Ch. 7
951 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: This is a flashback of Xyrus before he reincarnates)

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

(Xyrus PoV)

"Arrrrggghhh" "It hurts! It really hurts!"

"Please, someone! Help me!"

I could feel my vision blackening but before I died, I saw my mother crying, trying to tresspass inside while the guards was stopping her.

This time I can't help but get mad, and comfort my mother that I'll be fine, but alas, It's too late I'm already dead before I could talk to my mother for one last time.

I was just waiting to be sentenced to either heaven or hell. I admit I have sins like greed, sloth, and not going to church in sundays though I don't know if that is a sin.

When I opened my eyes, all I saw was a kaleidoscope, a multi colored space all around me.

'Fuck this is making me dizzy.' I suddenly felt dizzy by staring at all this moving art.

But before the dizziness could worsen, I suddenly saw that the kaleidoscope disappeared and was replaced by a beautiful forest and in front of me is a chair where a beautiful woman sat.

Looking at her I spoked, "Uhm, where am I?".

The woman looked at me before smiling and replied, "We're in my personal heaven.".

"Personal heaven? Is this not the real heaven in the bible?"

The woman shooked her head and said, "There is no real heaven, It's just our personal home and we just call it 'Heaven.'".

"O-oh, I see. Are you perhaps a goddess?" I started a conversation with her.

The woman looked at me again before replying, "I used to be"

"Used to be? So you're an ex-goddess?"

"Yes. But that's not real question you want to ask me right?" She saw through my keikaku.

I was actually planning on being friends with her. I mean who doesn't, having a goddess as a friend is cool and awesome and besides I'm not some horny man who lusts after every women I see, My mother taught me well.

"Well, I wanted to ask you, why am I here?" This question has been bugging me since I've been here.

"Well, do you know about reincarnations?" She asks.

"Well, yes I mean who doesn't? Everyone wants to have a second life and a second chance to either redeem their regrets or achieve the dreams they never achieved in their past life." I spoke.

Meanwhile, the goddess just stared at me before opening her mouth again, "How about you? Would you like to be reincarnated?".

Well, I actually expected that so I replied yes. She then stands up and gave me her hand.

"Well then, how about I give you that chance." She said to me, but I knew there's no free meal in this world so I asked her, "There's gotta be a catch right?".

"Of course." She smiled then continued, "I just want you to kill a certain someone.".

"K-kill?! But I'm just a normal guy! I'm not ready to kill someone." Is this woman crazy? She's asking me to kill someone? Then why me? Can't she just choose someone like a hitman? Or an assasin?

"The reason I chose you is because you know her very well." The goddess stopped after a few seconds she continued, "It's your dear friend who you had a crush on."

That's when I snapped! "You're lying! She's a kind woman who helped me and my mother during our hard times!".

"When was that?" The goddess asked me.

"W-wha-" I ask but she cut me off.

"When was that?" She repeated.

"It was 10 years ago." I answered.

"Yes, that's right, 10 years ago since you last saw her and helped you but what you didn't know was that her soul died after a few years and her body was then replaced by the soul of the most wanted man in another universe who accepted the deal to become a servant of an Outer God." She dropped a nuke on me.

"Y-you're lying!" This is a lie right?

"After that, she also sets you up by manipulating the president's daughter and all those who tried investigating the case. And have you sentenced to death, to make you feel despair" She dropped another nuke on me.

"I-if that's true then why me? It could have been somebody else, It's not just because we used to be friends right?!" I shouted, all this time?! It was because of her? Why?!

"Tell me what do outer gods represent?" She ask me.

"Destruction?"

"Yes. Anything more to add?" It seems she was not satisfied with my answer so I added another one.

"Despair." I answered.

She nodded at me and spoke, "That's right, Despair is the fuel of their growing power and the same goes to their servants."

"But that still doesn't answer my question, why me?"

"That's because he's a lunatic, he also receives the girl's memory so he poisoned the girl's parents then went after you, because the close the person is to the girl the more he gets stronger when they feel despair."  The goddess answered.

