Extra Edition: Christmas, the season of lovers
878 10 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Trinia, the season for lovers had arrived. The day was Christmas Eve and night had fallen upon everywhere in the world.

In a familiar mansion, Miyama Kaito gazed through his windows to see the snow gently falling and the lights in the streets illuminated.

"Kaito-kun, sorry to keep you waiting~" (Kuro)

The recipient turned to the voice of his wife. His eyes brightened up at the clothes she wore.

Kuromueina had chosen to wear a miniskirt Santa dress for the occasion. The miniskirt reached down to cover her thighs midway and exposed her bare shoulders. And to cover her bare legs, she wore black legwear. Topping it off was the Santa hat on top of her head.

"You’re looking very eager, Kuro." (Kaito)

"Ehehe, that’s because I get to have Kaito-kun all to myself for the whole night on our date." (Kuro)

Kuro cutely smiled, expressing her excitement palpably. Her husband shared her enthusiasm and grabbed her hand, locking their fingers together.

"Let’s go." (Kaito)

"Yeah!" (Kuro)

They shared smiles with each other and departed. The mansion was also bustling with activity with everyone preparing for the Christmas party tomorrow.

"That’s right, Kaito-kun. Lower your body please!" (Kuro)

"Hmm?" (Kaito)

They stopped after leaving the front gates when Kuromueina turned to Kaito with a request. He complied and felt a soft and fluffy texture wrapped around his neck.

It was a red plaid scarf that warmed up the body.

"My gift to you. Regardless of Shiro’s blessing, I wanted to help warm you up as your wife. Being close like this also feels really good." (Kuro)

"Yeah, I agree. How lucky I feel to have you this close to me." (Kaito)

Kuromueina went on her tiptoes to reach Kaito’s head and place her hands on him. The distance between them shortened to where they could kiss each other. She giggled from the intimacy of the act and felt her heart growing warmer along with the blush forming on her face.

She nuzzled up close to him, tapping their noses and rubbing each other’s cheeks. Kaito felt the urge to hug her at this moment and did as such.

After some time, Kuromueina lowered down and hastily grabbed Kaito’s hand, interlocking their fingers in a lover’s hold again and pulling him along.

"C’mon, we’re wasting time. The night is still young!" (Kuro)

"It’s okay for you to act embarrassed." (Kaito)

"Was not~" (Kuro)

She turned her head around and playfully stuck her tongue at him. Her ears were still very red.

The bustling streets of Symphonia Kingdom and its festive mood surrounded them.

 


 

Within a street leading down to the city’s plaza, a couple of foreigners were accompanying each other. The two were attached in the form of using a single scarf wrapped around each other.

"Why am I over here during my winter break…" (Minato)

"Don’t look so grumpy, Minato-sama. You’ll ruin your handsome features. And you know you love being in this world." (Elizabeth)

"True that." (Minato)

Arisato Minato couldn’t help but smile despite his unwillingness. Elizabeth’s visit to his college dorm was unexpected and then he was unilaterally made to take her on a date. Being powerless against her airheaded personality and antics, he racked his brain for the most fitting place on a Christmas date and chose Trinia as the most obvious choice.

"The air in this world is as clean and sweet as ever! Oh, and quite chilly too. I can’t forget about that." (Elizabeth)

"Well duh. It’s winter." (Minato)

"I hardly notice the temperature sometimes with my excessive power." (Elizabeth)

"That’s what you get for being a shut-in otaku isolated from the real world for god knows how long." (Minato)

"How rude! I’ll have you know I’ve been taking plenty of time exploring the world since you’ve been excused as a guest from the Velvet Room." (Elizabeth)

"Uh huh. And how much of that experience will do you any good in another world?" (Minato)

"I hadn’t thought of that until now!" (Elizabeth)

The gullible attitude of Elizabeth’s amused him greatly and brought him to laughter.

"Here, I’ll guide you through Trinia since I’m the more knowledgeable person out of us both." (Minato)

"To have a gentleman like you as my guide again? How wonderful!" (Elizabeth)

"I have no other choice. The city is big and god knows what you’ll do once you run off from me. Which is why I’ve been forced to wrap this single scarf between us." (Minato)

"Lucky me. I get to stay as close to you as possible, to share the warmth of our bodies. Oh, it’s in moments like this where I must latch onto your arm as tightly as possible." (Elizabeth)

"The act loses its charm when you announce it beforehand." (Minato)

"For certain!?" (Elizabeth)

"Not really." (Minato)

Elizabeth pouted at her boyfriend’s coyness. The grin on Minato’s face was quickly lost when a painful sensation came from Elizabeth pinching his side with frightening pressure.

