Prologue [4] – Chaos
34 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[1144 Words]

-------------

Ring!!

Ring!!

An alarm blared throughout the marine base. It was an emergency alarm, all non-fighter personnel need to go while all fighters will prepare for an attack.

The marines in the tunnel ran to the base as fast as they could, after the tunnel, there was an extremely large clearing with cannons, armouries with guns and swords, training areas and many more things.

After these clearings were towers which had meeting rooms, dorms for staying, a kitchen and all other necessary places.

The tunnel had a gate as well and it had sound-absorbing walls, that's why no one in the clearing could hear the gunshots and clanging of the swords. 

The first few weak-hearted marines ran back to the marine base when they saw they weren't in any position to win. Their sweaty bodies with despair on their face came out of the gate running and tumbling.

Many of them started screaming for "Help!!!" as soon as they were in the hearing range of other people. 

The other marines who were busy with their conversations, chores, training and many other things saw their fellow marines running out of the tunnel where they were standing guard in.

All of them realised that something was wrong, currently, there were two marine officers present in the clearing, overseeing the training area, Lieutenant Commander Bran and Lieutenant Commander Kristen.

[Image of Lieutenant Commander Bran]

[Image of Lieutenant Commander Kristen]

Lieutenant Commander Bran and Lieutenant Commander Kristen immediately dashed to the closest marine who came out of the tunnel to them.

Bran grabbed the person by his shoulder and asked with urgency in his eyes, "What happened in the tunnel? Was there an unknown attacker?"

The marine was trembling from head to toe with a wide-eyed expression, he started mumbling with dread clouding his eyes, "We are going to die. We all are going to die! We are going to die. "

Kristen punched the marine in the face and shouted at him, "Get your mind in control, soldier! Now, tell us what happened in there. How many assailants are there? Is it a whole pirate group?!"

The Marine was shaken up after that punch, he curled himself into a ball and said in a low voice, "There was someone who attacked all of us. There was only a single person. He was a monster. Nothing else could describe him. He was an insane monster."

Then he stood up immediately and started running like a madman towards the towers, "I need to be safe. I just want to be alive!!!"

And another flood of soldiers arrived, all of them in incredibly bad situations, many of them half-dead. They had bullets dislodged in their bodies, their bones broken, muscles torn into shreds, disrupted blood vessels, arms and legs sliced cleanly and blood.

Lots and Lots of blood...

Many of them came crawling out of the gate as if they had just gone through literal hell, it was terrifying, they looked like they had just gone through the fight of their life.

One of them whose both legs had been crushed and his arm was folded at an awkward angle shouted at all the people in the clearing, "Run!!!!! Run!!!! Everyone run!! Call the Marine Officers, please! Or we all are gonna get hacked into pieces by the devil itself! Run!"

And as he tried to crawl his way through the clearing, he had a trail of blood behind him. His hands had tears and injuries as he grabbed at the rocky ground to move, his movement gets slower and slower until, in just a few seconds, he struggles to even move his hand.

...

...

...

He stops. He just stops moving. He just lays there as he waits for his soul to be reaped, lying in an increasing pool of blood, he starts to feel his eyes getting heavier so he closes them for comfort, and there lays a body with blood pouring out of it as its owner realizes he is approaching death.

And another being departs from this mortal plane.

As more and more people come out of the gate until only Commander Drope is left in the tunnel fighting for his dear life, chaos happens. 

All the chore boys stop their actions and run for their safety while all the marines present go for the armoury to arm themselves with weapons. 

Lieutenant Commander Bran ordered some of the marines, "Soldiers! You will inform the other marine officers as soon as possible and try to evacuate every non-fighting personnel through the dockyard at the other end of the marine base! The Vice-Admiral and the Captains have gone there as well. Inform them as soon as possible. "

Then he looked at the other marines and commanded them with gusto, " Are all of you ready to execute Justice?! There is an evil person who has snuck onto our base and has butchered several of our men! That's a person who doesn't deserve to live. He has sinned by murdering our fellow comrades."

He paused a bit and looked into the eyes of the Marines which sparkled with determination, "Our comrades had their families too! They had little kids who would not ever be able to see their dad or mom again, their other half who would have to go through the sadness of losing their loved one, and maybe their parents who would suffer as their child, a piece of heart went before them. There would be some families which would lose the only person who earns. Kids will starve, women will prostitute themselves, and some people will commit suicide due to the agony. So, I ask again do we execute our justice on this person!!!!!!!!"

"Yes, Sir!!!", screamed the hearts of the marines which ached under the despair of losing their friends. 

The words of Lieutenant Commander Bran opened their eyes as they realized the grave situation they were in. Many were reminded of the happiness they might lose and what will their loved ones suffer from if they fall in this battle. 

This hardened their determination as adrenaline ran through their body, giving them a tad bit more energy. All of them stood encircling the gate of the tunnel, the long-ranged fighters dropped their guns as they heard how their enemy masterfully used his sportsmanship to parry off the bullets. None of the shooters had a gun which would be able to penetrate through a Marine Sword. 

All of them waited for a minute, that minute seemed like an eternity to them, waiting for someone to appear in front of them was nerve-wracking. They might be much calmer if they knew who exactly was their enemy. However, what most of them knew was that man was a devil who killed people indiscriminately. 

...

 

...

...

Kyaang!

-------------

(End of the Chapter)

So, the updates were irregular for this fanfic as I was sick. I am still sick but the situation is much better so expect regular uploads from now on. 

I do think that the fight is getting slightly longer than I expected it to but I think that's fine. This prologue is meant to be a teaser of what will happen in the whole of the fanfic. 

Join my Discord server - https://discord.gg/qDVsxP3CAg

2