ANIME POWER-UP
3.1k 8 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ben was standing frozen in the Room on Hidden Things, trying to take the thundering fog back into his body without any success. It went out of control and surrounded the Invisibility cloak instead of forming a screen like usual. The bright flashes in the fog turned into lighting bolts and bombarded the Invisibility cloak, soon there was no sign of it left.

Instead of calming down after incinerating the Hallow, the fog only grew fierce. It started swirling intensely and formed a flashing vortex with its eye speeding towards Ben.

"Shit, not again."

"AAah," he cried clutching his chest as the flashing vortex rushed towards his heart.

He felt an intense burning sensation on his skin as the death fog violated his chest cavity, leaving him gasping for air. After what felt like a very long time, the pain finally stopped and Ben was left breathing heavily on the floor.

'Fuck these anime power-ups,' he cursed in his heart. This was the most pain he'd felt in his entire life.

He looked towards his chest, where he had felt the most pain and was surprised once again. A huge chunk of his shirt was now missing and in the middle of his chest was a triangle, glowing like a certain billionaire's power source.

'Is this my arc reactor? No this is facing up instead.'

As the glow receded into his skin, it finally looked like a normal tattoo of an equilateral triangle. Well, as normal as a tattoo of a triangle could look.

Just when Ben wanted to curse his luck and hurl profanities around the room, he felt a strange sensation in his mind, it was as if he had grown a new organ. He tugged at that sensation and a watery sensation started spreading over his skin, starting from his chest and encompassing his entire body. He watched in amazement as his whole body disappeared in front of his eyes as silvery grey light shrouded him before making him invisible.

Ben sensed that he could control this shroud to stretch and envelop things around him, up to a certain distance. He stretched the shroud as far as he could and things half a meter around him turned invisible.

"What a waste," he thought, even if it seemed cool at first, there were numerous ways to turn invisible in this world and they did not require going through torture first.

Ben's mind was in turmoil right now, this was the first time he felt the mysterious fog that resided within him go out of control. It was clear now that it had a mind of its own and it unnerved Ben to witness it shredding a supposedly indestructible object, after all the cloak had remained unaffected even after seven centuries of use and had resisted all sorts of spell damage.

Feeling dejected, Ben called off the invisibility and the ethereal shroud retreated back into the triangle marking on his chest.

"At least it became a lot more convenient to use."

Just when he decided to go back home, he felt strange palpations coming from his chest and then his head was flushed with new information, Ben almost cried with Eureka.

"So, it wasn't a waste after all."

Turning towards his favourite chair in the room, Ben let out the deadly fog again. This time, it did not contain the bright flashes it usually did and was much darker. The mist enveloped the chair making it disappear from Ben's vision.

When it retreated back into his chest, there was no sign of the chair left. Although Ben had seen it happen before when he sold things to the shop, he knew that this was different.

He called out his status panel, which flashed a lot brighter than before. There was a new tab on top of the panel that said [Storage].

He switched to it and found a single item listed with a picture there.

[Ben's favourite chair]

"Well, it is my favourite."

After that, he tried storing a few more things in the room. When he tried to store a large cabinet filled with things, he felt a heavy burden on his mind. It seemed that he could not store any objects heavier than himself in the [Storage] without suffering backlash. It had been the same with selling stuff but he had overcome that hurdle by breaking things into smaller parts.

The weight was a fundamental transfiguration constraint and did not surprise Ben. Still, he felt that he would be able to break this constraint in the future.

After storing various items, Ben concluded that the [Storage] was not infinite and had a weight limit. He could store about three times his body weight which would come about to a hundred kilograms.

The [Storage] gave very generic names to the things he stored unless Ben already knew what they were. It seemed that the system used Ben's knowledge to identify and label things and was not all-knowing.

Ben decided to get out of this place before delving further into the intricacies of his new abilities. Stepping through the Vanishing Cabinet, which now looked completely different after Ben worked some magic on its exterior, he arrived in a small and empty room. There were only four small torches in the room, dimly lighting the room with their small blue flames.

Ben had managed to conjure blue flames after doing some extra reading during the break. Apart from looking mystical and pretty, they also burned at a much higher temperature and hence heated the room nicely.

At the centre of the room was the Vanishing Cabinet that he got from Borgin and Burkes. For many people, a Vanishing Cabinet was a last-ditch effort when all else failed. They were used by people during the Second Wizarding War in case they were targeted by death eaters and were trapped because of the anti-apparition wards.

Apparition through the cabinet was dangerous as there was usually no set destination. Unless the cabinet had a twin, which was not easy to make and usually very expensive to get your hands on. Hence making this Cabinet a rarity.

Looking at his empty base of operations, Ben smiled and called forth his favourite chair from the [Storage]. Now that he can carry a hundred kilograms with him, decking this place was going to be a piece of cake.

A/N: Well, the SYSTEM is powering up and Ben is paying for it with his misery. Support my lazy ass on the link down below.

110