Chapter 4: Average Tavern Brawl
85 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Waku Waku! (ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥~”

 

Out of nowhere, the tense atmosphere was shattered to pieces as all the cultists whipped around. It was…. A small girl's voice? It was a high-pitched flowery voice that seemed to ooze with cuddly cuteness among other happy things.

 

‘What the f-’

 

 Horror blackened Yun Xie’s face as his hand covered his mouth in shock. What abomination had just appeared out of his mouth? He knew it. Using his ability [Reference], he used the <Characterization Of: Anya Forger>.

 

 While it meant he had her abilities, there were a few side effects to it. He’d done well to make sure his hair didn’t turn pink but… He’d completely forgotten about the…. Other parts of it. Everyone around stared at him dumbfounded, the crossdresser tilting her head in amusement.

 

His whole world had simply…. Crashed down. Why had he uttered that in his excitement? Why? Feats of depression unknown to any other human being smashed into him like a thousand Nuclear Missiles, blowing away his ego and mental fortitude in mere seconds.

 

This was worse than the Naruto and Super Saiyan incident…. He felt like crying. Just curling up in a small muddy hole in the middle of a dense dark forest. Yes, that would be ideal.

 

“Why….? Why….? Why….? My day was going completely fine. The tofu was good. I was thinking good thoughts. The weather was good, not too cold and not too hot. And then I say that of all things!? Maybe it’s best… If I just ended it all…. My life is completely ruined!”

 

From beneath his cloak, Yun Xie drew a katana. It was plain, with a handle wrapped in rough black cloth and an almost shimmering blue-steel blade, serrated and deadly. Without a second thought, he plunged it through his own chest.

 

*Strchk!*

 

Even the eyes of the cultists, who were quite desensitized to many depraved morbid things, widened their eyes in pure shock. The crossdresser dropped her cup, rosy red lips opening slightly in an awkward manner.

 

On the ground, He Gengxin felt the pain lessen and turn into pure disbelief. 

 

What the hell!? Big bro, are you stupid? Just because you squeaked weirdly, you decided to kill yourself!? Huh???? This whole situation was going in a rather weird direction. Like the rest of the people in the tavern, he had no idea what was going on. The tense atmosphere had turned into a deafeningly awkward one.

 

Yum Xie stabbed the hilt deeper into his body, feeling a roaring pain assault every inch of his chest. Before, with a rough pull, fountains of blood seemed to spew out into the air as the bloodied red katana finally came out of his chest.

 

He let loose a pained gasp, his face contorting below the straw cone hat as his hands came together in a tight grip.

 

The monster-hag lady watched in disbelief as fountains of blood sprayed out around her. She’s never seen such a psychotic person in her life! And the amount of blood coming out… Was that even human?

 

The other cultists watched as the blood sprayed upon them, blinking awkwardly. And then the leader’s eyes widened as her gap-like mouth gnashed.

 

Yum Xie’s once pained expression had turned to an evil malicious grin. He clapped his hands together, bloody index fingers pointing out towards the cultists.

 

<Blood Manipulation: Piercing Blood>

 

Suddenly, everyone began to realize. The blood gushing out overhead began to warp and twist before without warning, sharp stabbing rays of blood shot in all directions.

 

*Shtck! Shtck! Shtck! Shtck! Shtck!*

 

The massacre began.

 

As if they possessed minds of their own, the sharp bloody missiles branched out, tearing through the throats of the hooded ones before they could even raise a finger.

 

Those dead corpses stiffened up for a moment, as if they were a statue, before falling to the ground.

 

To the side of the room, a certain cultist robotically lurched forwards, before flashing away more naturally, the piercing arrows of blood seemingly avoiding him.

 

Even more blood, this time of the enemy spewed about and there was nothing they could do. The monstrous hag watched as one of her minions tried to fend the blood off with a dagger, only to be skewered through the face, hot sticky blood and grey brain juices flowing out.

 

And that was her fatal mistake.

 

Before the hag could even turn back, Yun Xie’s hard sandal rocketed into her face.

 

The cultist widened her eyes as electricity seemed to crackle in her ears. 

 

<Amplification x9>

 

<Lightning Magic: Tenjiolia>

 

Out of his fingertips, a raging yellow bolt of pure lightning flashed out, blasting the creepy cultist into the ground, the hag screaming out in pain as she was fried.

 

*WATOOM!!!*

 

The countless maggots within her face and the centipede strewn over her dissolved into powdery ashes as the rest of her innards were set aflame.

 

Sparks and static flying through the air, Yun Xie rolled his eyes in annoyance. That single attack was not enough to kill her. Amplification stacked and upped the power of the spell, but still, her cultivation and resistance were pretty high. 

 

The smell of charred flesh filled the air as he cocked his hand back, laughing a little maniacally.

 

But before his opponent could even think of trying anything, Yun Xie’s foot scraped across the floor, viciously splintering the wooden planks below.

 

He narrowed his eyes, bursting forth in an unprecedented bout of speed.

 

The hag snapped her burnt limbs up, expecting a powerful blow dealt with the legs- Only for a sharp knee to smash into her face.

 

Yun Xie wrenched the cultist's head to the side as he split her skull with that devastating blow.

 

<Hokuto Shinken: Koshu Hagan Ken- Neck Twisting Face Breaking Fist>

 

Her skull blew apart, and red blood spewed into the air as she dropped dead. Skidding back, Yun Xie growled in disgust as out of the remnants of her grey blood-stained brain, a giant carapaced squirming insect crawled out.

 

It was tendrils, pulsing with blue and green veins, with an evil archaic rune across its spiny back. As soon as it appeared, the creature lunged toward him, letting loose a gurgling ear-shattering screech.

 

*KYAErUGh!!!*

 

Yun Xie dodged its futile attempt, grimacing as it spat globs of acid, which fizzled the floorboards harmlessly.

 

Grabbing his katana from the floor, he raised it up and viciously severed the creature in half, his blade cutting down deep into the floorboards below as insect guts and innards trickled out of the carapaced insect's body, and down below.

 

Yun Xie waved his katana about for a moment, blood and other putrid liquids splattering across the ground before comically stomping on the ground.

 

(A/N: That's it for this week.)

6