"Okay, okay, I’ll stop being mean for now." (Minato)

"That’s better." (Elizabeth)

Elizabeth was satisfied with his response and went back to admiring the sights around her.

A few stalls came and went by as they walked. Some of them piqued the interest of Elizabeth and she’d inquire about the merchandise. Naturally, anything she wanted was paid for from Minato’s own pocket.

"Hmm? Look, it’s Cou and Ren." (Minato)

Minato looked up from the stall and saw a familiar pair across the other side of the street.

Coud Van Giruet and Reverie Metherlence. Visitors from another world, just like the former Persona-user and former elevator attendant.

"If I recall correctly, you mentioned those two are also members from the group chat. We should go greet them as fellow otherworlders!" (Elizabath)

"I haven’t even said if I agreed or not. Gah!" (Minato)

For Minato whose power was delegated elsewhere, he was helpless against Elizabeth dragging him across the street to where Cou and Ren were.

"Greetings you lovers currently flirting with each other from another world!" (Elizabeth)

"F-Flirting!?" (Cou)

"Oh, I didn’t realize it sooner…" (Ren)

When told they were acting flirty with each other, Cou had a dumb smile on his face, engrossed in his own fantasies. Ren’s reaction was more subdued, as if she expected to see Minato with a girl in tow.

"So, what’s the captain of the Bunny Ear Sky Pirates and his girlfriend doing out here in Trinia?" (Minato)

"You really aren’t keeping yourself updated with the group much do ya, Minato? It’s for the same reason you’re here with this pretty lady." (Cou)

"So there’s going to be more of us around in this world for the season. Any idea who they are?" (Minato)

"Only established couples are coming in droves. There’s going to be an event at the city’s plaza where the giant christmas tree is going to be lit up. Kaito said it’s a popular location for lovers to visit to get good luck and to improve their relationship." (Cou)

"An event run by superstition then. No, if Kaito’s involved, then perhaps it might really be serious…" (Minato)

"You really do get it. As expected of the member who has known Kaito the longest." (Cou)

Minato nodded sagely, self-aware that he did indeed had the greatest grasp on how much influence Kaito carried with him.

"Will he appear there I wonder? There’s going to be some kind of commotion in that case." (Minato)

"That sounds fun. I’m really looking forward to it." (Cou)

"Look, there’s Kaito coming over here." (Ren)

The Edel Raid pointed at a direction and directed everyone’s attention to the familiar figure of the group chat’s leader. Alongside him was Kuromueina waving with bubbly excitement.

"Yo, Cou, Ren. It’s been a while, Minato-kun. I see you’ve brought your date with you." (Kaito)

"It’s great to see you again, Kaito-san. You too, Kuromu-sama." (Minato)

"Yo, boss! Happy holidays to you." (Cou)

"We were enjoying wyvern meat on skewers together. Want to try some?" (Ren)

Ren lifted her skewer to show the meat brimming with savory juices.

"Ooohh, the smell has caught my interest. What a savory appearance, I’ve no doubt of the quality of this delicacy." (Elizabeth)

Elizabeth seemed to water at the sight of the food. Her partner grimaced at losing more of his expenses later.

"That’s a good idea. I know where this piece of meat is sold, so let’s go, everyone." (Kuro)

The prospect of food got Kuromueina pumped up. As such, the three pairs joined up together and followed the resident foodie’s direction.

Cou and Ren were sharing the single skewer they bought, taking turns to bite the meat. This inspired the other females of the group and so they dragged their respective partners with quickened steps.

The stall where the skewers were sold was found and sold them what they wanted after paying a generous amount of money.

As they enjoyed the wyvern meat, Kaito spoke to his friends.

"Do you guys plan on going to the plaza to see the star on the Christmas tree be illuminated?" (Kaito)

"We’re going there as soon as possible." (Kuro)

"We’ll be there later than you two. Elizabeth still wants to go sightseeing around." (Minato)

"Me and Ren are feeling the same. We’re hanging around the streets a little longer." (Cou)

Kaito nodded and parted ways with the group together with Kuro. After the two’s departure, Ren turned her attention to the remaining two males of the group.

"I’m still surprised at how much you two sound the same." (Ren)

"You’re right. Identical even. It has been bothering me for quite some time." (Elizabeth)

Cou and Minato glanced at each other awkwardly.

