What If: Ephemeral Dream 1
135 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the depths of the anti-wizard forest, inside the temple, a huge pillar of light rose up to reach the clouds, dyeing the sky the same color as if it were a second sun, until after several seconds the light disappeared, leaving behind small golden remnants that lasted a little longer.

In the central part of the temple, inside a massive conical excavation, 2 figures stood looking one on the ground, these were Jean Faure and Lucy Heartfilia, who after a fight that had put their lives at risk multiple times, had managed to corner Eclinox Etherias thanks to a plan by the blonde.

Jean had used his most powerful technique to stop Eclinox for a while and damage her barrier enough for Lucy to gather a huge amount of magical power, which together with what Jean kept in his necklace and the last of his touki was able to break Eclinox's barrier and allow them to deal a killing blow.

If either of them had faltered for even a second they would both have lost, if Jean didn't damage the barrier enough or allow Eclinox to notice Lucy and interrupt her, or if the blonde couldn't muster enough energy or lost control of herself, the fate of both could have been one worse than death.

But in the end, both of them had given their all and prevailed, but even if this was so, they both found themselves quite nervous at this moment, but why was this so? Because on his apparent deathbed, the demon decided to give information that was both important and alarming.

"Everything was... to get back to him, to get back to Zeref". The demon said, making a shiver run down the spine of those who had defeated him.

"Z-Zeref?" So much so that Lucy couldn't help but take a step back as she stammered out the name of the greatest dark wizard in history.

"That's right, Lord Zeref was the one who created us; everything I did, everything the etherias do is to fulfill the will of our creator". The demon said with a slightly lower tone of voice.

"Us? Are there... more like you?" Jean asked with an expression between nervous and serious, his mind trying to imagine the dangerous implications of the demon's words, so distracted was he that almost automatically and unconsciously his feet moved slowly with the intention of bringing him closer to the demon when he noticed that his voice was getting lower, if his fears turned out to be true he needed to hear every word the demon would say.

When Lucy noticed Jean's intentions, a bad feeling invaded her, she didn't know why, but Eclinox's whole attitude didn't fit in the slightest, he seemed too calm, and that was making her more and more nervous, a voice in the back of her mind kept telling her that she had to stop Jean from getting any closer to the demon, so she took a couple of steps as fast as she could even as every muscle in her body wept from the effort.

Jean, for his part, was about to take a step when something grabbed his hand stopping him suddenly, and when he turned his head, Lucy's eyes revealed the multitude of emotions that were going through her, she seemed scared, she seemed nervous, she seemed exhausted, and in the center of it all there was a silent message that was transmitted to him clearly.

'Don't go, don't walk away'

This was enough to bring his attention completely back to the current situation, what had he been thinking about? He would have time to think about the possible threats of the future later, the most important thing at this moment was to make sure that both he and Lucy left this place safely and without further injury if possible.

So his hand closed around Lucy's, giving her a very light squeeze as he nodded to let her know that he was okay and wouldn't let go.

The whole scene lasted just a couple of seconds, during which time Eclinox turned his neck slowly and with a clear effort to look directly into the eyes of the humans.

"It doesn't matter if there's one or a hundred of us, they won't be able to prevent Lord Zeref's dream from coming true, because…" He said as his chest began to emit a glow that quickly increased in intensity. "Both of you will die here!" He said as the light peaked and the temperature rose alarmingly, a second later a huge explosion reduced the entire place to ashes.

#####

"Argh!"

"Offff!"

Outside the anti-wizard forest, two figures fell, Lucy's back hitting the ground first as Jean fell on top of her.

Feeling the extra weight on her, Lucy lowered her gaze a little and saw that Jean's face was buried between her breasts.

At that moment, she forgot that they had just been saved from death, that there were most likely more demons out there that were as dangerous as Eclinox, and that they had all been created by the most terrible dark wizard of all.

The blush spread all over her face, and Jean's try to talk only made it worse.

"Humobud". He made a muffled sound once more before raising his face a bit, managing to breathe once more. "Ahhh, God, I almost drowned." He said taking deep breaths before noticing the position he was in.

"…."

"…."

"…."

"At this point, this doesn't even surprise me anymore". Jean said after a few seconds of silence looking at Lucy's flushed face.

"S-stop rambling and get off me". She said clearly embarrassed.

