Chapter 15: The Reunion
541 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luke took a deep breath as he looked at Dawn Island. It has been eight months since he left the island and nine months after Ann's pregnancy. Despite only living on the island for a year and a half, Luke can't help but feel like he belongs there.

 

[The island is still the same.]

 

"This is it. I'm back." Luke muttered fondly before he could come down from the ship.

 

"SKY-GUY!!!!!!!" someone intentionally crashed into him. The back of his head met with the hardwood of the ship floor while his face was smashed between two giant marshmallows.

 

"Urgggghhh...this kind of feeling...Is that you, Lucy?"

 

"Shishishishishi, I miss you." Lucy pulled her body away from Luke and gave him a bright smile before giving him a hug.

 

"I miss you too..." Luke placed his palm on her head. "You seem a bit bigger than before."

 

"Of course! And stronger too!" To Luke, Lucy's actual height doesn't increase because she looks the same height-wise, but the things that get more prominent are her breasts pressed against his stomach. What the heck did she even eat?

 

[She totally didn't notice that you meant her breasts instead of her height, despite how obvious your statement is.]

 

'Shut up [System]'

 

"How is Ann?" Luke began to rub Lucy's head. The girl can't help but enjoy the feeling of Luke's affection.

 

"Oh, Let's go to Makino's house!" Lucy literally forgot the whole purpose of why she came here after being rubbed by Luke in the head.

 

"Eh, Wait, Lucy!" Before Luke could say anything, Lucy pulled his arm and began to run toward Makino's house.

 

(Makino's House - Dawn Island)

 

"We are here!" Lucy shouted as she created a hole in Makino's house with a punch. Seriously does this girl even know what the purpose of a door is? "Ouch! What was that for Makino!" Makino gives a hard chop with her left hand on Lucy's head.

 

"Lucy, the babies are sleeping!" Makino scolded Lucy while pulling her cheek. Dadan decides to get back home after Lucy goes to bring Luke, so Makino is the one who will keep Lucy under check.

 

"Ahahahaha....Hello there"

 

"Luke, you are back!" after Luke enters the house through the hole, Makino stops pulling Lucy's cheek and pulls Luke in a passionate hug.

 

"I'm back, Makino." He tightens the hug between him and Makino.

 

"If you are looking for Ann, she is in my room on the second floor."

 

"Thanks, Makino, for looking after Ann."

 

"Ann is like my little sister, so you don't need to thank me."

 

(Makino's room - Dawn Island)

 

As he walked in, he could see his lover Ann resting on the bed in a sitting position with two little babies sleeping beside her. Ann, who noticed him give a smile.

 

"Hey..."

 

"Hey..."

 

They greeted each other at the same time, totally an awkward reunion. Ann giggled silently while Luke rubbed the back of his head with a sheepish smile. They stare at each other in silence, don't know how to start a conversation.

 

"Ummmm...I'm back." Luke said, trying to break the silence between them.

 

"Welcome back, Luke." Ann gives him a warm smile.

 

"So...Did you eat yet?" Ann sighed at the question that came out of Luke's mouth. Luke, who noticed Ann's reaction, just raised his eyebrows. "What?"

 

"Seriously, Luke? Of all questions you can ask me, is that the one you are asking? And don't just stay near the door; come here and see your children." Ann gestures her hand, calling for Luke.

 

"Ah..." Not seeing Ann for months makes him feel a bit nervous despite looking forward to the reunion. Makino and Lucy are another matter because they aren't the woman he left when she was pregnant. He walked towards Ann and sat on the chair next to the bed.

 

"So this is my brats...A twin? What is their name-Ouch! What was that for!?" Ann pulled his right cheek.

 

"Don't call them your brats; they are our daughters." Ann pouted cutely.

 

"Heh...so what's their name?" Luke grinned as he poked Ann's left puffed cheek with his index finger.

 

"The freckles one is Ainsworth Rouge, and another is Ainsworth Rachel."

 

"Rouge and Rachel, I like those names and...Isn't Rouge your mother's name?"

 

"Yup...It was." Ann said affectionately. She may not know much about her mother, but she respects her mother because she keeps her in the belly for thirteen months before passing away.

 

"Rouge, have your freckles, and Rachel has your nose," Luke said as he stared at their sleeping babies before bringing his attention back to look at Ann's face. "Wait, I just remembered something important."

 

"What is it?"

 

"So, can you now produce milk? Can I taste-Ouch! Hey, that is so rude!" Before Luke could finish his statement, Ann chopped him with her right hand. She glared at Luke with a very reddened face.

 

"Idiot, stop thinking about perverted things."

 

"Ahahahaha.... can't help it, you know," Luke said sheepishly, but from the look of it, he was pretty sure that Ann would let him suck on her titties once she recovered. "By the way, Ann."

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"I don't want to bring them with us." Ann widened her eyes after hearing what Luke had just said.

 

"What did you just say? Stop kidding around, Luke. They need us."

 

"Calm down, Ann and please listen to me."

 

(Bathroom - Makino's house)

 

[Do you think it was wise to leave the babies in Dadan's care instead of taking them with you?]

 

'It is still better than taking them with us, which can endanger their life. No need to worry [System]. I told her that we will visit both Rouge and Rachel three times a year and bring them aboard once they turn five.'

 

[You have a point but making them grow up without their parents...is kind of harsh.]

 

'It is for the best.' Luke can't help but compare himself to Ging Freecss from Hunter x Hunter. Both leave their child in other people's care and go on a journey to achieve their dream. But hey, at least Luke will visit his children, unlike Ging, who tries his best to avoid child support.

 

Let's just hope that his children won't hate him once they grow up.

 

For those who wonder about Garp's reaction, there is no need to worry Garp will appear in this volume. Starting tomorrow, I will be free for a week, so I will try my best to update as fast as possible.

24