As if realization hit me, a feel of despair dreaded me and decided to ask her again, "I-is he a-also coming for my mother?" I stuttered but this time as if the whole universe dropped at my head by hearing her answer.

"Yes." She said.

No tears came out. I wanna see my mother, and if possible protect her from him, but the goddess spoke again but this time her voice was like an angel's voice to me.

"But it's still possible to save her." The goddess spoke, giving me a ray of hope.

"What do I have to do?" This time I'm determined to kill, just to save my mother. Flash of memories appeared in my head, back then my mom used to work 5 jobs just to keep me well fed and have a good education. When I was at grade school, I will always see her at the school gates ready to take me home with a motherly smile, when I was a kid whenever I did something bad she'll just scold me unlike other mothers who beat up their children for their mistakes. (Asian moms?)

But when I went to high school, I realized her happy smile was fake, I knew deep inside she's already tired. That's why I seek a job to help her. At first she tried to refuse me to work and told me to focus in my studies but a few more convincing words made her gave up refusing and just accepted.

A few years later we managed to buy our own house, I also got to experience romance by having a girlfriend but too bad she left me because she thought I was cheating on her just because I'm spending less time with her when the truth is I was just spending too much time in my studies due to upcoming graduating exams.

But It's fine for me, at least I could boast that I didn't die as a virgin.

Shaking off my sudden memory flash, I looked at the goddess and said with a determined tone, "Count me in, what do I have to do?".

"First is you need to get stronger first, so I'll send you to a supernatural world where you can get stronger and get as much experience as you can." She said.

I was confused? How am I gonna get stronger I'm just a normal human.

As if reading my thoughts, she again said, "I'll be giving you a few gifts and perks, and besides I'll send you in triassic period there so you can have millions of years of experience and enough time to get stronger."

I was confused again. If I'll stay there for millions of years then, my mother would already be dead.

As if reading my thoughts again for the second time she spoke up, "You don't need to worry, I'll stop the time in your past world so you'll have enough time to get stronger but let me tell you that you should hurry up and get stronger, though I could stop the time for as long as I want, we don't want the outer god to notice that something was wrong right?."

I nodded at her! Of course I'll hurry up, I can't wait to see my mother again but this time I'll have the strength to protect her.

"Well then, let us proceed with your powers. First of all I can't give you something that will make you strong at the start as that will destroy your foundation, so you'll start off as weak first and you'll climb up the food chain so that not only you'll get stronger by your own hands, you'll also have the necessary experience to fight beings stronger than you." To be honest I agree with her, as much as I like being strong when I get there I don't have the necessary experience to use it, it's like a noob played a max level account with legendary items but the noob doesn't know how to play the game.

"Since you'll start off as weak I'll make your powers grow along with you." The goddess said.

Suddenly I gained knowledges in my head about something called the Mystic Arts, and eldritch magic along with many kinds of magic spells I could use at the start. (No, eldritch magic from marvel doesn't originate from the H.P Lovecraft mythos.)

"Remember, what you received is just a knowledge, It won't give you benefits at the start, you'll have to work yourself out. Now let's proceed for the item that you'll have, let me tell you first that, you won't be able to use it until you've reached the strength required to use at least one percent of it." She then showed me 2 glowing stones at her palm.

"What is that?" I was confused, what can a 2 glowing stones be so strong that It required me to be strong enough just to control 1% of it.

"Don't judge a book by it's cover. It may looked like a glowing stones but the power it held is beyond what you can see hidden in the form of a stone." The goddess told me.

I nodded at her, if what she said is true then I'll have to get strong fast.

"Now that's done, It's time for you to take your second chance and experience your second life." The goddess said before waving her hand at me.

"I won't disappoint you!" I was determined, if killing my friend, no she's not my friend anymore, my friend is gone and her body was replaced by that lunatic, and I'll make sure to kill him.

Before long, I was finally gone from the 'heaven'. This is just the start of my journey.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage)

16