Growing weeds
746 3 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Well, I see nothing special about this diary.' Ben was sitting at his desk examining Tom Riddle's diary. It looked and felt like any other diary one might find in the muggle world.

But Ben knew how sinister this seemingly innocuous diary was. Once you pour your heart into it, it will suck your soul dry before you know it.

'Eh, whatever, not like I'm dying to talk to a dead snake," he thought, putting the diary to the side and pulling out a vial full of bubbling mud-like potion.

"Gulp," he swallowed it at once, not giving himself too much time to register its disgusting taste.

"Ugh, tastes like misery and depression," he said as the flesh around his body squirmed, transforming him into a balding, middle-aged man.

"This's the last time I'm turning into this miserable specimen. Let's go find some better-tasting hair," he said, but then felt his gut wrench at the words coming out of his mouth.

'Gross! Luckily no one else heard me,' he thought as he opened the window and flew out under the cover of invisibility.

He could have opened a portal straight to the Knockturn Alley, but flying was still his preferred mode of transportation.

Also, as a responsible citizen, it was Ben's duty to keep this city clean.

"Ummhm trash, I love trash, bling - bling trash, I wanna sell trash-"

---

"Zzz ZZ zzz ZZzz"

"Thump" "Thump"

"Ben, wake up! It's ten o'clock!" Thea's voice ruffled Ben from his sleep.

"huh, give me a -yaaawn- minute," Ben said with a long yawn, showing his lack of sleep.

Getting out of bed, he stretched his body and used [Healing] to relieve the grogginess clouding his mind.

It had been a long night yesterday. After cleaning the streets of London, Ben went to Knockturn Alley to sell the gold bullion and a few other valuables bought from the store. Then he went on a shopping spree and bought a bunch of stuff, including things, to help cultivate his private island.

He bought charmed ploughs, shovels, watering cans, spell books with farming and gardening spells, then went to muggle London to sell some gold jewellery and buy truckloads of cow dung compost and seeds; Ben wanted to buy dragon dung compost, but it was quite expensive.

He used the levitation spell to dump the compost around the island as he flew on his broom. It was surprisingly easy, as he could summon the compost bags wherever he wanted on the island; he didn't need to open the storage space as he did outside, but it still took a long time to cover the entire island.

He was trailed by four magical ploughs, which dug into the ground and evenly distributed the compost, blending it with the soil.

Once it was all done, it was time for seeding. Thankfully, he didn't have to plant individual seeds since he found a nifty spell in one book.

He pulled out a few bags with weed seeds and mixed them all into one large bag.

"Dispergo!"

The seeds shot high into the air like a fountain and then rained down like a hailstorm, covering a large area around him with seeds. Repeating this a few more times around the island, he covered the entire place in seeds.

"Phew, now comes the hard part," He said, taking a breather. Although he hadn't used that much magic, he was feeling a little drained.

Spell casting was harder on Nirn Island because of the low concentration of ambient magic as it was converted into Magicka. Dobby couldn't even use magic on the island, as house-elves have a negligible amount of magic stored on their bodies and heavily rely on controlling ambient magic, and hence, seek places with large concentrations of it.

And while wizards have their own magical reserves, they use them to mobilise the vast amount of ambient magic around them to cast most spells. Why use your limited magic when nature provides an unlimited amount of it?

Taking a deep breath, Ben pointed his wand at the sky and shouted with intense concentration, "Metelojinx"

Dark clouds quickly covered the sky above his head, letting out rumbling noises, followed by flashes of thunder. Ben felt a raindrop wet his face, followed by another and another; soon the entire island was covered in rainfall.

Ben waved his wand, and an invisible umbrella appeared over his head, shielding him from the rain.

"Whew, that worked like a charm," he said, wiping his forehead. But it was, in fact, a jinx and not a charm. Usually, people use it for petty pranks like jinxing someone's room or a house, but Ben managed to jinx an entire island, albeit a very small island, and he was left completely drained at the end of it.

He was so tired that he fell asleep as soon as he fell on the bed and only woke up now. Rubbing his eyes, he opened the door to see a not-so-pleased Thea tapping her foot.

"Mornin'," he said with a weary smile.

"Mornin'? It's almost noon," she said, fuming.

"Mam, it's Sun-"

"Ah, hush now. We've company on the way, so you'd best be pulling yourself together."

"Who's coming?" he asked curiously. There hadn't been many people visiting them this summer, except Maeve.

"Madam Edgecombe is visiting," she said.

"Oh," he said unenthusiastically, realising why his mother had been so worked up. Marietta's mother got promoted this summer and was now his father's superior at the DMT. Not that it mattered much. Her job was to supervise the Floo Network, and he was to monitor unlicensed magical transportation and file the paperwork.

'Tis a good thing the Ministry can't detect my portals yet, or it would be a right awkward situation,' he thought.

"What's that got to do with 'yawwn' m-e?" he asked.

"Marie is visiting too, dear. You can show her around and play together," she said.

"Play! With Marietta? What am I, twelve?" he asked with a shocked expression.

"Aye, you are twelve. Now go get a shower, you stink," she said, scrunching her nose.

-End Of Chapter-

Well, Luna is a lot more popular than I expected, which is interesting. Check out the hundreds of Luna Images at patreon.com/DreamyApe for free.

48