16: Test Dummies (II)
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

•~•~•~•~•~•

"All right. Next batch!" said the Professor.

...

'Damn. Can she only control metal or is it full-on magnetic force? But even so, that's still one useful ability.' thought Shinji.

...

As he faced the machine, it spoke.

"Name?"

"Shinji-" replied Shinji but he was cut off by a metal ball coming in his direction.

The boy jumped sideways, nearly getting hit by the ball.

"Shinji Lee, Reaction Time: C" spoke the machine in a robotic voice.

"Playing dirty, are we? Then so will I!"

...

Meanwhile, in another part of the test...

A boy dodged an incoming metal ball and rubber bullet with a battle-crazed face.

"Come on, Machine!" he shouted.

"Caspian Loden, Reaction Speed: B..."

The boy then punched the robot with full force.

Seemingly unscathed, the machine spoke again,

"Strength: B."

...

As the machine was wrapped with tree roots, it spoke,

"Thorne Grimland, Technique: C."

When Thorne twisted his hand, the roots tightened their grip on the robot, prompting it to speak,

"Strength: C."

...

"Duke Greyne, Reaction Speed: B." spoke a machine as a student was dodging all of its attacks.

Duke Greyne counterattacked with his hands. After he threw his last punch, the test dummy noted,

"Strength: D."

As the robot noted, Duke's face went from calm to annoyed. So, with a sigh, he raised his hands. In doing so, summoning balls of red energy. He launched the balls of energy towards the robot.

After it made contact, the robot, still standing, spoke.

"Updating..... Strength: B."

...

Finally coming back to Shinji's test, the robot was covered in ice.

"Technique: C," it spoke as it was trying to melt the thick ice.

But, as the ice turned to water, it kept freezing. It was an unending ice trap.

"Yeah, b*tch! You thought you were the only one who can play dirty?" exclaimed Shinji with a massive grin.

"Updating..... Technique: B."

But, after only a few moments, the boy's grin turned into an annoyed frown when the robot spoke.

"Overheating..."

After it spoke, its whole body turned red, melting all of the ice encasing it. It then released a blast of air, blowing the water away.

"Tch."

...

After a few more minutes of dodging and attacking the robot, the Professor finally told them to stop for the next batch of students.

"Conclusion. Shinji Lee, Strength: C, Reaction Speed: C, Technique: B, Concentration: C..."

...

"Conclusion, Caspian Loden, Strength: B, Reaction Speed: B, Technique: D, Concentration: C..."

...

"Conclusion, Thorne Grimland, Strength: C, Reaction Speed: C, Technique: C, Concentration: D..."

...

"Conclusion, Duke Greyne, Strength: B, Reaction Speed: B, Technique: C, Concentration: C..."

****

As the test was concluded, the boys went back to their seats.

...

"I swear, that robot was taunting me. TRUST ME!" exclaimed Shinji.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure, bud." sighed Thorne.

"Tch. Sigh, what about you, Caspian? Did the robot mock you too?" asked Shinji.

"No... But it seems like 'he' enjoyed himself. It's much calmer than usual..." replied the mentioned boy with a tiny smile.

...

After a few minutes of the Professor checking "his creations", he concluded the class too.

"Expect a training schedule tomorrow, students."

...

Even though the Ability Class ended, the students stayed, as the next class was also scheduled to take place in the enormous stadium.

...

After a few minutes, a muscular man finally entered.

"Settle down. You may call me Sir B. You guys must have already taken Neo's test right? Hm. Okay. I have a test too, but instead of testing your Abilities, I'm going to check your physical capabilities. Come down."

****

After an hour...

{Shinji POV}

F*cking hell. This day was tiring. I don't think I can keep up my routine...

We had to do so many exercises... The guy even had us lift weights, for god's sake!

I guess that's the price to pay to become strong...

F*cking strong enough to be recognized by the world, but still weak enough to get beaten by 5 Rookies...

And to hell with that! I will become strong. Stronger than everyone else! I won't become an embarrassment. I will not die. I will not be beaten by anyone else! For I... Will... Stand at the top!

...

PFFT. That sounded so damn cringy! I really can't imagine myself saying that out loud...

Puhahahah.

That sounds like something that would come from an edge lord... PFFT.

But on a more serious note... It is true that I will become stronger. Strong enough to beat anyone that challenges me. I just can't let it go...

Imagine being called the Strongest Student in a school but ending up being beaten by a recently crippled teenager. I would just die of embarrassment. Heck, even I got embarrassed for Duke when Jiwoo beat him!

Goddamn!

But anyway. I should probably stop this monologuing, and continue the grind! The grind will not stop until I am the Top 1 in this school!

****

Meanwhile... In an alleyway, a human in a monkey mask and a boy appeared out of nowhere.

"Are you ready?" asked the adolescent.

"Also *yawn*, I really can't believe they let me do this by myself..."

The boy answered with a monotone voice, "Yes, Monkey."

"All right then."

With that, they vanished, but then appeared on the top of a very tall building.

As they looked down at the sight, "Monkey" told the boy,

"Well, work your magic."

...

The boy closed his eyes and slowly floated in the air.

As he opened his glowing purple eyes, purple energy started emanating from the boy.

...

After a few moments, the whole sky was filled with thin purple energy.

Now, the boy, with an exhausted face, pushed his hands down, dropping the energy, his body now limp.

"Whoop. Can't let our weapon die... Sigh." told the man as he caught the exhausted boy.

...

"Master! There's a weird occurrence from the sky!" shouted a man in all-black attire.

[A/N: "It's the work of an enemy stand!!!"]

"We believe that it's the work of an Awakened One." added the adolescent.

"Notify the others. Especially those in the Investigation Department." replied the mentioned man.

"Understood!" bowed the young man...

"No, Seong-!"

Seongha quickly raised his head

His master was gone... Purple energy replaced the place he was in previously.

"W-what!?"

Seongha quickly composed himself and ran out of the room to notify everybody.

'B-but... Where did Master go...?' thought the young man as his phone rang.

"Inhyuk...? Inhyuk! Wait! Slow down!"

"Wha... What!? C-Chairman Yoo also... disappeared?!"

****

What did you think of the chapter?

1