Chapter 5: Over-preparation
363 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following the change, time flowed by in blur. Being his last experience being fraught with difficulty, this time, he decided that he should stick to his motto, "Strength in number". As such, with intention of stockpiling as much skills and weapons as possible, and to go to Yue as fast as possible, he created massive number of arachnes, meat grinders, hidden weapons, Agni-Orkans, and every other weapons he could think of. Then, with the help of arachnes, and much necessary spices he brought, he created batches of meatballs and sausages by grinding monster meats, which he became a lot more bearable, with more skills compared to eating only some portions of the monsters (intestines were still left out).

At the floor of where tars could be mass secured, instead of killing monsters that jumped out of the tars, he just put the tars of the entire floor in his space storage artifacts that were hanging around his fingers, wrists, necks and ankles. As he was killing the fishes (monsters), that were flipping on the floor, he swore to himself to quickly increase his magic to increase the size of the storage. On the floor before Yue, Hajime was finally able to bring his strength up to par.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Nagumo Hajime

Age: 17 Level: 43

Job: Synergist

Strength: 1000

Vitality: 1100

Defense: 830

Agility: 1300

Magic: 1200

Magic Defense: 1200

Skill: Transmute - Transmute [+Ore Appraisal] [+Precision Transmutation] [+Ore Perception] [+Ore Desynthesis] [+Ore Synthesis] [+Duplicate Transmutation ] - Mana Manipulation [Mana Discharge] [+Mana Compression] [+Remote Manipulation] - Iron Stomach - Lightning Field - Air Dance[+Aerodynamic] [+Supersonic Step] [+Steel Legs] - Gale Claw - Night Vision - Sense Presence - Vibration Interpretation - Disorienting Noise - Detect Magic - Hide Presence - Poisonous Fluid [+Acid] [+Paralysis Poison] [+Hallucinogen Poison] [+Aphrodisiac Poison] [+Steroid] [Relaxant] [Diarrhea Inducer] - Poison Resistance -  Paralysis Resistance - Petrification Sight - Petrification Resistance - Detect Magic -  String Emission [+Mana Emission] [+Poison Emission] - Increased Mana Recovery - Mana Conversion [+Stamina] [+Healing] - Creation Magic - Gravity Magic - Spatial Magic - Restoration Magic - Spirit Magic - Evolution Magic - Metamorphosis Magic -  Language Comprehension

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Despite the large difference, the time took to reach this place once again took less than two months (at least according to his estimation). Hajime would often just wipe out the entire floor with help of Grim Reaper - land model: Garms. With his experience of building AI for Freesia, he created hivemind AI system: Skynet. Its main processing unit was housed inside space storage, with small space artifact that has been linked to Skynet inside each Garm unit for instructions. They were equipped with railguns, ordinances with tar, mini-scale pile bunkers using spatial acceleration, mana and heat detection, vibration detection pads, and so on. Later on, when he has enough materials, he was thinking of recreating Freesia as the main terminal for Skynet.

His trusted Donner & Schlag was on his side, with Schlagen AA in his storage space. Archnes have been also added inside, with Skynet being the main console for now. Etemp and Netemp is still not with him, so he couldn't do anything about putting those annoying apostles of Ehito in his arachnes.

As his arm was not eaten by Claw Bear this time, his left arm was not metallic, but his nostalgia (and curiosity and chunnibyou) has led him to Metamorphosis Magic to create a little opening for thread emission like certain American hero who likes high places and swings too much. In addition, from monster that he got poison resistance, he was able to get a new skill of Poisonous Fluid, that led him to try multiple different poison. In the beginning, he was admittedly grossed out when his saliva made a hole on dungeon floor, his curiosity got better of him that led to try eating and emulating properties of different monster. Aphrodisiac was accidentally created during experiment to create steroid. After accidental creation aphrodisiac, Hajime's admittedly weak bottom line was pushed further back, leading him to create Diarrhea Inducer that was used by him for harassment purposes. To see it works at monsters, he witnessed a barfing sight when he strung a cat monster up with arachnes' cooperation. For the sake of monster's dignity (and olfactory safety of his), it was burned with Agni-Orkan.

For ammunition, excluding the usual he had in his past experience, he also created some bullets that increased gravity to hold enemy in place (Graviton), spits out wide-area web (Spi**r-Man), generate noise that disturbs thought process (Brats), creates attraction light ("I'm here"-San), and other.

Finally, he also created short-range weapons like knife utilizes high-vibration blade (Klinge), claw gloves (Klaue), along with other niche weapon like string gloves utilized by certain butler of Anti-Vampire agency (Butler-San), very thin metallic plates that has been enchanted with various properties and small space artifact for mana supply (talismans).

Now, as he finished checking his (chunnibyou) weapons that, he went down the stairs to see his beloved.

8