Prologue [3] – Conflict in the Tunnel
44 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[2120 Words]

Prologue [3] - Conflict in the Tunnel

---------------

Kaiser threw the den-den mushi that he had in his hand back onto the dead body of Jake. Then, he walked towards the gate in front of him.

It was a humongous and sturdy metal gate with the emblem of Marines imprinted on it, with the mention of G-2. It was kind of a rolling gate which moved from a lower position to a higher place after getting a push upwards.

None of the Marines except Rear Admiral Zaga and Vice-Admiral Comil could push it upwards with raw force. The marines used to open it with the machinery that was installed inside.

Kaiser stood in front of the gate and stretched his arms. Then, he bent down and positioned his fingers horizontally in front of the gate.

Suddenly, he slammed his finger inside and grabbed the crevice it created in the gate. He pushed the gate upwards with a lot of force behind his hand which created an extremely loud sound.

Bang!

Before the gate could roll back down, Kaiser walked into the tunnel through which people used to enter the marine base. When he entered, he saw several marines who seemed to be standing in a circle and were chatting with each other before Kaiser interrupted. Since their shift was going to end soon, they had been in a jolly mood.

Everyone smiling, beaming on this beautiful day with their comrades. Happiness etched on their face. It would have been picturesque, straight out of a painting.

As they heard the loud sound, each of them nearly jumped out of their skins and their attention was on the uninvited intruder.

One of the Marines shouted in his full voice to his comrades, "Apprehend the unwelcome intruder!!!!". All of the Marines unsheathed their swords and guns and attacked Kaiser. As all of them followed his orders, he seemed to have been the highest-ranking officer among the marines present.

He had sharp eyes, a hooked nose and thick stubble on his face. He had a marine coat on his back with the word 'JUSTICE' on it, the coat represented that he was one of the marine officers of the base.

In a matter of seconds, the closest marines to Kaiser had almost reached him when he made his move. He grabbed the nearest marine when the marine came into his proximity and slammed him at his partner. Furthermore, he did a flying roundhouse kick at the duo to smash them back to the marines.

Wham!

Bam!

Some dust blew up and many of the weaker marines were impacted by the tumbling duo. The force behind it, killed the two marines instantly, distorting their flesh as they couldn't handle the impact. The other marines who faced the second-hand impact were also not let off easily.

Many had their bones broken, muscles torn into shreds, blood spurting inside their body due to an internal injury, and spinal cord broken leading them into instant paralysis. However they were the lucky ones as they didn't die, some were just crushed due to death or the impact that affected their heart or brain.

The people on the sides of the tunnel survived due to luck and the stronger ones in the middle managed to defend themselves instinctively.

For a moment, each one of the Marines stopped as they realised the graveness of the situation. There was a person in front of them who could easily show this much force, something that only the marine officers could show. Sweat trickled down the nape of their neck as they realised that there were near Death.

The only miracle they can expect is to have the Vice-Admiral and Rear-Admiral come to their rescue as soon as possible or they can just hope for Commander Drope to be able to defeat the person in front of them.

This mental thought came into the marines' minds for a moment only before they focused on their opponent with the determination of fulfilling Justice lit up in their eyes.

One of the two people who came at Kaiser dropped their sword. Kaiser picked up the sword lazily and pointed at the people approaching him.

Marines at the sides had the guns in their hand and they fired off bullets at him repeating the whole thing successively to disbalance the person before the swordsman reached him. It was a good tactic, using the current resources and situation to full use. These marines had been trained for all situations.

However, they didn't know the extent of their foe's capabilities. Marines in the Grand Line were famous for having their swords made from the best materials available. They could cut through the bullets made from the same substance if done from the sharp edge.

Kaiser positioned his sword such that the flat part of the blade pointed at the marines and the sharp edge pointed at the upper part of the tunnel.

As the bullets approached him at high speeds, he used the flat part of the blade to parry all the bullets at such an angle which sent them back to the marines.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Kaiser moved his blade delicately as if moving a flower and sent the bullets back at different trajectories. Those bullets whizzed back to their owners and mutilated them.

Kaiser, first of all, focused on the long-ranged fighters and sent the first barrage of bullets at them. Most of them only dealed in stealth and though they had that survival instinct, they couldn't dodge or defend themselves from the bullets which resulted in their death.

Bullets passing through their body organs, drilling through the heart, the lungs, the liver, the stomach...

The organs needed for the survival of a human. Rupturing blood vessels, that red blood filling the insides of the body with their warmth...

The marines who died instantly are the lucky ones. They don't have to feel the pain of their wounds or the dread of their approaching death, unlike the people who got wounded.

Though most of the long-ranged fighters died, there were still some who were protected from the bodies of their comrades in front of them. They shamelessly survived by selling their allies to the Grim Reaper.

Some swordsmen and melee fighters in the front also got removed from this plane of existence. Kaiser could now indulge in attacking the swordsman as the long-ranged fighters have now retreated.

