Interlude: Sense
1.2k 8 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 1: Samael Constantine

--Charles Xavier POV--

--Xavier Mansion--

--A Few Hours After Samael Awakened His Powers--

"Ugh..." I woke up with a huge headache. It was like I got wasted in one of the frat parties I used to attend when I was but a young man.

Ah... The good old days. When I was able to walk.

Sigh... no use thinking about it.

What's in past, is in the past.

I sat up and checked where I was.

White bed and high tech medical equipment. 

Yes, he was in his school's medbay.

He searched his mind to know why he was lying in the medbay with wires connected to him.

The answer was... worrying to say the least.

He was just finishing the teacher's meeting when he sensed an enormous wave of unidentified energy sweep across the country.

For some reason the energy was especially effecting Telepaths.

The energy instantly overloaded his brain and he passed out.

Now he was proud that he was the strongest telepath in the world but even he was not able to resist it (or even try).

That's when the medbay's door opened and entered one of his long-time and most trusted friend.

Hank McCoy A.K.A The Beast who was in his human form.

[Insert The Beast's Image]

And following him was his other teachers.

Logan A.K.A Wolverine

[Insert Wolverine Image]

Ororo Munroe A.K.A Storm

[Insert Storm Image]

Warren Worthington A.K.A Angel

[Insert Angel Image]

And Forge.

[Insert Forge Image]

Most of whom were looking at him with worry and relief, except for-

"I told you he would be fine." Logan said as he stood by the door nonchalantly.

"How are you feeling Charles?" Hank asked in worry.

"I'm fine except for a huge headache. Now please tell me Hank, what happened?" I asked urgently.

Hank shared a look with Storm before he talked.

"Your mind overloaded causing you to black out." Hank answered while checking the medical reports.

"Yes, I know that but Why?" If I was in my normal condition I would have already read their minds (due to the passive telepathy) but unfortunately due to the huge headache I was unable to for now.

Storm answered my question instead.

"An enormous wave of unidentified energy traveled throughout the planet and caused half of America to blackout. At least that's what news channel and Hank says."

"Hmmm... that's worrying. Do we know what caused the energy wave?"

"We have an idea what caused it. Or rather who." Answered Forge who was quite until now.

"Who?"

Forge then signaled Storm as to say 'you answer it'.

"When you passed out Cerebro detected an enormous mutant presence and promptly... blew up due to overload..." Storm dropped the bomb.

"Blew Up!" I exclaimed in shock.

This was unexpected and shocking.

Nothing could convey the shock he was feeling right now.

And this could only be caused by-

"A Beyond Omega Level Mutant." He gasped as the realisation set in.

An Beyond Omega Level Mutant.

It was only a theory of his and his old 'friend' that theoretically if not now then in the future there could one day exist a mutant so powerful that they would be in a realm of their own.

A Mutant Messiah.

In all of his own lifetime he had only ever saw a handful of Omega Levels.

Storm was one and Jean Grey, one his younger students was one too.

"We have to find him Storm, Hank.  By any means necessary." I said as I tried to remove the wires connected to me.

But Logan stopped me.

"You have to rest bub. You are in no condition to move."

My temper (which is usually under control, but my powers are malfunctioning) reigns up. 

"Do you not understand Logan, that a young mutant child must have gone through a terrible ordeal to awaken their powers? They don't know how to control their powers, they could accidentally cause so much destruction that our world may even end in the next moment!" I yelled.

All of the teachers just stared at me in worry.

I sighed and cooled my mind.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice Logan but you must understand that the young mutant is in danger. We must rescue him."

"But we can't Charles. Remember Cerebro was destroyed? We aren't able to track him." Said Hank.

"Right right" I nodded. This headache is seriously killing me.

"You should rest Charles, at least until I repair the machine." Said Forge as he exited the medbay.

"Take care Charles." "Take care Professor." 

As the rest also exited the medbay leaving with my own thoughts.

It was imperative that we find the young mutant and train them to control their powers.

Lest their powers doom them and those around him.

It was the best for everyone.

--Ancient One POV--

--Kamar-Taj, Nepal--

Time

The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.

And the weapon that we used to keep their universe safe from the immeasurable beings that threatened it.

'So what happened?'

She was just doing the regular check up of Sanctum defences when she felt 'it'.

An enormous wave of unidentified energy originating from Texas and passing all over the planet.

For the normal human part of the world the energy worked as a weak EMP (except for the originating country, America, where the energy caused a black-out of the Eastern Seaboard).

But for mystical part?

It caused many seals and barriers to momentarily weaken and in some cases disable.

Many seals permanently broke. And some became so weak that their prisoners escaped.

The energy wave even caused the Sanctum barriers to malfunction momentarily before she stabilized them.

Thankfully she was present there when they began to malfunction or it could have resulted in catastrophe.

Some mystical beings may have even squeaked through, 

But that was not the main problem.

The main problem was that the Future was blocked.

Somehow and for some reason trying to see into the future was not possible anymore.

No matter how much she tried to look, she just couldn't.

In the thousands of years of her lifetime this had never happened.

