A race to remember
387 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sekizan began to sprint immediately. He decided to not use any type of rokushiki unless absolutely necessary. He had to enjoy this festival and get something from it as well.

He suddenly felt something wrong as his hairs stood on end. He looked back and saw his classmate freezing the whole field trapping all the participants. Seeing this and having decided to not rely on his typical moves he waited for the ice to arrive near his position and jumped using the people on his way as a stepping stone to move forward as they were frozen by the quirk of the Todoroki boy.

Arriving at the front he stepped softly on the ground frozen by ice and tapped lightly a few times to reassure the firmness of the surface. Seeing nothing wrong he proceeded to run, he didn't need to worry about falling as his sense of equilibrium was perfect so he knew how to use the forces correctly to move forward.

After leaving the ice field, he stepped on the firm ground and decided to test a hypothesis he made during the week he spent training with his now friend, Kirishima. His normal sprinting speed was something on the base of 49km/h he could maintain that speed for 2 hours if he controlled his liver to metabolize his fats, transforming them in glycogen, the fuel needed for his muscles to maintain his top speed for this extended period of time.

During his training he noticed that in the world existed two types of energy, the energy he produced, and the energy the world and other people gave to him. For example, the strikes Kirishima punched him with gave him the Kinect energy for him to redirect back at him, or the punch the nomu stroke him with, had given an abundant amount of energy for him to use to counter with.

But his body gave energy to the world, every time he kicked the ground with force to do a sprinting movement, the ground in turn produced a counter impact equal to the force he produced, as the third Newton law of motion dictated, this counter force normally was dispersed by the muscles of his legs to not affect his joints much.

However over a long period of time Olympic sprinters or even long distance runners experience knee injuries because of the amount of force their joints receive, their muscles are not perfect in dispersing the energy the world give back to them.

Having noticed that the earth is a source energy as well Sekizan began to test his hypothesis by feeling the energy the Earth gave his as he kicked the ground. With every step he took he could feel the impacts passing through his legs, reverberating in his entire body. Until he began to control this energy, to maneuver it like he maneuvered the energy his opponents gave to him, similar with his opponents he redirected the energy from one leg to the other, kicking the ground harder giving a stronger impulse forward, making the ground crack.

Sekizan began to enter a rhythm, using the Earth as a source he began to accelerate quickly, breaking his record and going from 49 km/h to a impressive 65km/h, he did not take long to arrive in the first obstacle as he left cracks on the floor on his path.

The audience noticed his impressive speed and began cheering as well, it was not every day they saw such spectacle. Present mic did not leave his performance alone neither.

" Look ladies and gentlemen, we are seeing the first students to arrive at the obstacle number one, this one is a freshman from the class 1a and he is showing us impressive speed in the obstacle course. Does he have what it take to clear the first challenge!?" Present mic hyped the crowd on as the tall teen approached the obstacle.

Sekizan in turn was in a flow like state, the sensation of manipulating the force of the earth was incredible, he felt he could do that all day, his liver was hard at work and he took deep breaths the send all the oxygen his body needed to continue. Suddenly a rumble broke him from his reverie as multiple zero pointers got in his way.

He did not displayed much reaction waiting for the lumbering robots to attack him. As a robot punch in his direction he evaded by jumping in the machine's fist, running to the top of the beast and jumping to the other side.

He softened his landing by performing a perfect parkour roll ending on his feet again and resuming his sprint with a deep breath as if nothing happened.

" Ohh!! What incredible display of atleticism from the contestant Scarlatti Sekizan from class 1a!! He proceeded in the way of the next obstacle as if nothing happened, what a cool kid!" Present mic hyped the crowd as if second nature, he was doing a good job as the host of the event.

Some other students began to approach the first obstacle as well, two of them, Todoroki Shoto and Bakugo Katsuki. The first one froze the entire robot, making the cumbersome machine fall in the path of the other participants. Bakugo on the other hand flew right above the robots using his quirk as propulsion.

They were chasing the ginger with absolute focus. Not even bothering to pay attention to each other.

The ice boy using an ice path to accelerate himself to impressive speeds of about 50 km/h. With the boom boom boy right behind him with his speed a little lower but he was still accelerating.

