4: Force Control
58 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

•~•~•~•~•

After a maid laid out a mat, our grandfather sits on it and motions us to sit too.

"Come here, Shinji, Subin."

My twin and I sat beside each other and we felt a hand on our back.

"Both of you, the power is in your heart," he told us.

"The power spreads to the rest of your body like blood. I'm going to channel my power into you, to let you feel how to move it and cultivate it yourselves." their grandfather told them. He then followed with, "You have to remember how I move it, understand?"

"Yes!" we respond.

"All right, you're both going to feel a cold energy enter you."

After that, my back started to feel cold and then it spread to my chest.

Well, to be honest, it isn't really cold. It feels like when you eat anything mint-flavored and then drink something cold afterward.

It feels like that but spread throughout my body.

"I'm going to move it now, so pay attention." said my grandfather.

Now the energy focuses on my chest as it advances to my arms and my lower body.

...

After a few minutes,

"Now, both of you try."

I try to move all of the new energy but it keeps "slipping" from my control. It's like scooping water using my hands.

...

I idiotically do this for a long time.

But I change my methods and I just gradually move part of it and it works!

Fucking Finally.

I look beside me and I see Subin making a struggling face.

Phew, it looks like it's not just me who's struggling.

...

{Lee Hin-Su (Grandpa) POV}

Both of them are prodigies...

Not even a day and they can already do this much?...

Kuhum. Well considering that I'm their Grandfather, I'm not really surprised.

Alright, I put my hand on their backs again so that I can see how skilled they are at moving the energy.

Since this was their first time, I was expecting them to move only a little energy...

But not this!

It's only been a few hours and they already channeled the energy throughout their bodies?

I thought they would ask me for help...

If Han-Ji sees this, maybe he'd stop worrying about them and finally become the Head...

[A/N: Han-Ji is the name I gave their father.]

...

{Shinji POV}

"All right. That's enough, both of you. You can take a rest." Our Grandfather tells Subin and me.

Hearing that, both I and Subin lay on the mat, exhausted.

"I'll be right back. I'm just going to talk to your father," he adds.

...

Learning another Force Control is very fucking exhausting...

If my ability is compatible with the Cryokinesis Force Control and it's this tiring, imagine how hard the others are...

...

...

...

Wait...

Hold the damn phone!

Is it possible to learn multiple Force Controls?...

It must be, right!?

Jiwoo learned Kayden's Force Control... and that old man principal's...

If... If... I find someone willing to teach me...

I can be the fucking Avatar!

If this works... I already have the Water Ability down. Jisuk has the Wind Manipulation... Klein Brothers have Fire... Who has the Earth Ability...?

Eh, I'll worry about that later. But... I need to test something!

"Hey, Subin."

"... Yeah..?" she answers.

"Can you move the energy, again?" I request.

"But why?... I don't wanna..."

"I'll give you a lollipop later."

"Make it two and you have a deal!" she replies.

"Deal."

She sits back down and uses the Force Control.

I place my hand on her back and place in a very small amount of my energy in her.

After that, I can suddenly feel the energy inside her body moving.

It fucking worked!

With this, I doubt that someone would just willingly teach me their force control, so maybe I just need to see/feel it! There's a chance I can replicate the way they use it!

Why haven't the High Rankers used this yet..?

Well, it's probably hard to ask someone to teach them their own Force Control... But I don't really know.

Who knows, maybe the Strongest Awakeners have multiple Abilities. I just don't know because they're so damn mysterious!..

...

{General POV}

After a few minutes...

"Shinji, Subin! Is it true? Have you learned your grandfather's Force Control?" questioned the father of the children.

"Yeah! Though we're a bit tired..." Subin answers.

"Do you believe me now?" asked the grandfather.

"Okay, father. I'm going to agree, but only if there are bodyguards surrounding them..." sighed Han-Ji.

"Of course. They're my grandchildren. You think I'd just let them be unsafe?"

...

'Okay, what are they talking about...' wondered Shinji.

...

A few weeks later...

{Shinji POV}

Okay.

I found out what they were talking about.

It seems like our father refused to be the Head of the Awakened Union because he wanted to take care of us.

Understandable...

When he became the Head, there was this huge "party", and many Powerful Awakeners were there... and so were their gullible Awakened children...

Hehehehehe... Insert the raccoon rubbing their hands together GIF...

[Flashback]

In an extravagant building, it is filled with numerous groups of people.

"You're finally the Head of the Union now, Han-Ji!" laughed a man heartily as he pats Shinji's father's back.

"Yeah... I've come to terms on certain things now and with my father getting older, we both thought I should take on the position..." Han-Ji replied.

"Oh! By the way, where are Shinji and Subin? I think Jisuk and Jiyoung enjoyed their company the last time they met..." Mr. Yoo said.

"I think they're on the fondue station..."

...

A few moments later,

As the door opens, another group of people comes in...

They could see an Old Man, a married couple, and a nervous-looking kid hiding behind the couple's back.

'Hm?' thought Shinji as he put another strawberry in his mouth. 'Another target!'

****

What did you think of the chapter?

3