'Whatever or whoever caused this have to be found. For their safety and for everyone else's. And if their a threat... then I'm not the Sorcerer Supreme for 1500 years for nothing.'

--Alexander Pierce POV--

--S.H.I.E.L.D HQ, The Triskelion, Washington D.C--

"Was it Xavier?" He asked as he sat with his fellow 'Heads' of H.Y.D.R.A.

While the American government was running like headless chicked trying to solve the damage and chaos that the mass blackout had caused. He and his associates were in a meeting.

"No, no my friend. This was someone who is even more dangerous that Xavier." Answered the head of the Science division.

Jonnah Gretsberg, a brilliant scientist who climbed his way up to the top of science division and became a Head of H.Y.D.R.A. He was tall, bald and had brown eyes.

"Who?"

"A young and powerful mutant who had just activated his powers."

As soon as he said this there was an instant silence throughout the table.

A mutant, eh?

The sub-species of humans with access to extraordinary powers. Which of course led to the huge discrimination as it always does with humankind.

The issue with mutants reinforced my decision of taking the freedom away from humanity.

Too much Freedom would always, Always result in destruction, war and death.

But nevertheless. Technology wasn't yet up to par to start Project Insight.

But Winter Soldier would still cull all the threats to our goal for now.

"Do we have a location?"

After a few moments of silence I asked.

"Yes, but well no..."

"What are you trying to day Jonnah? Spit it out!" Asked another Head.

Jessica Goldman, the Head of the Business Division of H.Y.D.R.A. She inherited her position from her father. She had a pretty face, neck length blonde hair and blue eyes.

"What I meant Jessica was that we know his general location but not the exact one."

"Why not?" She asked.

"The energy signal was so enormous that we weren't able to track it before our Cerebro exploded."

He continued.

"But we did managed to record the general area. The young mutant is in Austin, Texas." He revealed.

I didn't even need to ask how his fellow 'Head' even knew this.

H.Y.D.R.A was hands deep in many sorts of 'fields'. It would be strange for them to not know about such information.

And if Xavier thought that he was the only one who knew how to find mutants then he was a fool.

His brain machine (Cerebro, if I remembered correctly) was literally designed in the middle of C.I.A Headquarters.

Of course we would copy it. And finding a competent Telepath wasn't difficult if you knew where to find one.

"I say we kidnap and brainwash the mutie freak." Said a another Head after a few seconds of silence.

He was Jeff Smith he was the 'Head' of the Media branch. He was an obese man, brown eyes and brown hair and a ugly face.

He was what you would call an Ugly Bastard.

"I agree. It would be very beneficial for our goal if we have asset like them." Said another Head.

"I also agree but we must be cautious. We don't want to involve ourselves with Xavier and his ilk or else we tip our hand too early." Jessica said.

"This requires... a more... subtle approach."

"Indeed." I said.

I continued.

"We should inform Stryker about the young assets location and once he acquires it we shall take it from him."

"I agree"

"I agree"

"I agree too"

"Then so be it."

--??? POV--

Hmm... a Reality Warper, eh?

And a powerful mutant one at that.

But alas he's just another pawn for my goals.

What to do, what to do?

Hmmm... why don't I 'use' him?

He would be quiet the help in my 'plans'.

So it's decided then!

Here I come little Reality Warper!

Even if I have to find you first! I am coming!

I'm Mad after all!

=================

And Done! This is the longest chapter I've ever written.

This was my first time writing from other's POV. Tell me if you liked it or had any problems with it. I'll try to better it the next time I do so.

I changed the 'blackout Eastern Seaboard' to 'blackout Half of America' as the previous one didn't make sense. As Austin, Texas (MC's City) is quite far from the Eastern Seaboard.

Professor X is a complex character to write. To say the least. He is good as a saint at times but also has a dark side. And I didn't want to write him as completely evil or completely good. The best way to describe him will be that he is good but manipulative man that uses unlikable methods when he has no other options, but he thinks that all the decisions he takes are for the good of mutant and human kind. He thinks that he knows the best and sometimes even mind-controls his own teammates.

So I will say that he's a Lawful Neutral character. He's not Evil (we've seen Onslaught) but he's not a Hero too (you can search all the worst things he has done). He's the middle ground.

Plus, having powers like his would eventually result in him being slightly arrogant and manipulative.

You know cause Absolute Power, Corrupts Absolutely.

At least for humans.

He also looks like the comic version by the way because I just can't imagine Patrick Stewart to be anything else than a good old grandpa.

All the Heads of H.Y.D.R.A except Pierce are OCs.

Comment who you think the mystery person is?

Please give some good reviews to the story.

Next Chapter- Chapter 5: The One Above All

Images-

The Beast Human Form- https://images.app.goo.gl/XGqhb8emGX4YAwQHA

Storm- https://images.app.goo.gl/PPzgW1ohJk5hmtS78

Logan- https://images.app.goo.gl/gWhu6yp8jkwXgrU49

Angel- https://images.app.goo.gl/gWhu6yp8jkwXgrU49

Forge- https://images.app.goo.gl/FS3rCNNnLgcU9Dvc8

Professor X- https://images.app.goo.gl/xYKm1DbnPhV72QA28

33