The New Jack Sparrow
2.3k 4 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm lost?"

Standing on top of a small hill, Genji looked far into the distance. He looked as far as he could see and still could not notice anything.

"Am I going to die out here?" Genji asked himself as he used the staff guide once more.

Placing the staff on the ground, Genji walked away from the standing staff before 'praying'(?).

"Oh Mr. Guide, please guide me to my destination," said Genji.

Walking back to the staff, Genji lifted the staff and stood it up before letting it drop.

[Ding! Learned new skill!]

[<Navigation> (Lvl. 1)]

'Great!' thought Genji as he looked at the new skill with newfound happiness. 'Now I won't get lost as long as I level up the skill!'

The instant Genji had received the skill, he felt like he had a general idea of where to go to find a way out of the South Pole.

'But it's such a general feeling… ugh,' thought Genji as he looked somewhere in front of him.

This feeling was so vague that it only let him feel if the correct way was either north or south of where he was. No clear feeling like forward, behind, to the right, or to the left!

"I guess this will do. From what I feel, this skill will end up being quite powerful," thought Genji as he looked to the south direction from where he was.

Although his navigation skill was pretty trash at the moment, it still 'told' Genji that he will find 'a way out of the South Pole' further down south.

A very vague thing to consider as a 'destination', but since it leads somewhere, it's pretty strong in it's own right.

Without thinking more about it, Genji followed this gut feeling from the skill and began to walk south.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Navigation> (Lvl. 2)]

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Adept Firebender> (Lvl. 22)]

As Genji walked forward for a whole minute, he heard the system prompt telling him about his skills leveling up.

'Navigation leveled up? Does this mean that as long as I follow the navigation skill, I will level up the skill?' Genji smiled and continued to walk forward, he didn't even address the Firebending skill leveling up.

Since he is constantly using firebending to keep his body warm, Genji knew that it was a matter of time before he leveled up the skill. Although it took him two hours to level up the skill in constant use.

Soon, an hour passed and the sun was setting.

In this hour, <Navigation> had level up nine more times, reaching level 11 in just one hour. As the skill went up higher in level, the vague feeling from earlier only became stronger and a bit clearer.

With the last bit of sunlight hitting him and the cold of the night rising, Genji felt like he might not make it through the night.

'Ugh, just when will I reach the thing the navigating skill mentioned?'

Feeling hopeless, Genji had a heavy frown on his face as he looked around him.

It was then that Genji noticed a large dark shadow in the distance with quite a peculiar shape.

'Is that…'

Genji's eyes lit up and he quickly began running over to the dark shadow in the distance. It's shape and appearance slowly clearing up as he approached the shadow.

A Fire Nation Ship!

One frozen in place and lifted at an awkward angle to boot.

Genji quickly looked for an entrance and boarded the ship before thinking to himself, 'This must have been the ship that Aang and Katara must have entered and triggered the booby trap.'

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Navigation> (Lvl. 13)]

Two levels?

Looking over to the screen before his face, Genji smirked, knowing that this must mean that he arrived at his destination.

"The ship itself doesn't work…" mumbled Genji, knowing that moving such a large ship would require help from various people. Not only that, but the ship might not be functional anymore after being frozen here for many years.

Knowing that he needs to find something that will serve the same purpose as this ship, Genji remembered what Zuko's ship looked like.

'If I remember correctly… the small boats should be over here,' thought Genji as he walked through a specific pathway before finding some run down boats.

With a smile, Genji looked for one that looked pretty decent and placed it inside his storage without it's motor.

'I should be able to travel with just the boat itself just fine,' thought Genji as he planned to use firebending to propulse himself forward like a rocket.

It's an ineffective method, but he had no other way to travel. Fixing the motor isn't even possible since he doesn't know where the tools in such a large ship are at. Besides that, Genji doesn't know the first thing about fixing motors at all.

After storing the boat, Genji used his <Navigation> skill to 'find the nearest river or the sea to leave the South Pole'.

Sure enough, such a method of 'navigating' was possible with his <Navigation> skill.

'It's too broken,' thought Genji as he followed the feeling of his <Navigation> skill.

Next morning…

Out in the sea with nothing in sight, a large Fire Nation Ship was sailing slowly through the waters.

Zuko was carrying out his daily routine of spar in the morning under the tutelage of his uncle, Iroh.

"Ha!"

With a loud yell, a strong fire blast followed as it shot out of Zuko's fist and hit one of Zuko's sparring partners, knocking him out.

Following up that attack with a fire kick, Zuko made quick work of the two firebenders.

Zuko didn't look too happy about his win however as he turned to look at his uncle.

"I need to grow stronger, uncle," said Zuko with a fierce gaze on his face.

Iroh, drinking his tea, paused and turned to look at Zuko and said, "To grow strong, one must train constantly for a long period of time. No one grows strong after just one day of training, nephew."

Frowning at his uncle's words, Zuko couldn't refute his words since his uncle spoke a fact that everyone was aware of. Gaining mastery in something in an instant is something only a monster could possibly accomplish.

