Earning Interest
2.1k 4 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting out of his meditation state and heading outside, Genji walked around for a while and entered an area filled with food stalls right outside of the Combat tournament.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Resting> (Lvl. 29)]

[<Meditation> (Lvl. 4)]

"Ugh… the noise last night didn't let me meditate in peace," mumbled Genji as he looked over at a food stall selling some seafood.

For some odd reason, the people were cheering loudly and they were all happy as if some celebrity had appeared. Genji didn't know what the craze was about and just walked around looking at the surrounding people weirdly.

With some seafood in hand, Genji walked around, wondering what was happening. He glanced around and listened to the conversations of various stall owners talking with their customers.

"I can't believe that she would come over here to this small city!"

"It's surprising and a little unexpected."

"To believe there would be a day when I would see the crown princess in person!"

"I'm sure you would have ended up seeing her one day sooner or later."

"We need to get to the tournament quickly, I heard she was going to be there today to look at the combatants."

"What are you waiting for then?"

"Right!"

"Wai-wait! You need to pay for that!"

Genji's eyebrows were raised and he felt a little shocked at what he had just discovered. It was unexpected to find out that he would end up meeting Azula earlier than he had believed.

'Such a hot and cunning woman…' thought Genji as he remembered Azula and all her amazing actions.

Scratching his chin, Genji put on a pensive look on his face.

He thought about the entire show and the upcoming fights and the war when Sozin's Comet arrives.

Once he remembered everything from the show, Genji thought of something that would be of great help to him.

'Azula… She's a smart woman… If I can manage to join me, I could live a peaceful life in the future.'

What Genji was thinking was something very dangerous for someone like him who isn't very cunning. He would either get used and abused by Azula or get killed by her once she finds out what he was trying to do.

However, if he manages to make her join him, then he would be able to achieve something he just thought up on a whim just now. Take over the Avatar world and more or less rule over it.

If he manages to join hands with Azula, he could take down the Fire Lord and he could even manage to convince her to think that letting the Avatar 'restore balance' will give them control over the world.

'It's a half-assed idea, but it could be possible with the system,' thought Genji as he smiled and threw away his trash. 'If I can learn some skills to help with this, I can properly accomplish some things.'

With his first and major goal ever established, Genji finally knew what he could do to ensure his future in this world so that he can live lavishly and in peace.

Taking over the world with Azula's help.

'Now… I need to play my cards right or I can risk dying without even accomplishing anything…'

With his eyes narrowed into crescent moon slits and a smile on his face, Genji looked like a total cunning fox of a man as he walked over to the area of the Agni Combat Tournament.

Various fighters were standing on top of the ring and everyone was facing the area where the commentator was.

Standing right there was a beautiful woman standing there in the middle of the commentator area. A mocking smile on her face as she gazed at all the fighters before her.

The commentator next to Azula lightly coughed to clear his throat before speaking loudly.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Today we are in the presence of royalty! Princess Azula has graced us with her presence and we are honored to accept her here," said the commentator as he spoke of useless formalities.

Even Azula rolled her eyes a little before looking down on the fighters fighting before her.

"Today! The Princess has come with the mission of taking the winner back to the palace to be trained to become an exceptional warrior of the Princess' personal guards-"

The man was going to continue speaking further and didn't expect to be interrupted by Azula who was standing right next to him.

She smiled and said, "Only the survivor of a free-for-all will be granted this reward. There will be no rules and you are free to do whatever to achieve victory!"

Silence ensued and everyone was shocked by what the Princess, Azula, had just suggested.

"Ah!"

Suddenly, a loud yell of pain erupted from the middle of all the warriors where a man collapsed on the floor with a puddle of blood forming underneath him.

"Jiu! You-! How could you do this?!"

Instantly, various people began to fight after the first man had fallen to the floor with blood flowing out of the large wound on the man's back.

Genji's lips twitched and couldn't believe he was already close to death here. Furrowing his eyebrows, Genji turned his gaze over to Azula and felt his body freeze in shock for a second when he found Azula staring right into his eyes with a sadistic look in her eyes.

Not breaking eye contact, Genji winked at her once he calmed down his shock at Azula's staring.

"Hm?" Azula pulled back her head, shocked at Genji's actions. She furrowed her eyebrows and wondered what that was all about before focusing her attention on Genji.

Genji on the other hand, no longer had the time to be carefree as he constantly parried and blocked the attacks of a pair of twins, both at level 3, at the same time.

Feeling like his numbs were getting numb, Genji knew that he had to counter-attack sooner or later.

Narrowing his eyes, Genji tried to find any openings in their combined attacks.

Focusing his eyesight on their attacks and trying to sense their upcoming moves, Genji felt like his mind was working faster than before.

'An opening!'

Suddenly, Genji managed to see an opening and quickly took charge as he slapped the man to his right with his staff before hitting the man right on his temple with his elbow.

Pa! Bang!

