Chapter 9: Enlightenment
992 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 1: Samael Constantine

<Samael POV>

--The Next Day--

"-And so because of one man's ego and low wisdom, the whole universe suffered as Annihilus Invaded and Conquered everything... The End." OAA finished and closed the book with a snap.

'Why do most of his stories end with bad endings?' I thought mentally but discarded it.

It was but a fleeting thought.

But today's topic could be said to be a bit of an special case and it was because of one Mr. Reed Richards or better known as Mr. Fantastic.

If you are not familiar with this name then let me enlighten you.

Reed Richards A.K.A Mr. Fantastic, is a scientist and inventor who has been considered the smartest man on Earth and the leader of the Fantastic Four. He was exposed to high levels of cosmic radiation alongside the others members of Fantastic Four during a trip to space in the stolen rocket. The cosmic radiation also ended up giving all of them superpowers (His power allows him to stretch and mold his body at will).

Afterwards, all of them formed the superhero team of Fantastic Four and saved the world many many times.

But of course he had his faults.

Like how he thought that his judgement was above others and how he justified his misdeeds by using the 'it was for the Greater Good' mantra or 'I'm the smartest man and I know better than you' schtick. 

He had also made some very dumb and stupid mistakes when he had more IQ than most in his entire universe.

Take the Civil War Event for an example or World War Hulk or better yet the event that gave Fantastic Four their powers.

Get what I'm saying here?

He was the personification of the term 'Low Wisdom, High Intelligence'.

...

Yeah... I might just have a slight dislike for him.

I have a high level of dislike for these type of Manipulative people who think of themselves as god's gift to humanity and treat others as a mere 'pawn' to sacrifice for the 'Greater Good'.

But I'm mature enough to look past my bias and know that you sometimes need these kind of people and I shouldn't judge them by their cover.

A person has many different dimensions of personalities that make them who they are so judging someone when you don't know them personally is very stupid in my opinion.

I may not agree with them but I'm mature and lazy enough to leave them alone as long they don't interfere with me and mine and stay in their place like good little mongrels they are.

...

Maybe I've been watching to much Fate Stay/Night lately.

Hmm...

...

Anyways,

Lord knows what I would do if I encountered their boy-band Illuminati one day...

Reed isn't even that bad compared to others of that club...

But one thing is for sure though, that our meeting would result in inevitable conflict...

... and their End.

...

Leaving the topic of controlling shitty men aside, because of Reed's disregard for consequences he has inadvertently caused much chaos and destruction across the multiverse.

Not surprisingly, majority of Reeds in the multiverse were evil or didn't have any kind morals-

I was pulled out of my musings by OAA as he gave out homework.

"For today's homework I want you to write about 'What happens when a person has genius intellect but doesn't have the wisdom to go along with it, and how to prevent it.'" he said and I quickly noted it down.

I could feel that he was trying to teach me some kind of cryptic and wise lesson but I didn't have much time to ponder over it right now.

Yes, he was crytic like that.

"Now it's time for the physical training Young Samael." He informs me and in a blink of an eye the Training-Bots appeared at the center of the courtyard.

They were still the same weak bots but they're real strength layed in their numbers and their ability of improving after each battle.

They were the Perfect Sparring Partners.

After each fight they would become stronger than they were previously but he gain would be very minuscule, or in other words they had a very weak Adaptation ability.

Because of this ability my experience in fighting is improving with each passing day.

I walked up opposite to the Training-Bots, I got into my fighting stance. A mixture of boxing and taekwondo.

"...GO!" OAA said loudly and we darted to towards each other with our fists ready.

...

I walked up to my room after another day of hard work.

Due to the constant fighting and exercise I was understandably sweaty and smelled like a rotten sweat-filled sock (over-exaggeration).

But the gains spoke of themselves as I now sported a subtle outline of abs in my mid-region and strong muscles in my arms and legs from months amount of exercise.

Still the sweat was bothering me so I decided to take a shower like a normal person rather than just using powers to clean up.

What can I say, it's relaxing. *Shrugs*

...

Hmm...

A face that would put Gods to shame.

Majestic blonde hair that reached my nose but still looked majestic and beautiful despite not being combed.

A tall and developed physique (for my age) and beautiful ruby like eyes.

I was pridefully impressed of myself as I stood in front of the mirror and looked over myself.

I knew I was being quite a narcissist right now. But I just couldn't help myself.

I looked like a young kid Adonis, For God's sake! 

'No... I looked even better than Adonis!' I thought as the Sin of Pride burst out from under me.

'With mighty-ness and handsome-ness that surpassed everyone's in all of existence!'

This was the face of a True GOD!

BOW TO ME MORTALS!!!

BOW TO THE DARK GOD EMPEROR OF REALITY!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

...

Ahem!

Sorry for the bout of unexpected narcissism and chuunibyo-ism.

Huh, who would've thought that I would develop a chuunibyo arrogance phase?

But I guess when you give someone god-like powers and put him into a very emotional and energetic body of a child it is a certain conclusion that they would at the very least develop some... Quirks (And in the worst case scenario they would go batshit insane, so kudos to me I guess).