"Believe me, I can't even move a finger anymore, just keeping my head up a bit is hard, I used everything I had left with that last teleport, it was lucky that I started preparing it after you held my hand". He said relieved.

"Th-that has to be a lie". She complained when Jean relaxed his neck a little, tilting his head a little and resting it a little more on Lucy's breasts.

"Well, I can try". Jean said tiredly, trying to move his head and roll off her, which ended with him rubbing his face more against his friend's breasts.

"S-stop doing that, j-just stay where you are". She said as her embarrassment didn't stop growing.

The boy, for his part, also gave up, and to prevent his face from sinking again between Lucy's breasts, preventing him from breathing and literally causing him death by boobs, Jean turned his head, letting his cheek and the left side of his head use his childhood friend's breasts as a pillow.

'I'm not going to lie, this is more comfortable than all those manga and LN implied, but if I say something like that I really feel like I'm going to be in mortal danger'. Jean thought. 'Ah, who cares, I just dodged death again, so I'm very happy, let's take a little risk, just for the yolos'

"Hey Lucy, I think I'm going to pass out, but I really have to ask". Jean said with the most serious tone that he could.

This made Lucy swallow unconsciously as she mentally wondered 'What now?'

"Amy and Lili have never caused you back pain?" He said with a teasing tone.

Lucy's eyes went blank as the question echoed in her mind. 'Amy and Lili have never caused you back pain? Back pain, back pain'

And as a fury from hell itself was about to be unleashed on the defenseless Jean, a pair of hands held him under his arms, lifting him up and away from both his tormentor and his pillow.

"Hey, thanks Capricorn, I think you saved my life". Jean said when his vision began to blur. "Although...I wouldn't have minded...if you did...after I...passed out". He finished saying when he finally gave in and fell completely unconscious.

#####

"Hmm". Jean groaned, subconsciously trying to move her hands to rub her eyes, but the moment his limbs moved, the stinging pain shot through his nerves making him hiss.

Raising his head and slightly moving the green sheet that covered him, Jean saw how both his arms and his torso were bandaged, and if he concentrated, he could even feel a tight bandage on his forehead in addition to the pair of gauze patches on his cheeks.

But what caught his attention the most was noticing that his left hand was inside a small container full of water.

"Well this sucks, I think it will take me at least a couple of days to recover". He groaned before looking around, noticing that he was inside a sizable tent, and a little more than a meter to his right he saw Lucy lying on some blankets that served as a makeshift mattress while a sheet covered her from the neck down.

For a moment, he considered calling her, but in the end, he didn't, she needed and had earned a long rest just as much as he did, and when he turned his gaze upwards, preparing to count sheep and try to go back to sleep two figures entered the tent.

"Hey, Capricorn, Virgo". Jean greeted the two spirits, and they nodded in response before moving closer and speaking in a low tone so as not to risk waking Lucy.

"Jean-sama, it seems like you regained consciousness sooner than we thought". Said Capricorn.

"Oh really? How long has it been?"

"You were unconscious for a little over an hour". Virgo replied.

"The moment you fainted, Virgo-sama felt that various presences were approaching us from inside the forest, so we took Lucy-sama, who also fainted, and we withdrew at full speed, they didn't follow us, but still we got as far away as we could for 45 minutes before stopping to properly tend to your injuries and let you two rest a bit"

"I see, thanks to both of you, you really saved both of us back there". Jean replied, now that they were at a considerable distance from the forest and were not in danger, he could be much calmer.

"No, we thank you, Jean-sama". Capricorn said before he leaned in a perfect 90 degrees, and Virgo took the ends of her skirt straightening them a bit and also curtsying.

"You not only bravely faced the demon Eclinox, but you complied with my selfish request to the point of being willing to stay behind to give Lucy-sama a chance to run away"

"Besides, you also saved me from the energy attack". Virgo added before they both raised their heads again.

"You don't need to do any of that, Virgo, you are now one of Lucy's spirits and friends, and at least it seems to me they have connected quite well, so like the other spirits, you have my full support for whatever you need; and Capricorn, remember what I told you the day before I entered the forest, Lucy is one of the most important people to me, so, of course, I would do everything in my power to keep her safe". Jean answered sincerely before speaking with a slightly embarrassed tone. "Although it seems that she did not take well with my attempt to play a shonen protagonist, telling her that I would stay while she escaped". He said jokingly.

