Ch. 89
175 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-30 minutes ago-

The moment Shang-Chi held the skull artifact, he was suddenly brought on a space, where nothing exists.

It is all dark, as if the sun went out, along with the moon and stars.

[Welcome, human.]

He suddenly heard a deep and creepy voice behind him. When he turned around, he still saw nothing but darkness.

"Who are you?" Getting a creepy vibe, Shang-Chi shouted at the voice.

[I am fear itself....]

Once the voice said that, Shang-Chi felt a chill on his spine.

"W-where am I?" Shang-Chi stuttered, he feel like someone is choking him to death.

[You should be thankful, as I shall possess your body!]

Once the voice said that, Shang-Chi felt an unstopabble force breaching all his defenses, trying to take control of his body.

Before Shang-Chi knew it, his vision suddenly darkened.

Outside, in the infirmary, when Akeno and Leslie saw Shang-Chi fall unconscious, they immediately carried him to the bed, and tried to wake him up.

"Chi-chan, wake up. Please don't scare me." Akeno hugged Shang-Chi and whispered.

On her side, Leslie, squinted her eyes, she felt something bad is about to happen.

When Shang-Chi opened his eyes, Akeno smiled in delight and hugged him tightly.

"Geez, I thought something happened to you, anyway, you just re-!!" Akeno was about to sigh in relief, when suddenly, Shang-Chi tried to slap her with the back of his hand.

Keyword, 'tried'. Thankfully, Akeno was fast enough to back away.

"Chi-chan? What are you doing? It's me, Akeno." Akeno tried to wake Shang-Chi up, however, Shang-Chi seemed to be possessed by someone, as his eyes were something akin to an insane man.

"[This is fascinating, though this body is quite weak, it should be fine, I could just use this as a temporary vessel.]" 'Shang-Chi' smirked and touched his muscles.

"[Atleast, he packed a punch.]" He continued.

"You're not Chi-chan! Who are you?" Akeno immediately knew that something was wrong, so with lightning dancing on her hands, she threateningly asked 'Shang-Chi'.

"[Shut it, little girl.]" 'Shang-Chi' irritatingly said and glared at Akeno, which stuns her, before summoning a bunch of undeads inside the infirmary.

"Akeno, watch out!" Leslie immediately warned Akeno and shot a bullet on one of the undead's forehead.

Akeno woke up from a trance and summoned bolts of lightnings to strike the undeads.

"Release him!" With blue lightnings colored eyes, Akeno growled at the new Shang-Chi.

Behind her, Leslie was also worried for her teammate, and was wondering where the sorcerers have been, after all, with such commotion, there should be someone who was alerted.

Unknown to her, due to the waves of undeads outside in the world, all sorcerers were dispatched to eliminate them, and protect the humans from extinction, as it is their job.

Akeno dodged some of the undeads, as 'Shang-Chi' sniffed into the air, as if it was drugs.

"[A fresh new world, and it is their chance to be conquered by me!]" 'Shang-Chi' laughed maniacally.

"Where is my Chi-chan!!" Akeno was angry, and blasted a lot of undeads with lightnings, due to her outburst.

"[The Chi-chan you knew is gone, for I have now taken over his body! I, Chain, the Lord of the Undead, shall rule this world!]" 'Shang-Chi', now known as Chain, shouted in distorted voice, as the undeads around them multiplied, making the room full of them.

"What's going on here?" When they heard the voice, both Leslie and Akeno sighed in relief, hearing a familiar voice.

While Chain turned to look at the newcomer and when he laid his eyes upon Xyrus's gloves, he could feel the power emanating from it, so he smiled creepily and said.

"[That gloves, shall be mine!]" He pointed his finger at Xyrus and all the undeads immediately change targets and swarmed Xyrus.

Green light covered Xyrus's arm, and the undeads slowly went back in reverse, while Xyrus used the space stone to lock them all inside a space that decreases in size, where it slowly crushed them.

*Crack*

Sounds of bones and flesh crushing was heard throughout the room.

Chain raised his eye brows at the precise control of time.

"[Child, give me your that thing on your hand and in return, I shall make you my right hand, and anything, Riches, Power, Women, and anything you want, shall be within your hands!]"

Xyrus seems to think for a bit, making Chain chuckle in delight.

'kekeke, humans are still the same.'

Meanwhile, Akeno and Leslie wasn't worried, they trust Xyrus that he won't make a mistake.

Finally, Xyrus was done thinking and then said, "How about no."

The previous chuckling Chain changed into an angry one.

"[Insolent Mortal! I gave you the chance, and I'll make sure you regret it!]" He then pushed his hand forward, and another waves of undeads was summoned, but this time, they were much more stronger, tougher, and definitely more than before.

Xyrus squinted his eyes and conjured an eldritch whip and tied it to one of the undeads, before thrashing it around, until nothing was left on the body.

Then, he conjured a fan-shaped tao mandalas, and sliced it to a bunch of undeads.

He could've finish them all immediately, but he decided against it, since he wanted to move his body for a while, instead of just relying on the stones to kill his enemies.

"[You should surrender now, give me the stones, and I shall spare your lif-!!]" Chain didn't managed to finished his sentence when a bullet entered his insides, damaging all his body's organs.

"Shut up." It showed Leslie, kneeling on the ground with her rifle aimed towards Chain.

"[How da-!?]" Once again, he didn't manage to finish his sentence, when a lightning bolt struck him in the chest, blowing him away.

"Bring my Chi-chan back!" Akeno then pushed her hand forward, summoning a bunch of lightning bolts, that struck whoever got in the way, be it the undead, or some furnitures, until it reached Chain, who was embedded on the wall.

Once it came in contact with him, the whole area was already destroyed.

*BOOOMMMM!!!*

If someone ever saw this, then all they'll see is a long roots of lightnings, dancing around the room, destroying everything.

Xyrus, who was finished on his side, was already standing on the side, watching Akeno release her full potential.

"Looks like there will a new God of Lightning, a Goddess one at that." Xyrus muttered, though he could still sense that Chain was still alive and breathing, looks like he's a tough one.

"[Keke *Cough* *Cough* Kekeke, aren't you worried about your lover's body? After all, if you kill me he also dies.]" Hearing him, Akeno seemed to realize this and stopped.

"Don't worry Akeno, I'll handle him." When she heard Xyrus's words, it was as if a huge burden was lifted off of her, so she relaxed.

"Sensei...." She sighed in relief.

'I just checked his soul, it wasn't affected in any way, which means it is only his mind that is possessed and controlling Shang-Chi's body, the mind stone should be enough to dispel him.' Earlier, Xyrus checked Shang-Chi's soul and saw no corruption or something, though he could sense that he is struggling to take back control over his own body.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage)

4