Press conference and sport festival prelude
583 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the debacle that happened in the USJ, the media exploded. Reporters were as if they were sharks who smelled the scent of blood or flies who smelled the scent of shit. 

They crowded the front on the school demanding a press conference. Nezu stayed firm for two days and decided to do one on the third day.

In a big house, you can encounter a red haired youth who is currently in front a tv. But not in a normal way, he is currently in a split position between two chairs, with his arms crossed staring at the tv, waiting for the principal speak with the media.

In the press conference, on the podium, Nezu slowly but firmly got behind the stand. He waited for silence to ensue and coughed two time before he began.

" Cough cough, alright. Let's comence with the press conference. I will be answering questions now. Raise your hand if you have one." He said finally. Making all the journalists raise their hands as if their arms were powered by a spring.

"You young lady at the front." Nezu pointed to a young lady on the front.

" Thank you. Is there any casualties in the confrontation? What exactly happened?" She asked rapidly.

" Well, that's two questions but I will answer them both. First one, no, there was no casualties in this confrontation, our staff and students are the future heroes of our industry they are more than capable of confronting some pesky villains." He began and paused after answering the first question, and proceeded.

" As for the second question, we attribute the cause for the breach of security on the first breach a day prior by the more delinquent journalists that were causing trouble at the front gate to gather news about All might." He said expertly, shifting the guilt like a veteran politician.

" Another one, you gentleman at the back." Nezu pointed at a more middle aged journalist dressed in a suit at the back.

" Thanks, I got information that the villains were after the life of All might and they brung a weapon to contend with him, how can you explain not having any casualties in such situation?" The reporter asked cunningly. Trying to put the principal in a difficult spot.

" Well, that's the question huh, the true answer is that we have courageous students who confronted the villains and the villains overestimated the ability of their weapons." Nezu answered easily.

Sekizan turned the TV off. He had heard enough, he was impressed by Nezu ability to maneuver in this shit storm so casually. He saw that in the world there are various types of expertise and he should try to balance his abilities with social types of expertise as well.

Jumping from the split position and landing on his feets softly, Sekizan began to stretch more thoroughly. The school put them in recess by a few days because of the villain event. His body was 100% now, his skin was chock full of scar tissue, primarily in his arms and torso. There was some in his face as well, across his forehead and cheek. But he didn't care much about them.

All this time he was meditating on the feeling he got from the fight he had with the nomu, the absolute focus he got himself in, the amount of sinapses that occurred in his body was so pronounced that he felt static in his skin. He tried to get in that state again but did not succeed in  getting the feeling he felt back then completely.

' Slow and steady wins the race.' He thought, not at all worried. The progression is slow but it was constant.

He got out and stood in the yard, closed his eyes and began to move his body as if he was fighting with someone.

He dodged imaginary punches, countered ghost of attacks. If a person were to sit at the side they would see an illusion.

An illusion of a bird monster fighting the ginger repeatedly. Sekizan was analyzing his errors, evading with smaller margins, countering with more precise strikes on more lethal spots.

He opened his eyes and sighed. It was not the same, he hoped that he can find a stimuli to help sharpen him again in the future. He proceeded to get his resistance suit and put it on it was time for his daily run.

___(interlude)___

It was a new day and today the classes were scheduled to restart. Sekizan was walking to his classroom calmly, arriving in front of the door he unceremoniously opened and proceeded to enter, like any other day.

But the reaction of the people was not like any other day. Firstly a red shadow jumped at him almost making him kick the shit out of it out of reflex.

"Sekizan!!! Man, you were so manly in that fight! I must ask to you to train with me, you must be my sensei!" Kirishima did no even let the other ginger enter the classroom and assaulted him with words.

Sekizan did not have time to respond as the invisible girl talked before he could.

" Yeah! Sekizan-kun was super cool fighting the villains to protect all of us!"  She shouted enthusiastically, she was moved by the red haired courage.

"Yeah!" Most of the class agreed.

Sekizan was surprised, he did not fight the monster with them in his head, they just happened to be present when he fought the beast. He was surprised that they were so stoked with his actions.

" Hm, thank you guys for your kind words, and if you, Kirishima wish, you can join me in my personal training schedule, but I will not change my training to be at your level, be warned." He said simply. He liked the other red haired man, he saw a similar motivation in the eyes of the youth, as the one he showed all those years back.

" Cool! I don't want you to take it easy on me, my quirk makes my skin like stone, you can make the training as hard as you can!" Kirishima said with courage, he didn't know the hell he will suffer for having said those words.

"Heh, sure if you want it so much." Sekizan said with a grin. 

Kirishima suddenly felt a chill pass his spine, but did not put much thought into it.

As the kids talked to each other, Aizawa arrived. This make it so the people calmed down and paid attention.

" Now kids, the fight has just began, it's time to begin the sports festival!" Aizawa said trying to sound serious.

The class was immediately exited, the sports festival was what the people considered the Olympics for people with quirks, and participating on it, show the world your value and market themselves for hero agencies.

" But teacher, after the attack that happened is it wise to do such a grand event?" Lida Tenya, asked the professor curious.

" The school decided that they will not waver in the face of adversity, and the security will be reinforced and if villains appear there, they will be quickly dealt with." Aizawa said with finality.

" Because of this, the school will give a weeklong vacation to let you guys train to participate in the sports festival. You can use all the school facilities if you wish freely."

Aizawa said and turned to Sekizan direction.

" Scarlatti-kun, principal Nezu would like to talk to you, if you could please go to his office later." He said and proceeded to leave the room.

When he opened the door there was a crowd in front of the door, he just looked at them and proceeded to go on his way, unperturbed.

Bakugo seeing the professor go away decided to leave as well, seeing that no more classes will ensue. But as he approached the door a crowd blocked his way.

" Get out of my way you extras!" He said loudly, he was in a bad mood and was going to the training grounds to release some steam.

" Ohh, so the class 1a is so powerful that they don't deign to interact to the rest of us anymore." Someone from the crowd began to speak. Making all of them to turn their heads to the direction of the discussion

(Cliff hanger-kun to you guys. I'm trying to make the mc interact more with the cast, this for me is hard because I care little for most of them, but I see the point you guys make. Writing dialogue is harder for me than anything else, leave your opinions on it and how I can improve.)

25