"Yes, about that, I would have asked you to please never do it again, but I think Lucy-sama's words were a clear enough wake-up call"

"Yes, don't worry, no matter how hard-headed I am, she made sure that I got the message, plus it's thanks to you two and her that I was able to survive that fight, it's no exaggeration to say that I owe her my life, so I'll properly thank her when she wakes up"

"I'm glad to hear it, and although we would like to stay to take care of you a little longer, we will have to return to the spirit world shortly". Capricorn admitted.

"What?"

"It was not the princess who summoned us, we came of our own free will, among her golden spirits, we are the ones who could get you away from the forest the fastest and treat your wounds, but we did not emerge unscathed from the fight against Eclinox, especially Capricorn, and as my contract is still quite recent, it is more difficult and energy costly for me to force the bond to stay in the human world". Virgo explained.

"I see, don't worry, although I'm pretty far from being in good condition, I think I'm well enough to leave various traps and alarms around the camp so that Lucy and I will be safe until we recover a bit more". Jean replied before getting up slowly because his body was still tense and various parts ached.

"OK let's go". He said before walking out of the tent followed by Capricorn and Virgo.

Although the spirit dressed as a maid stopped for a few seconds and turned to look at Lucy's face, which contracted a little and did her best to appear calm, but her slightly parted eyelids and small blush betrayed her intent to deceive, which amused Virgo, who waved his hand as if to say goodbye before left the tent.

#####

She had seen her, Lucy was sure that Virgo had noticed that she was awake, and she had not the slightest doubt that she would tell Aquarius when she returned to the spirit world, and that the next time she summoned any of them, they weren't going to pass up the opportunity to mock her for this.

"And it's all that fool's fault!" She said sheepishly after taking her pillow and pressing it against her face to muffle her voice.

"Lucy is one of the most important people to me."She imitated Jean's voice in a parodic way before burying the pillow over her face again.

"AAAAAHHHH!" She screamed, kicking her feet up and down. "How he can say a smooth line like that without hesitation! It's the same as that night before we got to the forest when he gave me a massage! The worst thing is that I am sure that he is not even trying to be smooth". She said before removing the pillow from her face, showing a frustrated face accompanied by a pout and a red tint to her cheeks.

"What should I do now?" She asked no one in particular as her less injured arm covered her eyes and part of her forehead.

She finally sighed in defeat, putting her pillow back under her head and preparing to sleep some more. "No matter what I decide, the first thing I must do is rest and recover"

#####

10 days later

"We are finally back". Lucy said after she and Jean passed through the entrance of Rublan Town.

After Capricorn and Virgo left them and they both talked, they decided to take their return trip easy, because of this they ended up taking a couple of days longer than when they left for the anti-wizard forest.

But thanks to this, both of them had enough time for their wounds to heal.

For 3 days Jean had to spend several hours in a pool of water for his blessing to return his body to an optimal state, where the only evidence of the great fight in which she had participated were the scars on his arms.

While Lucy, even though she was the one who received far fewer injuries than Jean, she still had a bandage that covered her right arm up to her elbow.

"Yeah, even though camping in the wild doesn't really bother me, I'm still more comfortable in civilization, but the sun is already setting, so I think we should split what we have to do, I'll go buy the train tickets while you go to the place where we stayed last time to get a couple of rooms so we can rest, the price doesn't matter much, just make sure they are comfortable rooms, maybe we'll get over the physical exhaustion, but a couple of comforts like a hot shower and a soft bed could do wonders to ease mental tension". Jean said, giving Lucy a good amount of jewels.

"Ok, so I'll see you there". She answered as they both separated.

But, unknown to Lucy, as Jean walked, he began to mutter with a happy face while he had a small blush on his face. "Haha, rest? That's for the weak who don't have accelerated healing, I'll take advantage of the fact that now we'll be in separate rooms, and I'll pay a fun visit to the red light district, I have no idea why, but since we left the forest this feeling of heat has been increasing little by little and I don't think I can bear it much longer". He finished saying before picking up his pace with slight hops in his walk.

Although Jean did not know it, the strange heat was due to the extreme situation to which his body had been brought, because, although many deny it, no matter how intelligent the human race is, each member of it is still an animal, more intelligent and with the incredible capacity for reason and morality, but an animal in the end.

And like the other animals, humanity still has within itself all the instincts that in ancient times governed its actions, instincts such as survival through procreation.