"We don’t sound so alike that I’d call it identical." (Minato)

"Yeah yeah! My voice sounds more like Ishida Akira’s!" (Cou)

"That’s the same for both of us!" (Minato)

 


 

In the plaza where the main event is scheduled, another pair was sitting by themselves at a cafe. A certain masked man and a woman with distinct cat ears drank their coffee as the snow fell gently on their shoulders

"How are you enjoying this time away from Rhodes Island?" (Doctor)

"How am I feeling…if I had to describe it, I’m feeling mixed and out of place." (Kal’tsit)

"I see. I was worried you were going to go on a very verbose sermon again." (Doctor)

The Feline across from him sharpened her eyes which forced Doctor to raise his hands in surrender.

"It’s nice to take a day off where all the troubles are far away. I do believe we both need and deserve this." (Doctor)

"Maybe you’re right…But there’s still too much to be done for us to relax just yet." (Kal’tsit)

"The creation and spread of a cure for Originium, the succession fight for the throne of Victoria, the dismantling of the former Kazimierz Major, the demons in the north, the seaborne…Any one of those is enough to warrant this." (Doctor)

"I see the merit in your words." (Kal’tsit)

The Doctor nodded in satisfaction, taking another sip of his cup. His partner looked away to see the happy smiles of people celebrating the holiday.

"For the few times I’ve been in this world, I must say it’s the very picture of idyllic. No wars, no discrimination based on race…" (Kal’tsit)

She sighed in admiration. Thinking to herself, she questioned if her world could ever reach the same state as Trinia.

"Our world, Terra, will definitely reach that goal. That’s why Rhodes Island exists." (Doctor)

The words spoken were as if the Doctor had read her thoughts. Kal’tsit mulled over it and the tips of her mouth curled up slightly.

"I’ll hold your words to that, Doctor." (Kal’tsit)

"I’m proud that you have such expectations for me." (Doctor)

The two continued to chat with each other over trivial matters unrelated to Rhodes Island, its ideals, and their mission.

 


 

Taking place in the plaza and right below the giant Christmas Tree, Adlet Mayer was leading Fremy Speeddraw around.

"How are you enjoying Trinia these days, Fremy?" (Adlet)

"It’s nice. The people are too kind. They don’t show any concern or pay attention to my situation that much." (Fremy)

"Hehe, I was confident you could easily find somewhere to belong in Trinia. Humans, Demons, Gods, everyone’s too busy getting along with each other here to care at all if you’re half kyouma. This world is the perfect place for someone like you." (Adlet)

"Mm. It’s warm here." (Fremy)

A small smile appeared on Fremy’s face. It felt wonderful to be somewhere where she can be herself without hiding what she is.

Adlet widely grinned at seeing the bright glow in Fremy’s eyes, feeling proud of what he had accomplished.

"And it’s all thanks to my negotiation skills! I had to go through an arduous battle of words and wits to take you here, much less get you citizenship." (Adlet)

"Convincing Kaito doesn’t sound like much of a challenge. That guy would do anything to help someone." (Fremy)

"Don’t be like that. Consider this, befriending him is much more difficult than you can imagine! But it’s true that this wouldn’t be possible without him." (Adlet)

"I know. I have both him and you to thank for. Especially you for working so hard for me." (Fremy)

Adlet scratched his cheek in embarrassment, feeling a blush rise up and avoiding eye contact with Fremy. He jumped when he felt her silently grab his hand. The warmth of her hand was transmitted to him, and he felt a lot more self-conscious of her.

"O-Oh, that reminds me…Hey, it’s Tanjiro! C’mon, let’s go say hi!" (Adlet)

Fremy giggled at Adlet’s moment of bashfulness. She had never felt so much happiness before coming here with him.

It didn’t take long to reach where Tanjiro was. There was a girl together with him handing out presents to passersby.

"Adlet-san! I was thinking I’d see you again." (Tanjiro)

"It’s wonderful to see you again, Tanjiro. Who’s this with you?" (Adlet)

"This is Tsuyuri Kanao. My wife." (Tanjiro)

"It’s nice to meet you, Adlet-san. My husband tells me stories about you." (Kanao)

Kanao did a little bow as a greeting. The news of Tanjiro being married seemed to have shocked Adlet a great deal.

"M-Married with a wife this beautiful, huh…Well, those stories Tanjiro tells you don’t carry enough of my greatness mind you. You can confirm just how different I am now that I’m here standing before you!" (Adlet)

"Stop being so embarrassing." (Fremy)

Adlet being his usual boisterous self, especially in front of his friend’s wife, gave Fremy a lot of second-hand embarrassment. Her voice caught the attention of Kanao who looked at her.

"That horn on your head…That must make you Fremy Speeddraw. Adlet’s wife-to-be." (Kanao)

The admission from Kanao got Adlet to sputter and for Fremy to turn demure.