'I just hope that these new 'quirks' fade away with time cause' yelling cringey shit in public would be sooo embarassing.' I shivered and covered my face from just thinking about it and trying to forget what I just did a few seconds ago.

But let's not get too much into this monologue or I would on for hours and hours and forget what I was here to do in the first place- (I really do have a monologuing problem).

Relaxing and taking a long and comforting shower.

...

With a thought all the water upon me was dried and with another thought I was dressed in my comfortable pajamas.

With a snap of my fingers my hair was combed and I appeared in my bed, ready to sleep.

I lied on the bed for a moment and basked in the silence of my room.

'[Analysis]' I thought with a tired yawn as a blue coloured floating rectangular screen with yellow font appeared just a few feet above my head.

The floating screen read-

[Samael Constantine. Lvl. High Universal (On The Cusp Of Multiversal)

Emotions- Calm, Curiosity, Sleepy]

'[Analysis] was truly a wonderful skill.'

I had discovered this use of it when I was experimenting with the skill's capabilities.

How suprised I was when I found out how broad and versatile it was. Not to mention that it was a nice and easy way to keep track of my progress.

The [Level] of a person or object represented their overall current power and threat level while the rest were self-explanatory.

[Analysis] also always showed the target's true name and if the the target was lying or not. It also nullified any illusion or hypnosis used upon me.

So it was nigh-impossible for me to be deceived.

Leaving that aside, my full status went like this:-

------------------------------------------------

Name- Samael Constantine

Titles- Reincarnator. Planeswalker. The Most Powerful Mutant. The Protege Of The One Above All.

Age- 7

Species- Homo-Superior (Mutant)

Level- High Universal (On The Cusp Of Multiversal)

STR- B

END- EX

AGI- B+

STA- A+

INT- A+

WIS- B

CHA- A+++

Skill Tiers-

E <D <C <B <A <EX

Skills-

{True Free Will (Passive) : Lvl. EX}

{Reality Warping (Active) : Lvl. C+++

Rank- High Universal}

{Reality Warping Immunity (Passive) : Lvl. C+++

Rank- High Universal}

{Anti-Copy (Passive) : Lvl. EX}

{Music (Passive) : Lvl. B}

{Academic Knowledge (Passive) : Lvl. A}

{Super Intellect (Passive) : Lvl. B}

{Super Comprehension (Passive) : Lvl. B}

{Eidetic Memory (Passive) : Lvl. B}

{Meditation (Active) : Lvl. A}

{Martial Arts (Passive) : Lvl. A}

{Etiquette (Passive) : Lvl. A}

{Negotiation (Passive) : Lvl. B}

{Mind Shield (Passive) : Lvl. B}

{Ultra Super Speed Regeneration (Passive) : Lvl. EX}

{Adaptive Physiology (Passive) : Lvl. A}

{Omni-Directional Sense (Passive/Active) : Lvl. A}

{Analysis (Passive/Active) : Lvl. B}

History-

[Samael Constantine] is a person who reincarnated into Marvel after his death. He chose [Reality Warping] skill when a mysterious system chose him for ??? reasons. He spent his childhood at St. Joseph Orphanage and he is currently learning under The One Above All.]

------------------------------------------------

'I've come a long way...' I whistled as I checked over my stats.

Taking OAA on his training offer was a great idea.

There were still many mysteries that I wanted to solve, and I was sure that they would solve themselves in the near future.

Overall, the future was looking bright.

*Yawn*

'It's late... I should go to sleep...' I thought as my eyelids suddenly feel surprisingly heavy.

Slowly I lost the battle against it and snuggled into my warm and comfy bed.

It didn't take too long for me to fall asleep.

...

I was standing?

Or was I floating?...

... I was not sure.

I was in some kind of empty space(?).

The only thing in this infinite dark void, other than me, was a giant crimson red sun in the distance acting like a beacon.

Maybe I was dreaming...

'What was I doing before?' I tried to remember just to receive no answer.

I used [Analysis] instinctively but... it wasn't there?

Where am I?

Slowly I felt my memories begin to fade as I slowly begin to forget...

Everything.

I only knew this because of the mental endurance training that I had gone through when training [Reality Warping].

First I began to lose the memories that I had seemed insignificant.

Useless knowledge from my previous life, or things that I mostly didn't care for.

Then came my normal memories...

...

I instinctively tried to call upon [Reality Warping] to no avail and I got a feeling that told me that it wasn't going to work.

The memory wipe continued without stopping and erased the memories I had of my classmates, my teachers, where my school was or what I liked to eat, etc...

These were followed by memories I deemed important.

My meta-knowledge, memories with my fellow 'siblings', memories of the sisters in the orphanage, my likes and dislikes, my plans...

...

It was terrifying...

Feeling the memories that make you who you are get erased...

You ask yourself, are you even yourself anymore if what makes 'you', 'you' is not there anymore?

And even more so as I was helpless and was not able to stop it...