Jean had already faced enemies that were a dangerous threat to his life before, such as Jack or Zoldeo, but the fact was that he had faced them both when his body was not yet mature enough for this instinct to affect him.

In addition to the fact that neither the mad murderer nor the body snatcher came close to the danger that the demon had posed to Jean, on multiple occasions Eclinox was on the verge of claiming Jean's life, so after surviving such a dangerous experience, Jean's body was flooded by these instincts, and to this was added that Jean was a completely healthy 18-year-old, so he was on the cusp of his youth, being forced by his hormones to notice the attractiveness of the female sex more than ever.

So at this moment, the idea of visiting the red light district seemed extremely attractive to him.

So after arriving at the train station and buying a couple of tickets for him and Lucy to leave for the capital in a couple of days in the afternoon, he walked with the same joy to the hotel where he would stay with the expectation that in a few hours, a pretty girl would help him calm down this overwhelming feeling.

#####

'Why does fate have to screw me like this? Are you seeing this inhabitant of higher dimensions?! Do you think this is funny?!' Jean thought when he entered his room, there he saw Lucy sitting on one of the two beds that this room had.

From what Lucy had told him, apparently, a considerable part of the rooms in this hotel had already been reserved, so the only single rooms left were the cheapest and smallest, while in the range of the most expensive, only the matrimonial and this double room were available.

And since Lucy was already tired from all the walking, she decided to save herself the trouble of looking elsewhere by paying for the room where they were now.

"Hey, Jean". And hearing the voice of her friend, Jean was taken from her thoughts.

"Um? Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts, what did you say?"

"I was asking if you were going to have something to eat, I'm a little hungry so we could order everything in one order". She said.

Jean thought about this for a moment before making up his mind. "Sure, I feel like eating some pasta and also meat". Jean answered, thinking of ordering 2 or 3 plates of food, after all, although he didn't reach the level of gluttony as shonen characters like a certain saiyan or pirate king wannabe, he still ate more than most people due to his daily arduous training regimen and even more so now that he could completely relax.

"Perfect, I also want pasta, can you ask for everything?"

"And why don't YOU go to the reception to ask for it?" Jean asked, after all, he wanted to take a shower with ice water to help lessen the heat he felt.

"We've been walking for too long, I want to take a long shower". She answered.

"Well, there are already two of us who want that". Jean replied flatly.

"Yes, but the difference is that I don't have any healing factors so I'm obviously more fatigued than you"

"I'll tell you what we'll do, you can use the biggest bathroom and take the time you need". Jean said as he gestured over his shoulder to the main bathroom. "Whereas I'll go to the front desk to order our food, then come back and take the smaller bathroom, be there for 30 minutes max, and then go out to pick up dinner, what do you think?" He suggested.

Lucy thought about this proposal for a couple of seconds before nodding and accepting. "Okay, I think that's a good idea"

With the blonde's acceptance, Jean left the room towards the reception, it was lucky that they told him that all their food would be ready in 40 minutes, so he would have enough time to take his bath and change quietly before going downstairs for the dishes.

And once the cold water managed to calm him down enough for him to be fine until Lucy fell asleep and he could run away, he changed into a new change of clothes and took a minute to look around the room.

The truth was that it was quite nice and a little more luxurious than necessary, although he was still less luxurious than the room where he slept the last time he was in this hotel.

But that did not take away from the fact that it was still a good room, a main bathroom and a secondary bathroom, a medium-sized room, a set of furniture that looked comfortable, a table where 4 people could sit to eat, a small balcony that allowed you to see the rest of the city, and in the "bedroom" the floor was covered by a soft and fluffy gray carpet.

The two beds were big enough for someone to stretch out, however, they wanted without the danger of falling, which Jean was grateful for, because, even though he almost always lay on his side in the fetal position, when he slept soundly, which happened frequently, he'd end up stretching out enough that one of his hands or feet would dangle off the bed without being covered by the sheets, which was bad for Jean because it was common knowledge that monsters under the bed could reach your hands or feet if you didn't cover them.

Certainly, it was a fancier room than Jean would use, but who cares, this was to celebrate his survival so he wouldn't be stingy.

And with that last thought, he left the room a second time to look for dinner.

