Chapter 7: Her Illness
1k 10 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
What would you rather want to experience?
  • Transmigrated to a body of a used and unloved girl? (It's your fiance who's using you) Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Reborn as a maid & childhood friend of your unrequited first love? (He abandoned you in past life) Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Meet a System that wanted you to remember your sad pastlife?(by worldhop granting souls last wishes) Votes: 24 22.4%
  • Become an Immortal who will have an eternal life?(but will always be alone in pain & will never die) Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Reincarnated to a body who is destined to be a Villain/ess and will have a tragic end? (& is dying!) Votes: 9 8.4%
  • No thanks... I'd rather have my soul obliterated! (Will never even exist in this world!) Votes: 28 26.2%
Total voters: 107

R:VCP | Chapter 7: Her Illness

"Sigh... It's morning again..." After Luna woke up from her sleep.

She immediately start brushing her teeth, washed her face, and comb her hair.

Looking at the mirror that reflects her, she touch her reflection, then her own indifferent, emotionless face...

Then tried to lift her lips and tried to make a smile.

But, instead on the mirror, it shows a girl with a lonely and sad smile...

Trying to hide her pain. Then suddenly her phone rang.

[Reminder: Meet Dr. Sian. ]

Holding her phone, looking at the screen for a second in a daze.

She sighed.

"So, it's this time of the month again huh... " She muttered

She then indifferently put her phone in her bag and went out of her room.

She greeted her parents with a cheerful practiced smile and gave them a kiss.

"Morning! Mom... Dad..." She then sat on the chair for breakfast.

"Morning Luna sweetheart... So how's first day of School?" Her mom asked putting the pancakes on the table.

"Yeah, how was it? Was it good? Or was it... Veeeeery good?" Her dad joked.

Which in return her mom just shakes her head embarrassed by his husband's lame joke.

Luna on the other hand just somehow smiled more naturally now, and somehow giggles.

"Mom, Dad... It was fine. " She says naturally. "You know, it actually... It actually went great, great than I expected, you know~~" She said gleefully.

Still her eyes somehow went down. And she continued eating her breakfast.

After eating, she said her goodbyes to her parents and went to her Limo. Her chauffeur open the door and she went in, and went to school.

At School A Little Later

'Kringggg~~~~ ' The Bell rang which means the class would be starting soon.

One more bell, students who'll arrive by then will be already considered late.

"The class is almost starting! Why isn't Luna here yet.? " Dahlia asked with a worried, stressed and agitated expression.

"Calm down Dahlia... Maybe, maybe she's just... Just... running late?..." Ivy muttered even herself unsure and unbelieving to what she just said herself.

"Both of you just calm down... She'll be here, she will... So don't worry." Camille said with assurance and also worry.

It was even a rare sight not seeing her bringing her laptop with her.

If you're asking where they are right now?. The Villainesses are outside their classroom this moment. Waiting for Luna to arrive since early in the morning.

As soon as they arrive at school, they immediately went to class and look inside if Luna was already there.

But to their surprise she wasn't there.

They went pass to their respective Capture Targets, and even ignored them.

Only Ivy bowed silently in greetings to his master, Liam. Then Immediately went away with Dahlia and Camille.

The Capture Targets on the other hand was shocked, because the girls who once they knew who always clung to them. Just now ignored them.

They watched them walk out of the classroom.

Out of the classroom, while waiting... Dahlia, Camille and Ivy who was waiting for Luna, saw Belle who was running towards their way.

Panting she says. "Hah.. hah. I'm not late yet right?" She asked them sweating and out of breath.

"No, not yet..." Camille answered.

"Thank goodness..." She smiled and then asked. "Is Luna here yet?" She asked worried, remembering what happened yesterday.

The three went silent, and sighed. Ivy answered for them. "No, not yet..."

Belle also then decided to wait for Luna with them.

When the last bell rang, they didn't have a choice but to enter the classroom, and silently went to their respective desk with a depressed ambiance surrounding them and then sat down without greeting anyone.

Even, the Capture Targets themselves was not an exception.

Then the class, started and Mr. Demeter started doing the roll call.

One after another was called. When everyone was called. Mr. Demeter close his records, when suddenly Dahlia raised her hand.

"Mr. Demeter? Why wasn't Ms. Luna called?" She asked worriedly and confused. In her mind thoughts were swirling. But her face didn't show her real feelings but her voice on the other hand showed.

'Oh no!! Don't tell me she transferred school!? No. No. No.no.noooo... no way!! If that's true then--' while still over-thinking things.'

