying life" I replied immediately. 

'I also want 'that' and 'that' power.'

No practicality here bitches. I like that power and it's cool. No questions asked.

"""""""HAHAHAHAH""""""" 

And they just laugh again.

You know what this culture is kind of fun.

Because it makes me laugh.

"Kekekekekeke" Pun intended.

The King nodded his head and waved his hand as a human-sized box appeared out of nowhere.

'That couldn't be more obvious.'

It's supposed to be a mystery box but it wouldn't be a mystery anymore. It's impossible to not think otherwise since that big question mark floating in it tells you. The irony.

When it opened it produced a blinding light and I could feel that it was sucking something out of me. 

I felt weak and my vision turned blurry. 

Swaying... *Thud*... the next moment my head was on the ground and I passed out.

...

20