#####

Pushing the food cart, I stopped in front of my bedroom door before knocking a couple of times and waited ten seconds where there was no response before knocking again, but once again, no voice gave me permission to enter, asked me to wait, or denied me entry, so I did the sensible thing, one of my hands went to the doorknob to turn it while the other covered my eyes.

"Hey Lucy, I'm coming in blindfolded, so if by some strange cosmic coincidence, you're naked don't scream, cover up and go change in the bathroom, or at least tell me something to make me wait, we can't overdo the gag where I see you naked and you hit me or readers will stop finding it funny and think it's just lazy writing". I said, but there was no response, however just to be completely sure I waited 5 seconds before removing my hand from my eyes.

And to my great satisfaction, there was no naked girl in sight, in this situation the last thing I needed was a cliché situation involving the syndrome of attraction to perverted accidents that Lucy seemed to have, because if it happened now, I was sure I would need to take another cold bath to calm down.

But now that everything was fine, I turned around, taking the cart and putting it into the room, closing the door, and approaching the table to put the dishes.

For me, a plate of alfredo pasta with prawns, one with a medium rare steak with rice fries and steamed vegetables, and a bowl of fried rice.

For Lucy, only a plate of Alfredo pasta because she didn't seem too hungry, and even if she was, the plates of food were bigger than last time.

And to drink two large pitchers of lemonade with just a little alcohol.

I should really rush in my project to recreate some of the sodas from my previous life, the closest thing here was a drink called Blauster, and the thing was an aberration that I did not understand how it still had enough sales to maintain the production of the product.

Once the table was ready, I went to the bathroom and knocked on the door a few times until a voice spoke from the other side. "What's going on?"

"Dinner has arrived, hurry up or it will get cold"

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute". She answered before I heard movement inside, so I went back to the table and served the lemonades before leaving the cart in the corner of the room ready for the hotel staff to take it away along with the plates when we finish eating.

"That smells pretty good". Lucy said, sniffing the air when she came out of the bathroom, she was wearing a large white robe, and with a towel, she dried her hair which still seemed to be somewhat wet.

"Yes, they told me that a week ago they changed chefs and, to be honest, I think this one is much better than the previous one"

"If this tastes as good as it smells then I'll agree". She answered as she folded the towel a few times and tossed it back into the bathroom, probably into a laundry basket.

"Well, let's get started then". I said, starting with the pasta while Lucy decided to take a sip from her glass of lemonade.

"This is quite tasty, does it have a little alcohol in it?"

"Yes, it was a recommendation, and although I wasn't sure at first, the free sample they gave me convinced me". I explained after swallowing the food in my mouth and drinking some of the lemonade.

The rest of the dinner passed in relative calm, it turned out that Lucy was a little more hungry than I thought, so I had to cut a third of my steak to give it to her, but after about 30 minutes we were both completely satisfied while one of the employees was taking away the cart with the empty plates and pitchers, the only thing left was two full glasses of the lemonade.

"This is nice". Lucy said with a happy face, and her eyes closed as she leaned back in her seat.

"You are drunk? Do not go to sleep there, first go to your bed and make sure you cover yourself well, remember that you bathed with hot water, you could get sick if you receive too much cold air"

"I'm not going to catch a cold, plus I'm just a little drunk, you were the one who drank the most, and I still don't want to go to sleep". She said, getting up from her seat. "I want us to talk about something really important, after that, I'll go to sleep". She explain to me, and I could tell that she certainly wasn't drunk, she never lost her balance and could still speak fluently.

"Ah, it's about to start, come on, let's sit on the balcony". She said after seeing a clock on the wall.

"What's going to start?" I asked before she took my hand and dragged me to the balcony.

"Come on, sit down, it's about to start". She said as she pointed to one of the two seats.

"What about women and their vague answers to specific questions?" I murmured in a flat tone before taking a sip from my lemonade when from one moment to the next the starry sky lit up with the light of several fireworks.

"Wow, it's prettier than I thought". Lucy said with a smile as she watched the light show.

"Did you know about this?" I asked a bit surprised. "This is a celebration for something?"

"Yes, the owner at the reception told me that today was the anniversary of the founding of the town"

"I see, it's really a nice sight". I said while I could hear cheers from the people in the streets, and songs playing in the distance, it seemed that the whole town was happy, and somehow this made me think once again about Eclinox's words.

The threat of demons that could probably be at least stronger than Eclinox in his first form, and on top of that, apparently everyone was working to fulfill "Zeref's wish", whatever that was.