He moved at incredible speed and butchered all the opponents that came at him. The swordsmen came at him with their tear-laden cheeks, and their grief-stricken eyes as their comrades were getting constantly killed by the monster in front of them.

It was horrifying, these marines had spent their whole life in improving themselves, spending days of life increasing their strength so that they can save one more innocent soul but in the end, only talent matters.

Hard work can only take you so far...

Determination can just make you continue your journey towards strength...

Many of them had the goal of becoming one of the Admirals, standing at the apex of the world and executing justice with their strength but life is unfair.

It had always been unfair.

Now, they are in front of an unsurmountable wall. They know that they have no chance of defeating the person in front of them but they have no other choice except to rush in like bloody fools, sacrificing their lives, and their future in stopping an evil person.

As they came into his vicinity, their vision would be full of splotches of blood and their ears will be filled with the screams of pain and agony

"Aghhh!!!!!".

"Help me!!!"

"Die in the name of Justice, you monster!!!!"

That sword of Kaiser ran through them, cutting them like butter. Their arms and legs are cut off their bodies, the sword running through their skin, slicing off their nerves making them unable to receive impulses, their veins and arteries cut open with blood spurting out of them, and their bones cut off.

Several were decapitated and their heads lying on the floor with the despair of death etched on their face. Some had regret, regret leaving their family behind, regret that they left their comrades behind, and regret that they left their lover behind.

Everyone had regrets... These weren't the old men who had experienced everything in their life, some of them were young people who had promised that they will marry their sweetheart soon, some were middle-aged who had kids to look after, and some were veterans who were going to see their grand-child soon.

All of them wanted something and regretted not doing something.

Many laid on the floor lying in a pool of blood with eyes that were full of suffering. Some of them wished for a painless death but it wasn't meant to be, they were going to die in a pool of blood with cold, lifeless eyes as their cry for help was imprinted on their visage.

As half of the marines in the tunnel died, the weak-hearted ones were starting to get sorted out. Many dropped their weapons as they ran back to the base, screaming as if they had witnessed hell itself.

They didn't feel any pangs upon their conscience, as they wished for their life to be safe at the price of their dozens of comrades.

How selfish they were...

How cruel they were...

How can they only think of themselves?!??!!?!

They are evil.

That's the mindset of a normal human when they see such an act but are they really wrong?

Are they wrong in wishing for another moment of survival?

Are they wrong in trying to increase their chance of going back to their families?

Are they wrong in putting the price of their happiness over the others?

What is actually wrong anyway?

Maybe, this question would never be answered...

Maybe this question was never meant to have an answer...

The highest ranking officer, Commander Drope had been at the end of the tunnel when Kaiser entered. Now, he had waded through his subordinates, anger and despair engraved upon his face. He was absolutely seething since he saw his precious subordinates getting killed by this man, this devil!

Before attacking, he ordered his subordinates, "I, Commander Drope of the Marines order all of you to go inside the marine base and inform the other marine officers. I will keep the foe here!"

Many wanted to protest, but the sight of the firm expression of their superior forced them to turn their back and leave him to his fate.

Then Drope came hurtling at Kaiser, his sword attacking Kaiser in a downward arc as he shouts at him, "Get ready to feel the wrath of the Marines!".

Kaiser attacked Commander in a horizontal arc, which stopped the impact of his sword and also resulted in injuring his abdomen. Drope retreated with gritting teeth as he clutches the sword more tightly and attacks back at his foe.

He started attacking more and more brazenly losing the regard for his own life. His eyes driven by madness and obsession to kill the person in front of him.

Clang!

Clash!

Clang!

Clash!

As Drope loses himself to darkness, Kaiser couldn't be bothered to indulge this man as he tried to extinguish his fire of revenge.

Kaiser moved his sword in a circular motion instantly, with deadly accuracy. This chopped off his both arms and legs while grazing his hair a bit.

He drops helplessly to the ground as his mass of flesh is detached from his body. The arms and legs twitched and convulsed, showing signs of life even after being removed from the body.

The blood started gushing out of his wounds as his fate approaches him.

Kaiser stared into his eyes which still didn't show any sign of helplessness, he had a strong will.

He glared back at his soon-to-be killer with malice and detest, and growled out, "Y-You w-will-"

Before he could complete his last words, Kaiser stabbed him through the heart, giving him his fate.

The whole tunnel was absolutely silent. It was full of pools of blood, severed limbs, decapitated heads and lots of inhuman things. Kaiser was a butcher and these were dead meat he had butchered

He looked at the sword in his hand. It looked like it had been drenched in blood. His glance landed on the marine symbol etched on the sword, it was now smudged with the blood of the marines only.

A mocking chuckle leaves his mouth as he said in a low tone, "Fools..."

Just then, a blaring alarm got sounded in the base.

Ring!

Ring!

----------------

(End of the Chapter)

So, how was the fight? I think I went too philosophical in this chapter but I think that's fine.

Give me your opinions on it.

Write a review and some comments. 

Join my Discord server - https://discord.gg/qDVsxP3CAg

4