Someone who was blessed by the heavens or by the spirits themselves.

Sighing in disappointment, Zuko looked off into the distance, "When will we arrive at the nearest harbor to replenish the items lost in the burnt barracks? We also need to drop off the traitors of the Fire Nation."

Iroh groomed his short beard and answered after a short moment of thinking, "We should be arriving in three days at the nearest harbor."

Nodding at his uncle's words, Zuko headed back to his room to meditate.

Iroh glanced at Zuko's disappearing back with a quiet look.

"This is faster than I thought!"

Fwoosh!

A speedboat was traveling rapidly in the water with a smiling young man on it. Upon closer look at the 'speedboat', it was revealed that it was a simple metallic boat that used to have a motor on it.

With the motor disposed of and the young man 'powering' the boat with his firebending, the boat traveled faster than the young man had initially believed.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Navigation> (Lvl. 21)]

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Adept Firebender> (Lvl. 25)]

After a whole night of traveling and resting, Genji had leveled up both his <Navigation> and <Firebender> skills by a lot. Not only that, but he had gained a new skill!

[<Resting> (Lvl. 11)]

[Resting increases recovery speed of both Vitality and Energy. Removes fatigue and stress. A five hour long rest will remove any negative status effects.]

It was a useful skill that Genji felt was going to be very much needed in his future if he ever ends fighting constantly.

He feels like he ends up being rejuvenated every time he uses the skill!

It was an amazing skill and it would always help him feel like he was wide awake whenever he used this skill.

Right now, Genji was on his way to Kyoshi Island.

Why? Because it's an amazing place where a beauty like Suki is hiding.

'Not just that, she's almost as bendable as Ty Lee. Suki is just way better looking,' thought Genji as he thought about Suki. 'Even better, she's also a tough woman. And tough women are the best because they don't wine or cry about everything.'

With a smile on his face, Genji increased the power of the propulsion flame exiting his hand with a smile on his face.

PFFF!

The water was thrown into the air and instantly evaporated when it touched the blue flame. The boat moved faster than before and it instantly began to crash against the incoming waves as it bounced along the water surface.

"Ugh… I might get sick after this…" muttered Genji with difficulty because of the bouncing.

Looking at Aang from the distance, Katara felt a bit worried about the young boy.

He had just left an iceberg after being hidden for 100 years. Now he suddenly returns but the Airbenders he was once part of had been completely exterminated. They had been killed 100 years ago after Aang's disappearance.

How were they killed? They were killed by various firebenders that rode dragons at the time.

Since Airbenders lived in high places and the only way they could be reached was through being an airbender or having a flying mount, the firebenders relied on the dragons to reach such a place.

It was a shame that after the destruction of the airbenders, the firebenders had started the tradition of hunting down dragons for honor.

With a sad look on her face, Katara focused on Sokka, who was just sleeping and snoring at the moment.

'This lousy brother of mine…' sighed Katara before looking back at Aang who was meditating.

Three days later, early in the morning, Genji was lying down inside the boat with a dead look on his pale face.

Without food or water to drink for the past three days, Genji felt like he was going to die. Although thanks to rest, the pain of hunger and thirst weren't too strong.

'Ugh… I feel like I'm going to die!' groaned Genji as he called up his data panel.

Name: Genji

Level: 0 (2 / 5)

Power (Speed + Strength): 7 (Average Human 5)

Vitality (Healing Speed + Health): 6 (Average Human 5)

Energy: 2 (Average Human 0-1)

Stat Points: 0 (+4 per Level)

Experience Storage: 0 (Can increase Character Level or Skill Level.)

Class Skills-

<Adept Poleman> (Lvl. 20)

<Adept Firebender> (Lvl. 34)

<Novice Martial Artist> (Lvl. 1)

Passive Skills-

<Acting> (Lvl. 14)

<Danger Sense> (Lvl. 19)

<Navigation> (Lvl. 24)

<Resting> (Lvl. 20)

Storage: (Common) Airbender Staff/Glider x1

Despite the dead look present on his face, Genji was actually quite proud of how well his skills were leveling up. Especially his firebending since it's a strong skill he can use.

It pains him to see that his <Poleman> and <Martial Artist> skills are really low. He didn't like having such low skill and he wasn't too sure how he would be needing them in the future, but it was better to level them up than to not have them leveled up and possibly dying because of it.

There wasn't much difference after Genji's <Navigation> had reached level 20. The only noticeable difference was that everything had become very clear to him. Without the feeling from the system, he could gauge which way was North and which was South.

It was a strange feeling, like if he had become a compass that could never fail at all.

He could more or less gauge which route was appropriate to take and which was not.

'Truly weird how skills could become,' thought Genji as he felt his vision darken.

Before his vision turned completely black, Genji noticed a large sea wave coming towards him.

'Fuck…'

Before the wave hit him, Genji heard the system's prompt one more time before the darkness embraced him.

[Ding! Skill leveled up!]

[<Navigation> (Lvl. 25)]

'Destination… reached?'

PWOOSSH!

73