Chapter – 3
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In several studies on the history of the country, columnists and renowned historians concluded that the art of Taiaso (named a few decades after the bloody birth of the country) is the most abundant and old aspect of the national culture. Unfortunately, the ancient is not immortal against time.

At the beginning, Taiaso was a set of dogmas in which its followers used in daily life.  Agriculture and general land management, land study, understanding of the life cycle and even woodworking were all part of Taiaso's practices.

But over the years, martial arts, acupuncture techniques, astrology and even alchemy were created and became part of the whole set of Taiaso.  Even the metallurgical industry was born when a theorist developed the dense manipulation of metals through the old Taiaso school of alchemy.

Millennia have passed and today, only fragments of this quantum circle known as Taiaso considered more "tangible" are seen with good eyes. Being practiced and encouraged in many places; including the institute where Ariel began teaching, probably the only educational center that still adheres anything close to Taiaso practices.

Unlike college campus rules, in high school, all students, without exception, are required to choose some kind of extracurricular activity. That doesn't apply to elective subjects.

A wise choice of the institution, which knows how much prestige is gain when one of its students stand out winning awards in their respective area while still in high school.

This regulation is well accepted by the students due to the variety of options.

Now known as just a martial art in the commoner eyes, Taiaso was once endorsed by students of both genders. At the time the institute provided professional instructors as well as a unique place to practice. A few years ago that has largely changed. 

The new director, the same old lady that greeted Ariel, was planning on a revitalization. Along with bringing back the Taiaso martial art, she intended to restore a lot of ancient habits by creating new extracurricular activities.

Regarding this extracurricular activities, the enrollment of students and teachers/supervisors were allowed since the first day of class.

Scattered throughout the school, were leaflets, containing specific information about certain activities besides the explanation of school rules regarding enrollment deadlines and specificities of each extracurricular activity.

...

As he read one of the pamphlets about Taiaso martial art classes, Ariel's features momentarily became greedy.

A second salary working as a extracurricular instructor seems nice.

...

Upon arriving at his home after his first day of work, he headed straight for the shower. His mind wandered between decision, hatred and insecurity. His past was much more than present. Scars long locked in his mind were ready to be opened again.

Ooh... I'm gonna make them pay. They are all going to pay... Fucking insurrectionists bastards.

He hated having to insult his enemies to himself. Not having anyone to trust his secrets was distressing, excruciating.

Washing himself, all of his naked body could be seen, exposing features that seemed to have been carved through years of exercise. A lean and pale body.

At the top of his back, a dark tattoo was evident amid the steam shower.

Going from his right shoulder to the left, the body painting contained two detailed and imposing wings. They were open and free, the way they should be.

It was a tenebrous black bird!

in the midst of the bathroom heat, the bird pulsed with life and freedom. One could almost say that its wings were flapping on their own.

When Ariel came out of the shower and dried himself, his body had cooled, revealing an intriguing information.

The majestic tattoo had completely disappeared from his back ...

...

The young teacher had woken up early and in good spirits.

After jogging and taking another bath, he was ready for his second day as a teacher.

Today was his first day of teaching in the third year of the institution, the only place that he had not yet been presented.

As he went to the classroom, Ariel remembered something.

How could I forget? My second job! he will be glad to know that I will have contact with his teachings again.

Within minutes he was already in the registration place while he introduced himself. He delivered the same documents he gave the director.

"I would like to apply for the Taiaso instructor position." The secretary looked at him skeptically before asking.

"But at least are you a practitioner? Even though not many applicants come here for this position, Madam Navarro is well committed to establishing a strong Taiaso culture here in Taiso. She isn't fooling around and neither should you."

The young man smiled and said, "I am an initiatory master, enough to fill the vacancy, right?" Before listening to the secretary, he gave her something like identity that was made from metal. It was pretty well sculpted with a few single lines. 

The woman, froze for a few seconds before nodding to Ariel.

"You probably will be accepted, but I doubt that you will get the job as an instructor of the main class."

A little embarrassed, he replied. "Sure, sure. But the salary is still the same, right?"

So he is purely after money? she thought.

Laughing, she said, "Yes, of course."

"Just in a few days, the board will forward an answer, which I believe it will be a positive decision since there aren't a lot of initiatory masters willing to teach Taiaso in high school grounds."

Ending their dialogue, Ariel made his way into the classroom.

The secretary decided to take another look at the document that the young man had given, and delighted, she said to herself.

"So he is Kiu's only apprentice... the Great Taiaso Monolithic Master ? This place will be very busy from now on."

0