Chapter 33: Breakfast
132 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For what the Op-Op power can offer, the only thing Shin can't do was that stuff about switching people's gender like what Law did on Punk Hazard from the anime. 

The 'Rebirth', the sacrificial ability which in his theory before; was the ultimate skill of this power, was something that he also can't do but that's out of the picture.

Reason being:

While Shin learned instinctively to use his Op-Op power, and also with the help of the fake Doma who had the same power as him, it also added to the fact — boosting his learning capability by being familiar with how the Op-Op power works based on watching the anime — of how Trafalgar Law does it. 

There was a theory of the 'Rebirth' going on back in his old world. Mostly, it was done by die-hard fans of One Piece, creating tons of videos about theories of 'Rebirth' but, all of these hadn't been confirmed.

In all of 1000K+ episodes of One Piece, there was no actual scene that shows, even just someone who isn't Trafalgar Law, using the 'Rebirth' technique. There was a hint  — foreshadowing that, the 'Rebirth' technique was what made the 5 elders of the World Government exist for several years long, having witnessed the 800 years of void history.

Here's the thing, Shin watches the anime, and for some reason, when there was a new technique Trafalgar shows, Shin, in his mind knows the process of how it is done.

Since Shin hadn't seen 'Rebirth' being used, so he hadn't learned it.

Going back to the switching-bodies technique, Shin, even if not learning how to do it, he had formulated an idea of the process — how the technique works and this was:

It has something to do with handling the nerves of perception, or the thing that makes a person conscious. 

He had the idea of how the technique works after he had successfully made Syri's 8 prosthetic tails fully functioning. This was made possible by connecting all the nerves of the tails to some specific nerves in her brain.

The details of what Shin did to accomplish this are better left unsaid.

Now another fact about switching genders skills.

Let's call the deed a 'gender swap.'

Gender swap wasn't exactly transferring the soul but merely just connecting the consciousness towards a different body. 

Shin couldn't touch the soul, at least it was impossible before.

However, after he watched the video played in that realm, specifically the second one, Shin thought of an idea that might be able to have a way to work with a soul. 

The video wasn't only imparting knowledge about the skill, but Shin was also briefed on the fundamentals of life and death.

He found out: 

When a person dies his/her soul will escape from his body and then slowly dissipates. After 7 days, the soul would mostly dissolve along with the memory and then it would only be left with an essence that holds the consciousness and that's when it would re-enter the cycle of reincarnation.

The video was mysterious and incredibly informative. 

Shin's eyes were staring at the ceiling as he pondered about these things. He had woken up and been in this position for almost 5 minutes since then.

*Sniff* 

Shin scrunched his nose as suddenly an appetizing scent coming from somewhere entered his nasal cavity which brought him out of his stupor.

Shin automatically then look to the side to find Kanae but he didn't find her there. Syri wasn't also present. 

He was only left with his cloth artifact that he transformed as a blanket yesterday night.

"They must have woken up early." 

Shin stood up and tidied up the bed.

After that, he wandered inside the house and followed that rather salivating smell which brought him into what looked exactly like a kitchen place.

He found Kanae sitting in seiza. In front of her was a sunken hearth fired with charcoal. It was a square, stone-lined pit on the floor, above was a kettle hooked on an iron rod within a bamboo tube. The pothook looks adjustable. It can be lowered and raised by the suspended kettle utilizing an attached lever decorated in a design of a four-petals flower. 

(A/N: Pic Here —>)

Beside the pit was a rectangular stone structure with cavities filled with burning firewood. There was a pot stationed on the left side of — let's call it a burner. The aroma coming from it smelled like miso soup, but the scent was more appetizing than that of yesterday's miso ramen.

While on the right side has a pan that currently had Kanae's full attention. She was using a chopstick to flip a slice of fish meat on the pan which was filled with heated oil.

Lastly, there was another pot placed to the side, below the rectangular stone burner. Underneath was a wooden structure that has three slanted lines that formed into a triangle holding on to the base of the pot. There was an extremely fragrant and slightly sweet, barelt popcorn-like aroma coming from the pot.

While Shin was observing these archaic-looking structures compared to modern kitchens, Kanae looked back finally noticing his presence.

"Good morning, Shin ❤. You're finally awake." She smiled while giving her greetings. 

She was wearing an apron strapped in her front while underneath was a pink kimono with flowery stuff which was different from yesterday.

In Shin's eyes, he was hallucinating that Kanae was emitting a cozy, home-like atmosphere. Flowers were dancing in Kanae's background as she gave him that loving smile. She looks so beautiful, like the wife Shin had envisioned. 

Shin stood still and stared at Kanae for a minute and then he finally noticed that someone was missing.

"Where's Syri? I thought she was with —"

He stopped and looked back when heard a familiar cute yet peculiar sound from his back.

"Ning!" Syri was carrying in her mouth a cloth that had wooden dining utensils in it, passing Shin, and going towards Kanae.

"Hehehe ~ Good girl." Kanae received the stuff Syri carried in her mouth and patted her head as she praised her.

