Chapter 32: Dream
154 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fouush

Sounds of animated wind blowing.

Shin woke up and found himself back in the inverted realm. When he became conscious, he was sitting near the tip of the reversed building.

"It looks like I am back again in this place." 

This was the second time Shin had been to this realm. He still remembers the time he had fought with that fake Douma. 

By this point, he realized that the one he fought here, or the fake Douma was his very own hollow. 

He also wished for a hollow power after all. And it seems to Shin, the hollow he got was someone that knows how to piss him off. Shin that time had just known that he hated Doma by a huge margin. 

So, Shin became excited and searched around the place to look for his hollow and fight with him again. 

.

.

.

Unknown time passed but he didn't find anyone. It was only him at this place.

"Haah." He released a tired and bored sigh. 

He slouched over and then finally laid down on the floor of a building. Shin felt like he was poured some cold water that died down his enthusiasm.

Facing the sky he said,

"What's the point of being in this place? There is no fun. Where is that guy, I wonder? I was even excited to butcher him again. Haaah. What a letdown." He expressed his disappointment to no one.

Facing to the side, he pulled his head up and cupped his hand near his cheek using it as a stand. 

"From what I can recall, I was laying beside Kana, and then by the time I slept I woke up here again." 

"Hmm… I wonder how I came here?" 

He questioned. This didn't happen ever from those months he fell asleep. So the reason for him being asleep to be summoned here was crossed out.

"Then… someone must have summoned me here, however, I couldn't find anyone in this place." 

"Hmmm…" 

Shin, even though was presented with the opportunity to further hone his skills in this place since he could still feel the unending stamina from before yet decided to not do that. 

He wasn't a battle junkie. If ever he was presented with a situation where he had the option to fight and run, then he would rather choose to flee. But if he was forced to battle, with no other option to take, then he would fight.

Shin was a seeker of something fun, and enjoyable. He was excited to fight Doma or his hollow since it was fun torturing the guy. 

Even though for some reason he couldn't be satisfied, then he could just torture him endlessly. 

Even if he was Shin's hollow, it was the dude's fault for pissing him off first. Shin was a petty person and would even take the grudge very far. 

But since there was no one here, so another reason for being that 'someone' who had summoned him here is crossed out. 

"Then, something… you know what? Fuck that." He cursed out loud. Shin couldn't care for the reason or about something that had summoned him here. 

"This is too boring. I want to get out of here already. I want to wake up in the morning and be with Kana." He complained. The moment Shin had been reunited with Kanae, the only thing he wanted was to be in her presence and cuddle with her.

(A/N: Do note that Shin still wasn't in the know that Kana was Kanae in disguise. I'm referring to her as 'Kanae' in the narration while 'Kana' in Shin's speech or thoughts.) 

By this point, he forgot that he still had something to catch up with her. He was dragged along by Kanae's flow, so that fact didn't register in his mind right now. 

"Hmm… Let's do that." 

Shin had an idea of how to undo himself from being summoned to this place. He got the thought from the last moments he had shared with 'Fake Doma'.

So he summoned his sword in his hand.

"Ikaritenjani ~" He released it in a Shikai form. Since that time Shin was pierced by a sword that was 100 percent identical to his, and he thought that it would work this way.

(A/N: I don't know about this one. I just remembered that movie BNHA 2, when Bakugo exclaimed how insane Nine's ideals were. I don't know the proper Romanji about it, I'm just guessing. I think it meant 'Madness' or something so it relates to being crazy.

I think it sounds cool so I'm going to use it from now on. If you have complaints, drop down a comment. Satisfy me with your reason so I may change it.) 

Shin then brought his sword facing him. He closed his eyes. He extended his hands forwards while holding the sword and then pulled it fast.

*Ting* 

"Huh?" Shin heard a sharp ting of something that was hitting metal. 

He opened his eyes and look down at his chest and saw a black orb blocking the tip of the sword.

"What the fuck is this?!" He cursed. He badly wanted to escape from this place so that he can see Kanae again. 

The orb he saw was shiny black, it had an afterglow that accentuates more to its mysteriousness. 

Then Shin felt something was calling him and it came from the orb in his front. 

So he recalled back the sword and reached for the orb. 

The moment he touched it something happened — 

[ Rebirth or Trans-Share ] 

A black rectangular, terminal-like interface which has the words: 'Rebirth' and 'Trans-Share' that looked like a pressable button, appeared prompting him.

Shin became interested and pressed the 'Rebirth' button. 

The terminal glowed white and some moving images were projected on it. 

"..." His attention was on the screen, he watched till the end. Then a couple of minutes later the video ended. 

"I see. So that's how you use that power." 

The video was showing and explained to Shin how to use the ultimate ability of Op-Op power from the devil fruit. 

It was called 'Rebirth' for a reason. 

It was the ability to exhaust the user of the Op-Op power of all his vitality or more directly in this case, which is his life, in exchange for something. Though, the act was only possible to commit towards the same specie and then ultimately change their physiology; rebirthing them to become pseudo immortal. 

To elaborate pseudo immortal, the receiver of this sacrificial technique will receive infinite vitality that allows them to not age. Whatever age the recipient had currently, they will stay like that forever. A young man can stay young indefinitely. However, they can still die if they are killed. 

(A/N: Lol. I don't want to elaborate on that. It's perfect as it is understandable.) 

To give an example, Shin can only use this ability on humans yet he has to die for it. 

"So this was how those old geezers stayed young, huh?"

Shin was talking about the 5 Elders from the World Government in the anime One Piece. 

Nothing was proven or any backstory was told back then from the anime that showed the Elders had used someone to make them pseudo immortals. Shin didn't even finish watching the anime yet, sadly. 

He very liked the anime One Piece so he was a geek to the point of learning theories he found on YouTube. 

A lot had theorized about the Elders being immortal and he too believed that, so that is why. 

How can he relate to the anime and his reality right now? 

The power he has currently, had differences from One Piece. To give a piece of evidence, he can make his dome transparent which wasn't shown in the anime.

How can he be so sure?

Well, let's just say that his instincts were the ones who had told him about it.

"Then what about this one?" 

After he was done mulling about what he had seen, he decided to click the other button:

'Trans-Share'

Then another set of images played out on the screen and after it was finished, Shin was dumbfounded. He was gaping. 

It took a moment for him to speak.

"... Fuck! Op-Op power is bullshit! It's amazing." There were stars in his eyes.

*Crack* *Crack* 

He didn't notice the cracking noises. He was thinking about the things he had learned from what he watched earlier.

The world broke and then —

8