Mr. Demeter looked at her for a moment. Then said "Ms. Smith asked to be excused for today, and if you're all asking why..'

Looking at the other students, who was also listening in. He continued. "I don't know... But, Mr. Jacob's grandfather, the principal has already agreed on it, and just informed me that."

After saying that. He took his book and ordered the students to look at the pages on the book...

While the lesson was going, our Villainesses and the Heroine was still thinking, what is the reason Luna excused herself today. Asking themselves.

'Did something happen?'

The Capture Targets on the other hand, was also thinking, and started feeling guilty? Maybe...

Thinking that maybe it was somehow their fault...

They somehow look at their respective partners.

Liam looked at his side to look at Ivy, all he saw was Ivy staring at her books without doing anything, it was as if any moment she'll disappear.

And he didn't know why, but at that moment he felt scared. Scared that he'll lose her.

She was the only one who was there for him, when he needed someone. She, Ivy was the only one who truly understands him, and more importantly supports and believes in him.

Now, seeing her like this somehow made him realized that he doesn't want to lose her... And he doesn't know why this thought suddenly appeared in his mind.

Damon, also looked at Dahlia. He saw her looks exhausted and stress. Writing, and doodling on her books absentmindedly. It was a surprise for him to see her like this.

He was then surprised more when, suddenly a single tear fell from her once haughty eyes... And she, didn't even notice.

The girl, he once knew the one who's proud and spoiled. Who is also selfish...

Actually looks so fragile and sensitive right now. It made him somehow uncomfortable in his heart. That made him look away.

Spade on the other hand. Tilt his head a little to look at Camille, supposedly Camille should be playing with his techno laptop, but instead right now, she was in daze looking at her own hands.

Face drain from any emotions, full of indifference. It was as if she lost her shine, her once cheerful innocent smiles, and bright eyes... Were now dull.

She was like an unmoving doll, devoid from any emotions. It made Spade's heart ache. Which he didn't even know why...

Jacob, on the other hand... Look at Luna's desk. Somehow thinking things like,

'What is she planning?'

'Do grandpa knows?'

'Where did she go then?'

After thinking that much he somehow look at his back, looking at Belle. She saw her writing on her books.

She was diligently writing things, but when you looked intently. You can see...

That she has something on her mind. Her eyes also was filled with scrambled emotions...
Sadness, worry, guilt, pain, and more that word can't be described.

Jacob frowned a little, and ask no one in particular, with a voice that he only can hear asked.

'Luna... what are you really planning...? What are you really planning...'

Looking and feeling his surrounding... Alistair, our this 'someone' was also curious to where and what happened to Luna, and the reason why wasn't she here today.

Especially when he witnessed what happened yesterday. He asked himself...

'Does this really something to do with what happen yesterday?' thinking about it he looked at them... The Capture Targets... Jacob, Damon, Liam, Spade, the Villainesses... Dahlia, Camille, Ivy and the Heroine... Belle.

'Ms. Luna... You should really come to school tomorrow... Especially if you don't want your friends to ignore...'

Then he secretly smiled and continued. "The guys here..."

The guys he meant... Was no other than, Liam, Damon, Spade, and Jacob. Who was being ignored by Ivy, Dahlia, Camille and Belle.

( WhiteSunflowerS2: Well good luck Capture Targets!! Try your best not to be ignored ( ̄▽ ̄) )

Meanwhile, our MC, Luna... Finally arrived.

She walked to the white building in front of her. If you look pass her, you won't see her Limo anymore. It's because she was able to ditch them off.

She arrived in front of the gates of the school and when she went out of his Limo, she told them that she will be late later so it's best not to pick her up. The driver bowed and then went off.

After the Limo, was gone... Luna immediately ran towards the crossing, and hailed a cab.

"Taxi~~" And she went to that place.

Entering inside, she was already wearing her civilian clothes, when did she changed? Just after she arrived, she went out for awhile and change clothes, and also wears a sanitary mask.

Walking towards the VIP Section of the Hall of the place... She found herself in front of an office door. That has the sign...

[Dr. Sian Xu]

She grabbed the knob, and opened the door. Once she opened the door and elderly man in his 40's was writing prescriptions, when he heard the door opened.

Not raising his head he asked "Yes?" And glanced a little, to the person who entered. He then just noticed that it was actually Luna.

He then stood up and greeted her warmly. "Ahhh~~ Ms. Luna... You're here." He said.

"Hmm.." made a sound of agreement and took off her mask, and continued "yup. I'm here again~ " she helplessly smiled.

