19: Cryomaniac
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

•~•~•~•~•~•

"Huh?" asked Shinji with a raised eyebrow.

"I said, I heard you were stro-"

"Yeah, I don't f*cking care," said Shinji, cleaning his ear.

"Then why d-"

"Enough about that, have you ever felt... hot ice?" said the boy with a maniacal grin.

"Are you stupid? Ice can't be hot... Hah! And here they were, call-" spoke Nathan but was once again interrupted,

"Well, I guess there's a first for everything." Shinji told the "new guy" while pointing his finger upwards.

"The f*ck?-" said the boy in confusion as ice exploded upwards.

"Hey, that's not fair!" shouted Nathan, but he was panicking inwardly,

'Oi oi oi, why the hell is this ice hot!? It's burning me!'

...

"What an idiot." murmured a student.

"Yeah, I know right? What did he think? They don't call him the Cryomaniac for nothing."

"Looks like another one is going to the Infirmary..."

...

"Can anybody help him to the Nurse?" asked Shinji with a yawn, to which the onlookers saluted.

"Thought I was at least going to have a decent fight. Sigh, he couldn't even counterattack," muttered Shinji.

And it seems like the frozen boy heard this and shouted,

"You caught me off guard! That was not a real fight!"

"If this was the real world, then you would have already died for putting your guard down, dumbass," replied Shinji as he walked away.

...

{Shinji POV}

Sigh...

This reminds me of that one time when I was testing if this would work or not...

The asshole got Hypothermia and dropped out! What a f*cking joke!

Now, you might be wondering how I could produce hot ice, right?

Well, it's simple.

.

.

.

I'm a genius! There's no need for an explanation.

I am a one-of-a-kind prodigy.

Anyway, jokings aside, once I mastered the Pyrokinesis, I just produced boiling hot water and immediately use the Cryokinesis to turn it to ice.

Simple, right? It's simple on paper. But once you reenact it, it's so f*cking hard.

That's why I needed to have full mastery of my Cryo and Pyrokinesis.

Since it's hot, it melts near-instantly. That's where my Cryokinesis comes in... And once it turns to ice, it drops in temperature. And, Pyrokinesis helps with that... It's just a loop.

It's a more hardcore version of my Infinity Ice Prison...

[A/N: The one he used on the Test Dummy in Chapter 16.]

...

I finally arrive at my room and I can see Thorne and Caspian sitting on my bed, playing cards.

"Oi, just because I configured your I.D's to bypass my security, doesn't mean that you can just barge in here whenever you want!"

"It's more lively in here..." said Caspian.

"Yep. What Cass said. Besides, it's not like you can't also come into our rooms..." replied Thorne slapping a card on the bed.

"Ha! I win!"

"But that's a Jack. My Queen beats that. You lose..." replied Caspian with a small victorious smirk.

"Ugh."

•~•~•~•~•~•

One day later...

In the cafeteria...

"Damn! I just heard that you sent another kid to the Infirmary?" asked Thorne as he gulped his food.

"Sigh... Yeah. But, it was an a-hole so don't worry."

"That's like, your 13th one this week..." added Caspian.

"Dayum! It's only been a month since the school year started! Besides, why don't they challenge us too? I'm sure Kaspian would like that..." said Thorne with a fake sad face.

"That's what I'm asking too! Why don't they attack Duke for once?" I say exasperatedly.

"Well, it's because they're afraid of the Greyne Family." said a cheery voice from behind us.

"Hah! You didn't scare me this time, Asher!" exclaimed Thorne, facing his back but not finding anything.

"Oh... I see..." said a boy beside him, looking straight into his eyes.

"AHH!"

...

"Pfft. You should probably get a less ugly face, Asher. Everyone's terrified of looking at it at this point." I say, holding back a laugh, which makes a tick mark appear on Asher's smiling face.

****

After a few minutes and more teasing, some rando shouts,

"E-E-Everyone! Some of the Seniors are coming to the 2nd Year Buildings!" the boy shouts, exhausted.

"Oh, really?" said someone mockingly.

"Y-yeah! I heard Sir B talking about them to Professor Yuri when I was passing by the Faculty Room! They said they were "scouting" the 2nd Years and above, for their Associations or something!"

"W-wait. Really?" someone asked in disbelief, to which the messenger just nods excitedly.

"I gotta look my best!"

"Hey, eat faster! We need to be in the best condition!"

"Yeah! We might have a chance to get into their Associations in the future!"

...

"Looks like it was true. Well, I'll see you, lots, later," said Asher getting up from our seats.

"Do I really need to be a part of a group?..." asked Caspian.

"Duh! If you get scouted, they're going to serve as your insurance to get into one in the future!" said Thorne, slicking his hair.

"Wow, even you, Thorne?" I ask.

"Well..."

"What about you, Shin?..." asked Caspian.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna bother. I'm already, technically, part of a group back home."

"Oh well. We'll see you later! We need to get ready for the Seniors!" said Thorne, dragging Caspian with him.

"Wait... I never agreed- Shin... Help..."

I just waved at them.

"Did they really forget that we still have lessons after this? F*cking idiots." I mutter, which makes me smile.

****

What did you think of the chapter?

1