"You, don’t mind what I am? I heard you used to be a demon slayer." (Fremy)

"Oh, that was quite a long time ago. I can tell you’re nothing like the bloodthirsty demons I remember. There was a time when Tanjiro’s little sister was a demon and we got along fine. You have nothing to worry about." (Kanao)

The kind smile of Kanao’s relaxed Fremy’s tension enough for her to shyly nod. Adlet took this time to cut in.

"Leaving that aside, what are you two doing?" (Adlet)

"There’s a small business out here handing out free presents to strangers to cheer them up and we’re helping. Families or couples are especially who we’re supposed to be giving these to." (Tanjiro)

"Handing out presents is it? Then celebrate, since the strongest man in the world is here, no one holds a candle to me at delivering smiles to people’s faces!" (Adlet)

"I’ll help too since that’s what Adlet wants." (Fremy)

The unusual human and half-kyouma pair joined up with the married couple to distribute presents for the cold season.

"By the way, who asked you to do this?" (Adlet)

"It was Himmel-san’s idea. He said as a hero it’s expected of him to brighten everyone’s day for the holiday. One way or another, it led to him doing this. He then asked for me to lend him a hand, and I had no reason to refuse him." (Tanjiro)

"So it was Himmel. Hah, so what if he’s a hero…As the strongest man in the world, this job is more fitting for me than it does for him." (Adlet)

Tanjiro did an awkward chuckle at the unusual spirit of competition being provoked in his friend.

At another location in the middle of the plaza, Himmel, the hero mentioned by Tanjiro, sneezed.

"Did you catch a cold?" (Frieren)

"That wouldn’t be possible. But if I did, would you be there to take care of me?" (Himmel)

"I’ll think about it." (Frieren)

Accompanying the hero was Frieren, the elf mage that once followed him as a member of his adventurers party.

"I have to thank you again for being here with me. I know you’ve been busy with other matters back in our world." (Himmel)

"It’s nothing. Besides, this is a good opportunity to look for more spells in this world." (Frieren)

"How surprising of you to pick up a hobby like that." (Himmel)

"Let’s just say someone inspired me to do it." (Frieren)

"Haha, I would like to meet this person one day then." (Himmel)

The hero and elf smiled at each other and resumed their task of handing out presents to the people coming through the plaza.

"This is a lot of people. Is there something special that’s about to happen?" (Frieren)

"I wonder. I’ve been hearing rumors that the God of Love comes here to provide a shower of blessings to those looking to improve their relationship with their loved ones." (Himmel)

"The God of Love…I guess that has nothing to do with us." (Frieren)

"Gah!" (Himmel)

"Is something the matter?" (Frieren)

Frieren turned to see Himmel down on one knee clutching his chest in seeming pain.

"Nothing really…only my hopes and dreams shattering is all." (Himmel)

"I don’t really understand." (Frieren)

Befuddled, Frieren tilted her head while Himmel stood up again with a bitter smile.

"It hurts to be single during the season for lovers." (Himmel)

"I see. But you’re not really alone, Himmel." (Frieren)

"You mean it!?" (Himmel)

Himmel whipped his head to look at Frieren with rekindled light in his eyes. She nodded at him before pointing in a certain direction.

"Look, Gojo’s here, and he doesn’t have a lover." (Frieren)

Like she said, Gojo Satoru was off in one corner of the plaza singing a Christmas carol to the crowd.

"Over there too. Kirschtaria is playing the part of Santa for the kids." (Frieren)

Frieren pointed to another direction where Kirschtaria Wodime was wearing a plump Santa costume with a beard, acting as Santa and uplifting the spirits for the kids that get to sit on his lap.

Himmel slumped his shoulders in disappointment.

"So that’s what you mean…" (Himmel)

"Is there another meaning I missed?" (Frieren)

"No, you’re right. It’s my fault for expecting something else." (Himmel)

"Hmm……" (Frieren)

Frieren became troubled over how to cheer up her friend and this is reflected on her face.

"Well, let’s forget about those loners for now." (Frieren)

"Guh!" (Himmel)

"Er, hey look, it’s the Seventh Hokage. And he’s come with his family." (Frieren)

Near the Christmas tree, Uzumaki Naruto was in his citizens clothes along with his wife and two kids. He lifted Boruto up on his shoulders so that he could reach a height to hang a decoration on the tree’s branches.