The two saw the red haired stop in front of the second obstacle and put more effort to catch up.

Sekizan on the other hand arrived on the second challenge. Large pillars connected by ropes appeared before him, beneath, a giant fall. He cracked his joints and took an impulse and began to run, jumping in the void.

While falling he caught the ropes and used them as a fulcrum to propel himself forward like a monkey. All of this with present mic on the background making noise.

" And our leading competitor is showing us again impressive atleticism. It's by seeing this display that we can see for certain that us humans are descendents of primates, look at him go!" the annoying voice of the loud hero was already getting on Sekizan nerves.

The duo arrived not long after Sekizan began to cross the path, he was currently in the middle of the obstacle. Bakugo did not stop and crossed right through with the help of his quirk.

Todoroki had to stop and think for a moment before he froze the ropes and use them to go forward.

Bakugo passed Sekizan while he was reaching the end of the obstacle and proceeded to try to widen the distance.

Sekizan saw this and hurried up, arriving in solid ground, putting force on his steps to catch up, he was using his body force perfectly, all his muscles worked in conjunction to try to catch up with the blond.

Todoroki did not arrived too late, using his ice as propulsion he created a ramp to get more speed, like frozone from the Incredibles, he as well was trying his hardest.

The trio run close to each other, Sekizan getting the lead again as Bakugo used more nitroglycerin on his palms to try and accelerate. Todoroki was speeding constantly on his ice gaining ground on them.

The other participants were arriving now at the second obstacle and slowly but surely progressing in the race. A green haired boy advanced with determination with a piece of steel from a robot attached to his back.

The trio arrived at the third obstacle as they began to try to hinder each other, Bakugo using his explosions to try to get in the way of the two. Todoroki trying to freeze the ground and sending ice to the sky.

Sekizan was just maneuvering between the two. He found all of this extremely entertaining, he saw the mine field and purposely step on the mines to annoy the other two as he used his senses to maneuver the field and the attacks. They were in the middle of the field when they heard a massive explosion from the back, and a green blur passed them by.

Sekizan noticed first as his senses distinguished Midoriya clearly as the boy rode on a piece of metal plate moving in high speeds. He immediately abandoned the other two and began to carefully maneuver in the field at full speed. He could not use too much force as the vibrations on the ground activated the bombs.

The other two came out of their stupor much more slowly, Todoroki choosing to freeze the ground in his entirely and began to slide forward. Bakugo had his eyes bloodshot as he used his sweat to go forward with abandon giving all he had.

Sekizan began to use the impulse of some of the mines to try to catch up with the sneaky successor, and the two followed with blood on their eyes.

"Ahh you bastard!!" Sounds of explosions were all the audience heard, together with the screams of the rage prone blond.

The trio finally approached the green haired competitor as he lost momentum. 

They begun to surpass him.

' No! I must give my best!' Midoriya thought in desperation, ultimately using the last of his momentum to spin fowary, using the metal to detonate various explosives by striking it on the ground with all his might.

*Boom!*

Sekizan watched with clarity as the lad performed this incredible feat. He was pushed back together with the other two by the blast.

'Heh, this guy got some balls after all.' He thought with a grin as he used the force of the blast to do a back flip and land on a mine himself, using as propulsion as well.

The two speed ahead, the green haired teen a little in front, in consequence of having used the impulse a bit earlier, and the crimson head youth in a pose with his hands on his pockets a bit behind.

' Heh, I could use a Geppo in this situation to win but let the kid have his victory, he deserved.' Sekizan thought finally, choosing not to 'cheat'. He decided to not use the rokushiki unless absolutely necessary after all.

His decision made it so Midoriya crossed the finishing corridor first, getting the 1° place. He 20 milliseconds later, getting second.

Todoroki crossed two seconds later getting third. 

Bakugo crossed milliseconds after Todoroki, he was fuming with rage after seeing the results.

The other students arrived much later, ending their respective challenges one by one. Until present mic stroke the hammer of finality.

" And that's time. folks, this marks the end of the first event, the obstacle race, what incredible performance we got from our lovely students, what intensity, what drive!! Let's hear a round of applause to our contenders and for the four who gave us a spectacular show." Mic said, making the crowd explode in cheer.

" This was a race to remember for sure." He said finally.

22