Thinking about all this somehow made me let out a very small wry laugh, it seemed like I had really been sent to a world at a time where important events could start happening at any moment.

But even if what was to come in the future would be challenging and dangerous, I decided to enjoy this moment, after all, even though I was strong, even the strongest need to rest from time to time, so I would do that so that when problems come, I can give 110% of myself to overcome them all.

#####

She had taken her time as she showered, she had breathed deeply as the questions she wanted to ask Jean tonight replayed in her head, she wanted to know what he planned to do next.

On their way back, they talked a bit, and she managed to convince Jean to accompany her to Magnolia, which was where the Fairy Tail wizard guild was, but beyond that point, she had no idea what Jean's plans were.

If she managed to make it into the guild, she really wanted him to stay with her, wouldn't that be fun? They could do missions together, and she knew that they had good teamwork, both them and him with her spirits, so surely there would be no mission that they couldn't overcome if they worked together.

And even if he had the desire to travel, he could always look for quests in peculiar places where there were problems to solve, after all, Fairy Tail was a guild whose fame had spread beyond the borders of Fiore, so she had no doubt that the jobs would come even from other realms.

But…

Was doing that the right thing to do?

As the fireworks began to explode and light up the night sky these thoughts returned to her mind.

Jean had his own dreams and aspirations, some of which he had worked harder for than anyone else she knew, so, was it right that she wanted to force her desires on him when they might be hindering the ones he already had?

The two things that Lucy hated most in this life were loneliness and saying goodbye to those who were important to her.

Since her mother had begun her long sleep, little by little, she felt the feeling of home dissipating from her house with each passing day, until in the end, the only family she had left, her father, who, although strict, in the past treated her with affection, now he hardly even remembered the date of her birthday.

She didn't want to be selfish, she knew her father was also suffering from the condition her mother was in, but even if it was, it hurt her a lot, and the situation ended up driving them away to the point that now they almost seemed like strangers.

That was why she appreciated Claire and Jean so much, and although it wasn't the main reason, it was also one of the reasons why she decided to follow Jean.

And now that he could leave once more, what should she do?

She wanted him to stay by her side because she didn't want to feel alone again?

Because she was worried that he was going to some other dangerous place?

Or that he wanted to look for the other demons that Eclinox had mentioned?

Or was it for another reason?

Turning to look at him as if this was going to give her an answer, she noticed it.

One part of his mind was admiring the spectacle while another was lost in his thought, and she could see it all, the joy and ease at first, followed by seriousness and concern, then acceptance, resolution, and indomitable will would fill his eyes, impregnating them with that brightness that had so much caught her attention.

After the last time in that pool she had wanted to see that glow one more time, and now it was there, within arm's reach.

And when he smiled still looking at the sky, she felt how the simple and clear realization hit her at the same time that a pleasant warmth filled her chest.

Her cheeks turned pink, and her eyes widened in surprise, how come she hadn't noticed before?

No, saying that would be a lie, deep down she had known it for a long time, because he was always what she most needed him to be, her greatest support, her closest friend, who encouraged her to be a better wizard and person, who gave her hope.

A few tears fell from her eyes as a happy smile graced her face, how could she not be happy? Her feelings were finally clear, and she decided to welcome them with open arms, after all...

"I love Jean". She said at the same time that the last of the fireworks exploded, lighting up the night sky.

"Um? Did you say something? Lu-Lucy?!" Jean finally turned his gaze to her, only to find her wiping away tears as she laughed.

This surprised and alarmed him a little, so he got up to come closer, already drawing his own conclusions.

"I knew you were a little drunk, I shouldn't have ordered those lemonades". He said, reaching for her arm in an attempt to reach around her to help her up and carry to her bed.

But she wouldn't let him, she would have time later for other less important questions, because now that she knew what she wanted, she wouldn't hesitate again.

So before he finished wrapping his arms around her, she jumped out of the chair straight at him, her chest colliding with his, her arms encircled his neck, and their lips met.

"?!"


The first chapter of this "What if", I know I said that it was likely that by the time they got to Rublan Town, they would be a couple, but I thought that this configuration was better, also that in this scenario we can explore the mind of Jean and Lucy a bit, although nothing too deep from Jean because that's what the original timeline took care of, anyway, we still have a couple of chapters left, so let's see what happens.

2