After hearing her say that, Mr. Sian, then somehow remembered something and bitterly smiled and looked at her. "So... It's this time of the month again huh?" He said. Sad for this girl...

Luna smiled and joked. "Aren't you my doctor Mr. Sian? Aren't you supposed to be the one knowing about this?" She teased the elderly man with a matching teasing smile.

The old doctor laughed bitterly. "Aiyahh~ I must really getting really old then... " He joked back at her. That made Luna laughed.

Then with idle chat for a moment, then the doctor asked. "Still not telling your family? " That question made Luna silent for a moment, then said.

"Nope. Never... " With an empty smile on her lips.

The Doctor sighed and said. "Ohh... Ok. But, that does it mean... You're doing it alone again?" The Doctor asked looking at her bitterly, and sad for her at the same time. Thinking...

'How can this girl needs to suffer so much? *Sigh* If that day, if that day only didn't happen...

Would she be here by then? Maybe... But, that will also mean that, she will never know about it, never know about her illness.

And if somehow then she wasn't their that time and we didn't accidentally discovered it, discovered her illness. When the time comes it will be already to late by then.'

Thinking so much about this. The doctor couldn't help but really pity Luna, for her fate.

He sighed again after watching the girl doing the usual routine and readying herself. "Alright, let's get ready and properly examine you... So we can start the therapy then."

Luna nods in agreement and walked on the next door leading to the place she was already used in seeing for years already...

She readied herself, and relaxed herself on the bed. Dr. Sian came and was holding kinds of Medical equipments and asked.

"You really sure, you don't need your parents here?" He looked at her and tried to ask and persuade her again.

But all she answer was a shake from her head. "No... They rather not know..." She said and continued in her mind. 'I don't want to burden them any longer' She looked down, and shown a painful smile.

"So... Doc, Sian. Let's start okay~~? " She then raised her head and started acting cheerfully again. Doctor Sian, could only sigh and pity this girl in his heart.

Then he said... "Okay..."

There inside the white room, a girl who had a pale skin become more paler... The one clear and bright eyes a moment ago, was now full of pain and tears... The small laughs and giggles a moment ago was changed into a cry and contained screams.

The gleeful girl which moment ago who was so cheerful and full of energy, was now inside the white room, endless equipments and wirings, and needles was attached to her body.

On her back a big needle which was attached on the machine was also attached to her back on her spine... to her bone marrow. It was as if it was sucking her blood.

The girl in the bed right now, was a girl. Who was biting her lips and clutching the sheets, enduring the pain... Her eyes are full of tears that keeps dripping and her voice was hoarse from her contained screams.

Every suppressed scream she took and pain she felt, it made her bite her lips and clench her hands so much... And a moment and moment the same thing repeating and her eyes loss her shine...

Only left was a dull eyes of a girl who was full of pain and sad tears. She tried not to scream but, her painful silent screams for help was all over the place.

"Stop... Please--"

"Mother!!! Father!! It hurts----"

"Please stop!! I don't want it anymore!!--"

"Please-- Doc!! Stop!! Please doc...."

"I beg you... Please...."

"Someone please---... Help me..."

"Just... Let me--- die already... Please...."

"Let it stop...... I beg you... AHHH!!!!!..."

Her voice was so hoarse, she was crying so much, begging for the pain to stop already. Dr. Sian was so hurt to see her like this. But, he can't do anything but continue.

Especially, she once told him too that no matter what happens to never listen to her pleas when the therapy will start. No matter how she begs for him to stop.

The tube was full of her blood in it, circulating inside the machine then goes back entering Luna's body...

Yes, what she's experiencing right now is a person who is experiencing the suffering and pain of taking a chemotherapy.

Luna is taking this therapy so in this way... Somehow, just somehow it might give her a little hope, that maybe, somehow...

There's still a chance, chance to still have a life she can look forward to, ahead of her.

A life where she can be free...

A life where she can be who she really is...

A life where she can be Luna Sakura Smith, a girl who wants to live...

And not...

Luna Sakura Smith...

The [Main Villainess].

•Chapter 7 Ends•

----------------

[Note About Luna's Illness]

Luna's Illness is really leukemia. But because this is also a fantasy novel~ not everything is the same.

And her Illness isn't a normal one too~

Spoiler!

Someone powerful from up above from her past, is/are trying to make her life miserable.
Not only in this life but also her other lifetime.

And every therapy and treatment she works on to cure her Illness it will just backfire. Because this isn't a normal sickness.

She is destined to die.

That is what that 'person' plan from the very start.

-------------------

Please
Do
Vote~
S2

23