Ch. 45
247 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While everyone was watching the broadcast, Kuroka had just finished narrating to Yasaka about their experience in the underworld, and at the end of the story, Yasaka was already fuming in anger.

She can't believe that she didn't get the news about this incident, she's the Leader of the Youkai Faction for god's sake!

But while she is angry, at the same time, she felt grateful to Xyrus for saving the sisters from experiencing something more painful that she can't imagine what will it be.

Yasaka just massaged her temples and finally calmed down, she then looked at Kuroka and coldly said, "Thank you for telling me about what happened, I promise you that the devils won't get away with this." After that, she silently left her seat, leaving Kuroka.

Then she walked toward Xyrus and bowed her head, shocking everyone around them.

Xyrus just looked at her and raised his eyebrow, "May I help you, Yasaka-san?" He asks.

Once she raised her head, she whispered, "C-can we talk in private, Sorcerer Supreme-san?", she was quite shy when she saw everyone staring at her, now she's regretting bowing in public.

"Of course, I don't mind. Please follow me." Xyrus first looked at the screen and saw that nothing exciting was happening yet, so he agreed.

Xyrus stands and opens a portal back to his tea room, and walked inside, followed by Yasaka who was glancing around and saw nothing special in the room.

Xyrus sat on the mat and conjured 2 tea cups and a tea kettle, and poured the tea cups, and offered, "Tea?", which Yasaka accepted and also sat on the mat, opposite of Xyrus.

They both quietly drank the tea first before speaking, "So, is there any reason why you'd like to meet me in private?" Xyrus asks.

Yasaka nodded and said, "I heard from Kuroka about what happened to them, I would just like you to accept my gratitude for saving them." Yasaka bowed again while thanking him.

She then raised her head and continued, "If there is anything I could repay you, I would gladly do it."

Xyrus just calmly smiles and said, "Please don't thank me, It was just a habit of mine of taking races that are on the verge of extinction so they wouldn't permanently disappear from this world.", hearing him, Yasaka smiled at how kind he is.

Yasaka doesn't know what came over her when she boldly says, "My race is also on the verge of extinction, will you take me too?" Once she said that, silence took over the room.

While Yasaka was blushing furiously at what she just said, 'W-what happened? Why did I say that?!' She blushed more until smoke was already coming off top of her head.

Meanwhile, Xyrus just thought, 'Isn't she too fast? We have just met 5 minutes ago.' Xyrus mentally sweated and spoke, breaking the silence, "I already knew that your race is almost extinct, but I can see that you could handle yourself well, so I just let you be."

Yasaka just nodded at his words. There is also one thing she wanted to ask him but she was too shy to ask it.

Xyrus saw that Yasaka was contemplating something so he ask, "What's the matter, Yasaka-san?" Yasaka flinched when she heard him and slowly stared at him.

"Uhm, you see, I have a sister, Kunou." She stopped and looked at Xyrus who was staring at her calmly.

So she continued, "She's a little bit mature compared to kids her age, but that's not the point. The point is she's often kidnapped whenever she's traveling outside, and even with how many guards I assign to her, they always fail to protect her and I have to abandon my meetings and paperwork just to rescue her." She stopped again and saw that Xyrus was still listening to her so she continued.

"The elders suggest that I seek help from you." After speaking, she stares at Xyrus who was nodding his head.

"I see. Well, I can assign someone to protect her but you know that nothing is free from this world." Xyrus accepted.

Yasaka nodded, she's already expecting this, "Of course, I'm actually thinking of an alliance between our factions." She said and continued, "I know that it isn't enough so you could add your condition and I'll do it as long as I can."

Xyrus just continued sipping on his tea and spoke once he was done, "I think the alliance is good enough, after all, do I look like someone that needed anything from this world?", Yasaka felt like his tone was a bit sad but she just ignored it and was happy that he accepted while also agreeing on his last sentence.

After all, The Sorcerer Supreme has prestige, fame, wealth, and strength. You're either lucky or unlucky once you got his attention.

Lucky, because it's possible that he'll recruit you under his wings, while at the same time Unlucky because you might get his attention in the wrong way.

"Since we're done here, how about we go back now, Yasaka-san," Xyrus said before removing the tea set.

"Ah! Yes!" Yasaka nodded and then bowed again, "Sorry for taking too much of your time, and also thank you for listening to my selfish request."

Xyrus smiled and nodded before conjuring the same portal and left followed by Yasaka who was celebrating inside her mind.

After all, not everyone could have an alliance with the strongest faction.

Once they left the portal, they just went back to their sits and went back to watching the broadcast.

Once Xyrus got sitted, he was immediately asked by Azazel, "So, what did the two of you talk about?"

"She just suggested an alliance and I accepted." Xyrus casually said while Azazel just stared shockingly at him.

"Why did you accept her but not mine?" Azazel pouted.

Xyrus didn't bother answering him and just focused on watching the broadcast.

Meanwhile, when Azazel saw that he was ignored, he went back to his sit and grumbled silently.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage)

3