Chapter 34: Kanae is a Jealous Woman
178 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After they were done eating, Shin volunteered to clean up. Just a bit of water to get it wet and wiping was all it need. 

It was a simple task — But of course who are we talking about? It's Shin the genius guy who uses his power even at the smallest task such as washing the dishes. 

Shin was currently making gestures with both of his hands as if he was a rapper giving that 'Yo! Yo!' sign. 

There were wooden utensils that they used in their breakfast earlier floating inside a small blue dome. A towel was used to dry these pieces of stuff after it was washed. 

Shin was doing this work on the shack, which was located in a space next to the kitchen.

'Kekeke ~ What else would I use my power but make life convenient? Duh' He thought smugly. 

Shin believed that this power if possible should be made use to the best of its functions, not solely nor — for merely combat purposes.

Shin was finishing with his task when all of a sudden he could hear a gush of rather large raindrops crashing on the roof. It rained and it was a total heavy downpour. 

Shin looked over to the window and it wasn't just rain, there was a thick mist that obscured his vision for about 10 meters across the area.

*Fooouuuush*

A strong cold wind blew passed Shin's face which made him shiver a little.

He was wearing his cloth artifact but it didn't cover his face so he felt that cold. 

'Is it a typhoon?'

'No, I don't think so. If it was we could have felt the signs from earlier. It's just too sudden.'

The weather was fine till earlier. It abruptly changed which made Shin think that it was,

'That's weird…' 

Weather, in his knowledge, knew that it is constantly changing but it would still leave obvious signs.

Shin knew that there were no signs or so whatever happened for this rain to appear.

When he went out of the kitchen he saw that it was a clear sky.

Shin listed out the things he had observed:

'It's fogging,'

'A cold wind,'

'And then a sudden rain…'

"Man, that's so fucking spooky." Shin felt a cold shiver running down his spine. He found it weird that this happened so abruptly. 

He thought that it was a bad omen for an upcoming incident or anything of the sort.

He learned most of this superstitious belief from the anime and in addition, his mother comes from Filipino culture. 

It was common in the anime to foretell that when there was something bad about to happen or had happened, a scene or signs of odd things happening would play out. 

One most generic example of such cases was a sudden breaking of glasses that is staying at rest. 

"Ning!" Then he heard a cute sound calling for his attention.

Shin was on his way back to the living room when he stumbled on Syri who had tears in her eyes running toward him.

"What's wrong Syri?" Shin crouched down to pat the head of the little creature. 

"Ning! Ning! Ning!" Syri was raising out her paws to Shin as she made desperate sounds.

"What? You're cold? Do you want to come inside? Come here, Kekeke ~" He picked up Syri and put her inside the opening from his chest.

Shin had already transformed his cloth artifact into a Rurouni Kenshin get-up. It was an article of Japanese traditional clothing so obviously, would have an opening in the chest area. 

*Pop* 

"Ning!" Syri's head pops out in Shin's chest area after he put her inside. She was making a content sound; a total opposite of her distress call recently.

For some reason, Shin could understand what the creature wanted to convey. It was like he could hold a conversation with Syri now.

He then continued walking back to the house.

… 

As soon as Shin's foot stepped to the entrance of the door, he saw Kanae charging, and jumping at him with open arms. She had a cheerful smile on her face.

"Room" 

He didn't hesitate and made Kanae suspended in the air.

Shin didn't want to dodge Kanae or else he might face Kanae's wrath nor he received her hug because he didn't want to hurt Syri inside from the covers of his chest.

"Why?" Kanae muttered. Her face darkened while she still had a smile but it was chilled.

She only spoke a word but Shin could understand the unspoken words, hidden by the woman.

'You don't love me anymore?'

'Why are you not hugging me?!'

'How dare you!'

Something like that.

"I'm sorry about that, here look." Shin smiled wryly and patted Syri as he guided Kanae's eyes to his chest. 

Kanae finally noticed Syri who had her head on his chest.

"I see. I wonder why you took off earlier, so you went to Shin, huh?"

Her smile became significantly colder. She was at the moment emitting a freezing atmosphere.

Kanae was a kind woman, considerate even. But when it comes to someone she most especially cherished, she sometimes makes a drastic, extreme personality change.

Though she didn't mind Syri clinging onto him, however, in a situation such as this; being rejected for her advances towards Shin — from hugging him because of someone else, she felt bitter about it. 

She was a jealous woman.

"N-ning…" Syri witnessing Kanae making a frightening switch of personality whimpered. She clipped her ears then went and hide her head, to avoid Kanae's gaze. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Hehehe ~" Kanae snapped out of it when she noticed she was scaring the little creature.

Shin then waved his hand making Kanae float towards his back. 

His clothes glowed white and then his naked back became exposed.

He made Kanae cling to him, placing her hands on his shoulders, and carried his left leg and then the other after he was done invoking his power.

He then commanded his cloth artifact to transform, which now also covered Kanae.

She was piggyback riding him once again, but this was different than what happened yesterday night.

Kanae was directly touching, Shin's naked skin.

There was a hole on the cloth, specifically on both sides of Shin's waist for Kanae's legs to insert into, so that her legs would go out.

"Kekeke ~ You look so beautiful right now, don't you know that?"

Shin praised Kanae as he continued walking. 

He was planning to go to the 'their' room and hole up inside since it was cold and raining today. 

It's days like this when it felt nice, to relax and cuddle with someone. 

He was happy being in Kanae's company that he even completely forgot about being spooked out.

"I am sad. I thought I was always beautiful. But to say that it was just 'now'…" She said with a disappointed tone. She pretended to be downhearted. 

"Kekeke ~" Shin look over to the side and then planted a kiss on Kanae's pale, soft, and inviting cheeks. 

"Nah, you're every time beautiful. I was just too mesmerized by your beauty that I couldn't say the words properly, forgive me."

Shin liked Kanae being so clingy to him. 

Or even to the point of becoming a yandere on him.

'What a bliss.' 

Shin thought, he was overwhelmed with affection coming from the woman he love as he felt her grip on his shoulders released which was then replaced by a hand that hugged him tightly on his chest. 

"Is that so? Hmm. Hehehe ~" Kanae nodded her head repeatedly and giggled with satisfaction. 

Kanae then reached for his abdomen and patted the frightened little creature curling right there. 

"I'm sorry Syri…" 

Kanae didn't say anything after. She didn't state other reasons.

She was aware that she was a jealous woman. She was shocked earlier when Shin rejected her advances, and it was the first time too, including their past. She broke down and became narrow-minded at that time.

To say the reason why Shin and Kanae were closer compared to others, even though they weren't been labeled as an official couple yet, from the past and the current time was that both of them were very open to each other. 

One thing was clear, whenever, wherever, and whatever, both of them switches their moods at the speed of light.

7