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Adept Poleman> (Lvl. 31)]

[<Adept Martial Artist> (Lvl. 23)]

[<Heightened Senses> (Lvl. 8)]

[<Hyper Sense> (Lvl. 6)]

[<Precision> (Lvl. 3)]

Seeing his skills level up, Genji knew that this was from the effect of using multiple skills at once.

'If I can perfect this… I can pull off some amazing stuff,' thought Genji as he quickly followed up with some attacks on the twins that were attacking him.

Kicking Twin A back and making him fall, Genji focused on Twin B and quickly struck out with his staff as he used his Hyper Sense skill to sense Twin A and the distance between them.

Using his Heightened Senses to deal with Twin B, Genji no longer felt it was difficult to deal with the twins. With one link gone, the combined strength of the two quickly plummeted and Genji was quickly able to neutralize Twin B.

"Ah! Fuck! Let me… make… a move!"

Twin B began getting mad and Genji could feel the air around Twin B getting warmer and instantly understood what was happening.

Jumping back and stabbing his staff forward, Genji struck Twin B on the stomach and knocked the wind out of him.

Wheezing, Twin B fell to the ground gasping for air before Genji finally turned back to Twin A who had already recovered and was running over to them.

Just as Twin A was about to attack him, Genji looked in astonishment as a huge muscular man tackled Twin A into the ground and pummeled his face into the concrete ground.

Pa! Pa! Pa!

Quickly ignoring Twin A who was tackled into the ground, Genji quickly dodged to the side and evaded a swift attack from a firebender's sword.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Danger Sense> (Lvl. 23)]

[<Hyper Sense> (Lvl. 8)]

[<Adept Martial Artist> (Lvl. 24)]

Looking at the firebender swordsman, Genji felt like this just got a little difficult as he looked up at the number four over the firebender's head.

'Damn… just the perfect man for my skill experience grind!'

Quickly exhaling and calming his body, Genji held tightly onto the staff before stabbing out towards the firebender swordsman who was quick to act. He brought out the sword and was about to parry Genji's staff when it suddenly stopped.

'Huh?'

The firebender swordsman frowned and instantly felt like something was wrong and jumped back and was surprised to see a foot flying into his face.

Bang!

The firebender swordsman was pushed back after he blocked the kick to the face with his arm.

[Ding! New skill learnt!]

[<Illusionist> (Lvl. 1)]

[ - Create and shape illusions/hallucinations. Cause targets to see, hear, touch, smell or taste things of which do not actually exist. They can cause the targets of this ability to perceive things differently from what they actually truly are.]

[System Remark: No way! You performed a feint and you got this?! Bullshit!]

Genji's eyebrows twitched and quickly focused back on the man before him as he attacked and blocked various fire blasts and sword attacks.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Adept Poleman> (Lvl. 33)]

[<Hyper Sense> (Lvl. 10)]

[<Heightened Senses> (Lvl. 10)]

[<Novice Illusionist> (Lvl. 5)]

'These trips have been very beneficial,' thought Genji as he felt like he could go toe to toe against this level four opponent of his.

Genji felt like gloating at this very moment since he still has four unused stat points.

"You're very talented," said the firebender swordsman as he looked at Genji with a smirk. "It's a shame the Fire Nation will lose someone talented here."

Genji nodded and revealed a look of pity, "Indeed. The Fire Nation will lose such a talented swordsman."

The firebender swordsman frowned and glared at Genji before waving the sword in his hand a little before running at Genji and trying to cut him.

Genji reacted fast and deflected the sword with the staff before stabbing forward.

Scoffing, the firebender swordsman stomped down his foot and spun around the staff strike.

"Hah! You've used that attack too often already," said the firebender swordsman as he twirled and slashed at Genji as he used his centrifugal force.

Genji smirked and watched as the sword rapidly approached him as it cut through the air.

With a calm look and a sly smile on his face, Genji dropped the staff and kicked it back up with his foot before jumping back rapidly.

This motion happened in the blink of an eye and the firebender swordsman couldn't react in time as the staff hit his hand and loosened his grip on the sword.

With the sword slipping out of his hand and flying away, the firebender swordsman was left with nothing but his firebending now.

Puchi!

"Gah! Damn!"

The sword that flew away hit a young man and cut off one of his arms before he yelled out in pain and anger.

Genji and the firebender swordsman, now just a firebender, didn't concern themselves with this young man and they quickly ran at each other.

Dodging the multiple fire blast sent at his face, Genji felt like the heat wasn't much anymore. However, he was still careful and didn't wish to show his fire resistance to everyone here, especially Azula.

Frowning, Genji felt like he couldn't get near the firebender and quickly fell back to where he dropped his staff before picking it up. With the staff in his hands now, Genji felt like he had a much better chance now that he could also attack from farther away.

'My martial arts skill is still too weak… I'm sure I can deal with the fire somehow through just sheer martial arts,' thought Genji as he held onto the staff and stared into the eyes of the firebender in front of him. 'Though right now isn't the time to test that out.'

Genji turned his head slightly and glanced at Azula who was looking at him with some interest.

74