Uno Reverse
1.6k 9 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The excitement in the castle was palpable as the end-of-the-year feast approached, particularly among the first-year students. Rumours of its grandeur and opulence circulated throughout the halls, complete with tantalizing descriptions of mouth-watering delicacies. Despite the Slytherins winning the House Cup once again, everyone eagerly anticipated the feast.

When Ben entered the Great Hall, he was struck by the banners of green and silver adorning the place, along with a giant Slytherin snake on the wall behind the staff tables, he couldn't help but feel impressed. It gave the place a noble and elegant ambience.

Just as Ben joined his friends on the Ravenclaw table a snarly voice spoke up from the other side of the table.

"I remember someone claiming that Gryffindor was going to win the House cup, I wonder what he thinks now," Marietta sneered, and many others joined in her derision.

Ben was perplexed by Marietta's animosity towards him. He had not done anything to warrant such hatred. Many Ravenclaws were angry with him, believing he had supported Gryffindor in the last match, which was a complete fabrication. Ben had simply been encouraging some friendly wagers among the Gryffindors and had only mentioned to Professor McGonagall that Gryffindor stood a good chance of winning; after all who would be foolish enough to insult the Gryffindor team in front of her?

The Hogwarts rumour mill, however, had already worked its magic, and Ben had become a target of both Gryffindor and Ravenclaw's animosity. It made sense for the Gryffindors, but the Ravenclaws' anger was misplaced. They were merely looking for someone to blame for their narrow loss to Slytherin, and Ben clearly stood out among the Ravenclaws, and as they say, "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down".

Ravenclaw was behind by just twenty points and Ben had lost a lot more than that, especially during the flying lessons. While he had earned back the lost points and more during other classes, no one seemed to remember that part.

"Hold your Hippogriffs, there's still time," said Ben, trying to diffuse the situation.

"Tch, you're going to award them points now, are you?" Marietta sneered at him but it only amused Ben further, 'If only they knew what was coming,' he thought which also gave him an idea.

Ben gave a wry smile and pulled out a piece of parchment from under his robes. "The mighty eagle may think it rules the skies, but the fact remains that the Dragons do exist in this world," he said cryptically.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It just means that there's always a bigger fish around, and the biggest fish I see here is Dumbledore," he said, pointing towards the empty seat at the high table.

"And why would Headmaster-"

Before she could even complete her question, the answer walked right into the Great Hall. Harry Potter, the boy who lived, not only once but twice now.

The Hall got extremely quiet upon seeing him, it only lasted a second and then everyone started clamouring to catch a glimpse of the Boy Wonder. He quickly made his way to sit between Hermione and Ron, ignoring the people who were now standing at their seats to get a proper look at him.

Ben was bemused by the wizarding world's obsession with Harry Potter. He could not imagine living in such a spotlight. Fortunately, Potter would still get to live away from the wizarding world every summer break, unfortunately, that would be with the Dursleys.

While the commotion continued around him, Ben scribbled something on the parchment. Soon, Dumbledore entered, and the noise in the Great Hall subsided, the students returning to their seats in anticipation of the feast to come.

"Another year gone!" Dumbledore said cheerfully. "And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully, your heads are all a little fuller than they were; you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts."

As Dumbledore continued to drone on, Ben idly folded the sheet of parchment into a paper plane that resembled a bat.

"Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with three hundred and twelve points; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty-two; Ravenclaw has four hundred and fifty points and Slytherin, four hundred and seventy-two."

The Slytherin table erupted into cheers, with goblets clanging and fists pounding on the table in celebration. The Ravenclaws, on the other hand, looked decidedly sour-faced, knowing that they had come so close to winning this year. Perhaps if Ben had contributed a few more points during class, they might have taken the cup. But he knew better than to bother with such pointless endeavours.

A paper bat fluttered its wings through the clamouring room, towards the gloomy Gryffindor table, and landed right on top of Harry's empty plate, he was shocked at first but decided to open it when he saw Ben waving at him from across the room.

"What's it say," said Ron, not expecting anything good coming from Ben.

"'Congratulations on your quick recovery, I knew you'd make it. Before the old man showers you with praises, I'd to give a 'hear-hear' for winning the House Cup this year.

Your pal and personal Seer,

Benedictus the Great.

PS: Avoid the stake, you don't want to know how many feet it has touched, trust me.'"

"Ew-That's terrible," said Hermione and a disgusted look came over their faces.

On the Ravenclaw table in the sea of sulking ravens, Ben looked very excited thinking of the absolute UNO reverse moment that was about to unfold, drawing further ire from his fellow students. Some of them took his excitement and the disgusted look on the trio's faces and came to an extremely wrong conclusion.

"And now he roots for the Slytherin," said the snotty bitch with a glare full of scorn.

'Girl, I will beat the shit outta ya,' that's what he wanted to say, but he held himself back. After all, he prided himself on being a gentleman.

"My dear lady, I cannot help but notice that you hold a certain degree of disdain towards me," he said, putting on his most sophisticated tone. "But fear not, for I do not blame you. Your simple mind cannot possibly comprehend the intricacies of my powers. I only pity your pitiful state."

It took her a moment but when she realized that he had just called her a dim wit, she was livid, her face turning red, ready to give back what she received, albeit using a much more colourful language.

"You little-" but unfortunately Dumbledore's voice boomed across the Great Hall, silencing everyone.

"Ahem, yes, well done, Slytherin," he said with a nod. "However, recent events must be taken into account."

The room fell silent, and the smiles on the Slytherins' faces faded.

--Dreamscape--

Well, we've reached the magical number of 6 and 6 getting freaky, or is it 9 and 9 getting freaky? It could also be 6 and 9 just standing together. Almost makes me want to stop writing further.

If you like my work, you can support me at Patreon.com/DreamyApe. I am a plant parent and need to buy cow dung for my youngins.

86