As the Memory Erasure approached the memories that I held dear to my heart, I knew I had to make a last stand, no matter what it took.

Finally it arrived, I started to forget the loved ones that I had started this journey for in the first place...

George...

Mark...

The One Above All

Father Jack...

Myself...

...

My eyes widened as I struggled and failed in stopping the Erasure with my mental might...

And for the first time in a long time, I cried.

I cried in helplessness and for fear of the unknown.

Even if I had god-like powers and was a adult in mind, I was still human.

Fear of the unknown was practically genetic.

As I started forgetting about Granny Lily, more tears escaped my eyes...

'I was useless...'

Just a useless guy who was lucky enough to be given a power that he couldn't even use properly...

'I don't deserve this power, nor do I deserve them.' I thought about the loved ones that I had long forgotten.

I didn't remember their names nor their faces but I knew they existed...

I remembered playing with them while Granny Lily sat in the background...

I remembered eating with them while Granny Lily fed us food...

Remembering all this flipped a switch in my mind.

My sadness and helplessness turned into Rage and Defiance...

'No... I refuse!'

'I refuse to accept such fate!'

"I REFUSE!" I yelled as the emotions of Rage and pure Defiance increased...

An red and gold energy seeped out of myself and constructed itself into a form of a barrier.

I had no time to be suprised of it, cause I was too busy fighting off (and badly loosing) to the memory wipe.

As if listening to my desperation, the red and gold energy seeped back inside me and constructed a dome of energy inside my mind...

Alas, it was too late to save 'myself'...

<3rd Person POV>

Something happened that shouldn't have happened...

And everything changed.

Even after most of Samael's memories were erased, he still Remembered...

His Rage and Defiance made the sealed [Reality Warping] temporarily free itself to manifest in a different way than normal. And it was able to save only two memories before it was sealed again.

The 'new' Samael knew nothing of what happened before and was left with many, many questions.

But he still Remembered...

He remembered that he HAD to touch the crimson red star at all costs if he ever wanted answers.

And the new 'Samael' followed it religiously as it was one of the only memories he had left of 'before'.

The other was of an old woman with an kind smile full of love...

Whenever he recalled it, tears escaped his eyes for some unknown reason...

He didn't know why. But he knew how to find the answer.

So even after it had been millions or billions of years, he still swam to the star...

Slowly, little by little, he closed the long distance to the crimson red star...

And he finally arrived...

<Samael POV>

I looked at the shining red sun, the only light source in this infinite void, that was now only arm-distance away from me now.

It took a long journey but it was worth it just for the beautiful and breathtaking sight, not mention the answers that I was promised.

Something within myself told me that I had- No! NEEDED to touch it, if I wanted to get answers to the bazillion questions that I had.

Who was I?

Where was I?

Why did I feel so... Alone?

What is the this giant red thing?

Why do I want to touch it?

Who is that old woman?

...

These were only few of the questions that I had.

So I slowly brought my hand up and reached out towards it...

With a slight thrust of my arm, I touched the sun-

[L!GH7Bπ!NG£π] whispered a ghostly voice as goosebumps broke out across my body and all the memories that I had lost flowed back into my mind.

And it just clicked...

A feeling of True freedom embraced my being...

A red and gold coloured energy started to seep out of myself and covered me within it like cocoon.

I could feel my body, mind, soul, abilities, all get more powerful as the feeling of Freedom continued to embrace and enhance my being while inside the cocoon of energy.

'Test Of Enlightenment.' The thought automatically entered my mind when I WANTED to know.

And I realised what was going on.

'At least there was some benefit to reading Trashy Chinese Cultivation Novels with bad translation.'

But I could not stop the small smile that tugged upon my lips...

I had been tested and I had came out victorious...

I felt like jumping in joy! And dancing even. Yelling to the world about my greatness.

But one thing I had learned from this whole experience was humbleness.

I still had all memories from my Amnesia-Self, I was able to see just how lonely he felt...

All of his emotions also carried onto me...

I was gonna have serious therapy session after I went back home.

Not to mention how despite my full resistance, the memory wipe had not stopped.

So yes, I was humbled very thoroughly.

I continued to be in the embrace of the energy for quite a while before the cocoon of energy abruptly seeped back into my being and-

*GASP!*

-I jumped awake in my bed, breathing heavily with sweat covering my whole body.

====================

And Done!

Man, this was a wild chapter to write.

I think Samael NEEDED to taste helplessness and defeat if he wanted to grow and go anywhere.

Of course this 'Test Of Enlightenment' wasn't just a useless plot device but will be very important later on, so remember it.

Again, sorry for the late chapter but I got lost on the path to life...

This novel will be now shown on the Power Rankings! So please give this poor author some stone!

They motivate me greatly!

Also, why not leave some reviews while you are at it? It's greatly appreciated.

Note- I have finished writing this right when I'm fasting so please inform me if you notice any grammar or spelling mistakes so I can fix them. Thank you.

Next Chapter- Chapter 10: The House Of Ideas

9