"Even Naruto is here despite his busy schedule. Watching him spend time with his family, you can’t help but warm up to the sight." (Himmel)

"Yeah, good for him. And over there you can see Hajime along with two of his lovers." (Frieren)

Off to the side, Hajime was being pressed on both sides by Yue and Shirasaki Kaori. Right now, he looked very uncomfortable from whatever argument the two were having with him stuck between them.

"Two girlfriends……How lucky." (Himmel)

"What?" (Frieren)

Himmel felt the already cold air drop a few more degrees behind his back. He turned to peek at Frieren’s unchanged expression, but there was a sharpness in her eyes that seemed like she was trying to dig daggers into him.

"Oh, no, I mean how lucky he is to have someone to spend time with him tonight. And two no less!" (Himmel)

"Yeah, that makes sense." (Frieren)

That seemed to placate Frieren. Feeling like he’s in the clear again, Himmel breathed a sigh of relief and felt a tinge of happiness. He learned that even Frieren could express jealousy.

"Himmel, even if you still feel lonely tonight, I’ll be here by your side." (Frieren)

"Haha, thank you, Frieren." (Himmel)

The mood seemed good and the two naturally joined hands together. They smiled at each other one more time before looking over at the Christmas tree.

"It’s starting soon." (Himmel)

"Yeah, Christmas is about to begin." (Frieren)

Everyone in the plaza and those in the streets near it put their full attention towards the center. The time for the date to change is approaching and thus mark the beginning of Christmas.

Somewhere in the crowd, Kaito and Kuromueina watched with bated breaths for the star to be lit. They held hands tightly, excitement filling their bodies.

"What do you want for Christmas, Kaito-kun?" (Kuro)

"Let’s see…I’d be happy if you’d stay with me the entire time." (Kaito)

"Ehehe, that kind of present is too easy." (Kuro)

Everyone else not from Trinia who came here with their loved ones came over to the crowd to be present for the moment as well. Minato and Elizabeth, Cou and Ren, Doctor and Kal'tsit, Adlet and Fremy, Tanjiro and Kanao, Himmel and Frieren, Naruto and Hinata, and Hajime with Yue and Kaori.

For those who didn’t have a significant other with them…they won’t get a mention.

At that moment after some waiting, the decorations on the tree lit up and the star on the top shone with a brilliant light that could be seen across the city.

A spectacle of lights also flew off the tree, hovering around the air and swaying above the crowd. There was a roar in the crowd as everyone hollered and cheered, expressing their gratitude to each other.

"Merry Christmas, Kaito-kun!" (Kuro)

Kuromueina took that moment to leap at Kaito, hugging him tightly and planting a kiss on his cheek who looked ecstatic by it.



 


Afterword:

Hello again readers. This is the author here and it’s been a while. I’m proud to say I’m back with writing this story again, and some of you may have noticed it already from my activity as of late. I was inspired to write this extra chapter because of rewatching Elemental Gelade and rereading the manga lately. Plus, it's Christmas, so it's a good time to post something mainly for some of my beloved couples in anime and manga.

There are new faces introduced early in this extra chapter for sure. Especially Cou and Ren from Elemental Gelade, Adlet and Fremy from Rokka no Yuusha, Himmel and Frieren from Frieren: Beyond Journey's End.

Moving forward to my plans for the story, you might have noticed that I’ve gone back to revising some of the previous chapters. I plan on revamping the early parts such as the Chernobog escape arc from Arknights to include more content and changing things up. After that I intend to rewrite the RWBY arc up to where I stopped and continue the story from there. You can consider the previous chapters to be outdated until they're marked with a chapter number.

You’ll also notice I published a few in-between chapters numbered with 0.5. That’s the R-18 content I’ve written on a whim and I thought of posting it somewhere for those interested to read it without disrupting the flow for those not interested in that content. Expect to see more of them when the story isn’t dealing with major arcs at the time.

I’ve also made a decision to solely write my fanfic on Scribblehub and discontinue it from Webnovel. I love the format of this site far more and have lost all motivation to pay attention to other sites.

There’s also been some new stuff I’ve included inside the glossaries for this fanfiction, so check that out if you want to spoil yourself on stuff such as the identities for the new servants in the next arc featuring Fate/Zero or some of the new future members of the primary group chat.

Speaking of arcs, I might as well talk about what arcs I’ve got planned after RWBY and Fate/Zero. There have been some worlds I’ve already planned to write about in the future and here are some of them in no particular order.

- Demon Slayer

- Hyperdimension Neptunia

- Fate/Grand Order

- Pokemon

- Godzilla Earth

And I guess that’s pretty much it? Anyways, glad to be back for writing all of this. I’m sure to publish all of the early rewritten Arknights chapters in a mass release some time soonish.

9