Chapter 10: It’s Not Worth It
645 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Awkward, this whole situation is so awkward. Luke and Makino are currently riding on a small boat to deliver some supplies to another island's village. What makes this situation awkward is that the boat is too small and packed with wooden boxes, so Makino has no other option than to sit on Luke's lap.

He can feel the softness of her plump buttocks being pressed against his thighs. Makino's face was blushing because she was embarrassed at her current position. She didn't plan to go to Dusk Island with Luke, but lately, pirate activity has increased rapidly, and because of that, her father told Luke to accompany her to deliver the supplies.

"I'm sorry for my father's action." Makino apologizes, looking down at her thighs.

"Nah, it's fine," Luke replied. He didn't want to admit it out loud, but he enjoyed the sensation of her butt being pushed against his thighs.

(Yugure Village - Dusk Island)

"Thank you, Makino, for consistently delivering this to us." The village chief bowed his head at her. Apparently, the supplies delivered are free of charge because the Yugure Village's citizens are victims of a Hideous Pirate named James and no, it's ain't James Bond. All of their belongings were taken away by the pirates.

"Don't need to thank me, chief. It's all thanks to my father's kindness." Makino replied with a warm smile. Woop Slap is a close friend to the chief of Yugure Village back in their younger days, so it is natural for friends to have each other back.

"Ahahahaha, Woop Slap still the same ain't he."

Luke smiled at their interaction. He didn't want to be a bother, so he decided to stand a bit far away from Makino and the Village's Chief. For some reason, he feels uneasy about this village; no children are playing in public, and the citizens are peeking at him and Makino from their windows.

"System, don't you find it kind of strange?"

[What do you mean by strange? Are you talking about the villagers?]

Luke nodded at System's question about why the villagers, besides the chief, hid from him and Makino. It doesn't make sense at all. Something is not right with this village.

[Hmmmm...From what I see, they are kind of nervous and afraid of something.]

"I see that kind of interesting. Now let's see what makes the villagers feel like that."

He walked to one of the houses and knocked on the door. No one answered; strange, he was pretty sure there were people in the house because he could clearly see some people were looking at him from the window. What are they trying to hide?

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" out of nowhere a high pitch scream can be heard from his left side. That voice is so familiar to him. There is only one person that he knows who has that kind of voice.

'Makino!'

—————————————————————————

---[Mission Alert]---

[Save Makino from Captain James and his Crew before it's too late]

>Time limit: 5 Minutes

> Rewards: Captain James's Bounty, 10 Crystals, and 200 EXP

> Penalty: Makino being taken away

---[Mission Aler]---

—————————————————————————

Makino being taken away is a big no for Luke. He will not let the big sister figure for Lucy and Ann be hurt by some shitty pirates. Not to mention what Luke will answer to the Woop Slap, who entrusts his daughter's safety to Luke.

"Let me go!" Makino tried to push the pirate hand from her wrist. Her clothes are already being stripped from her leaving her in underwear. It is clear to him what the pirates gonna do to her, and he will not let them.

"Come here, let me taste your sweat~." All of the pirates laughed at their captain's pervy attitude.

"NOOO!"

Before the man could do anything to Makino, a kick was delivered to his face launching him far away. "Oi, scum." Luke caught Makino in a bridal style. James's crew widened their eyes at Luke's sudden appearance.

"What are you doing to Miss Makino?"

"*Sniff* Luke *Sniff*" Makino wrapped her hand around his neck and planted her face in his shoulder.

"You bastard!"

"Who the fuck are you!?"

"You will pay for that!"

"Wait, you guys! Let me handle this piece of shit!" Before the pirates can rush at him. The guy that Luke kicked stopped them by raising his voice. Oh boy, he really looks incredibly pissed at Luke.

"Piece of shit?" Luke placed Makino down gently to the ground. The poor woman still didn't stop sniffing. He can't blame her for that. She ain't a strong person like Lucy and Ann; she is just an ordinary citizen.

He summoned [Engulfing Lightning] in his right hand. He gritted his teeth in anger "The Piece of shit here is none other than you!" due to the effect of his weapon, his eyes began to change from brown to violet.

"Bring it on!" James pulled out a gun and pointed it at Luke. The pirates around James began to cheer his name while raising their arms. Makino stopped crying as she began to call for Luke in worry.

"Makino, don't think much, okay? It will be fine." He gave her a pat on her green hair before walking slowly toward James, who was still smiling like an idiot.

"DIE!"

"Shut up." Before James can pull the trigger, his heart has already been stabbed by Luke's Naginata. It was done in a flash, with no flashy attack name and no showing off to the enemy. Makino covered her mouth at the death of the captain while the other pirates were scared for their life.

"So, who's next?"

(After One-Side Massacre by Luke)

"Luke, are you okay?" Makino looked at him in worry. His body was covered by blood, not his blood but his enemy's. Despite watching Luke fighting ruthlessly like a demon when killing off the pirates, she is still not afraid of him.

After all, he is the one who safe her from an undesirable fate.

"I'm fine, Miss Makino," Luke said with a smile. It was kind of scary when his face was covered with blood. He stripped his blood-covered jacket and threw it at Makino. "Miss Makino, please cover yourself. You only need to show that kind of stuff to your husband."

Makino accepted the jacket and covered her exposed body with it. "Thanks.." She muttered, looking down at her feet with a blush covering her face. The village chief comes out of a house, walking to them.

"Makino, I'm so-" before the old man could finish, Luke punched him in the face. Makino widened her eyes at Luke's sudden action. "Luke, what are you doing!?"

"This man set us up," Luke muttered; Makino's gaze began to soften at his declaration. She knows it, but she still can't accept someone as kind as the village chief will sell her to a pirate.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO OUR CHIEF!?"

"YOU DEMON, HOW DARE YOU!?"

"GO AWAY!"

One by one, the villagers come out of their house, throwing a bunch of stuff at him. Makino looked at the villagers in shock; instead of being grateful for Luke's action, they decided to take their anger on him.

"Don't Miss Makino...Let's go." Luke muttered, stopping Makino from yelling at the ungrateful villagers. Makino looked down at the ground, angry at the villager's action.

"It's not worth it.."

With that statement, Luke and Makino take their leave from the island. It's clear that the villagers are afraid of him, especially after what he did to all the pirates.

What a shitty day... Well, at least Makino's ass still feels as great as ever.

21