Shin smiled at this heartwarming display and then went over to Kanae.

"I'll help you set it up."

"Okay ~ That's very much appreciated."

Several moments later, Shin, Kanae, and Syri were having their breakfast in the living room. They were sitting, of course as usual in seiza while on their front was a small table. 

Their breakfast consists of fried salmon, a bowl of steamed white rice, some miso soup to take a sip on, and a cup of green tea.

"I wonder if you're okay with the breakfast. Bread and cereals aren't common here." Kanae explained to Shin.

In America, Kanae had been used to having bread and cereals for everyday breakfast the same as for Shin. 

As kind as she was, Kanae was slightly concerned if Shin might not like their breakfast today. 

She guessed that Shin came into this world just recently by how he was so unused to the customs of people here. Like using chopsticks for example. 

"Kekeke ~ Don't worry. Anything you make is good. I don't care if it's not the usual food we eat, if it's made by you, I can only imagine that it would taste divinely delicious." Shin exaggerated.

Though till this point, Shin doesn't care about what he eats as long as it's edible, — he was totally fine with it. And of course, he knew that Kanae's dishes were great. 

But the truth was that Shin wanted to earn more browny points from Kanae so that when he explained to her the situation about his death in his past life, he would slightly alleviate the hidden beast inside the woman.

He knew that his death would play out as a suicide so Kanae must be hurt and angry because he left her behind.

Most especially now after he realizes that Kanae had feelings for him, it would turn out for the worst. 

"Is that so? Hehehe ~ ❤. Wait minute…" 

Kanae moved over to Shin's side and sat on his lap. 

"Since you still don't know how to use chopsticks, then I'll help you."

She raised her chopsticks, closed and opened signing for Shin's approval.

"..." Shin was speechless.

Yes, it's true that he still hasn't learned how to use chopsticks. But —

'Is it really necessary to sit on my lap? Though I don't hate it. But, in this position it is uncom — Nah, whatever.'

Shin was staring at Kanae while she too looked at him, waiting for his consent as she gave him a bright smile which by the seconds passed, was slowly turning into a frown and some tears were gathering in her eyes.

How could Shin complain when she used her ultimate card as easy as that? He was after all a simp, but only to the one he loves. Shin was total simp for Kanae. 

"I'd love to have your help, oh poor me." So after a moment, Shin said in a goofy tone, finally giving Kanae the go sign.

'Heh ~' Kanae smirked. She knew that it would be uncomfortable for Shin in this position. 

She loved the man and cared genuinely about him but she doesn't forget grudges; Shin committed suicide and left her behind. She was in the mood to cause Shin at the moment a slight discomfort while at the same time grace him with her love. 

'Hehehe suffer as you eat while I shower you with my love ❤.' She thought mischievously.

So the breakfast went on, the same as yesterday's event which had Shin being shamelessly fed by Kanae. This time though, she took it up the notch since she was in an intimate position with Shin. 

Shin's leg was almost cramping but he persevered just to satisfy the woman's desire. 

Syri, however, was feeling out of place so she scooted to the side eating on the wooden bowls that were given to her by Kanae, minding her own business while making a delighted noise as she ate.

================

(A/N: Damn, bros and sis-cons, I'm back 3 days earlier than stated for my break.

These past few days, I have had all of my fun time going out and socializing with people. 

It has been 5 to 5 ¹/² months since I went out of the house, you see. 

It was a blast. I enjoyed being in their company. Now, I'm back in the house and I'm lazy to go out once again, probably will do it after a month or two who knows? 

I've been playing with mobile games all day since yesterday. Now, I'm kinda feeling bored of it. It's honestly not because I wanted a change of pace due to a of a series of lose streak. 

There are a lot of things fun to do as a change of pace. Like watching Hent — Youtube random videos for example. Oh, and I never forget to read my daily dose of MTWBV's everyday chapter release.

But I missed fu*king you guyses heads. 

You know, about 2 reviews that has been deleted (1 I did while the other was a dude himself who deleted it) — it was mostly all about it saying the story is confusing; has a very complicated writing style. (I didn't include their other points saying that there was a lot bullshit going on with the fic because duh? I've stated it at first that, that's how the story is going to be —> a bullshit.

Yeah, I'm convinced. I agree about this fic being too confusing. Some parts if not most just does not make sense. 

People have different taste and I'm someone who writes random stuff and try to piece it together so that it somehow makes sense. But forgive me for not being able to execute it better as such in a way that it is simple to understand.

But you know, I'm not sorry about it. When I thought about how I ruin other people's mood by giving them random bullshit story, I seemed to enjoy it. If I'm allowed to be pretentious then, it's like this is my rebellion to the unfair world giving me the unfair life. I'm putting the blame on others of why I'm feeling bored right now. I cannot blame myself all the time. I'm not a masochist.

Just kidding ~ I felt bad saying that when I know some others is having a much worse time in their lives as I speak — No, write.

So yeah, I'm cutting this supposed to be author's note that seemed to be an autibiography as it is becoming to wordy.

I hope you like wrecking your brain as you read this chapter 🤣.)

5