Chapter – 5
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ariel continued his routine the same way for two weeks, teaching with the greatest fervor possible. Many students were already showing amazing results due to his didatics. It wasn't so much didactic as it was having patience and sensitivity with young students. Still, it was new behavior for a Taiso high school teacher when compared to old-fashioned teachers who refused to change the school environment out of pride.

His notorious student Liz Desmark continued standing out in school subjects that Ariel taught, and the teacher was forced to admit that she became the most applied student of his entire classes.

All previous talk about her and her sister seemed to have left Ariel bothered. Whenever Aysti name arose in his mind: euphoria, anger, and many other feelings possessed him.

But his daily life was about to improve, all because of a direct call that he received from the school direction.

...

Excited, he promptly appeared in the room, being received by five unique people sitting in chairs behind a long wooden table. An actual sandalwood table, probably the most expensive one he had ever seen. Beautifully carved into an open hand, with flowers blooming in its center.

According to his quick analysis, they occupied very important positions within the institution. There was at least one chief executive officer that could very well represent the Taiso Research and Learning Conglomerate. He remember because he often saw him in the college campus when he was a student.

Why the hell are these people here? It's too high profile for a simple instructor evaluation.

"Good morning teacher Ariel, please, accomodate yourself the way you desire." The same old woman who greeted him on his first day was in the middle of the five people. Her position between them was a good indicator of her power in the Taiso conglomerate. Even Ariel didn't imagine that Mrs. Navarro occupied a more relevant position than the director of a high school.

Smiling, he sat down while staring at his "examiners".

"Sure, I thank you."

"In the first two weeks of school I have heard wonders of your teaching method, admirable."

"I'm just doing my job, ma'am." Sincerely glad to hear his second praise from the old lady, Ariel made a sign of reverence to her.

An old bald man in a light gray suit that stood on the right edge of the examiner's table commented: "We heard of your curious interest to be a Taiaso teacher in our institution, would you like to comment something about it?"

"My reason is simple, gentlemen. I humbly believe I have sufficient qualification to teach high school students, I also want to have contact with Taiso again, as this is part of the roots of my academic life. The salary pleases me. In the end, my choice seemed equally pleasant. "

Murmurs arose at the table of directors, until another man on the left end of the table turned to Ariel.

"Firstly,  young teacher Ariel, do not be angry with what I'm about to say."

"For many years, our institution already established itself in the process of training scientists, philosophers and professionals from all the labor market. But we always stay behind when it comes to the ancient art of our country: The Taiaso."

"After a lot of research and meetings, we decided to enhance many of our extracurricular areas, the main one being this martial art. This year may be the first that allows us a dignified position in a national or even international competition for both high school students and university students. " Staring at the young teacher, the man realized that his expression didn't faltered even for a moment.

"Which leads me asking you as a teacher:  do you believe being able to achieve the minimum of our goal?"

Laughing, Ariel got up and went towards the table of the directors and directly asked the old woman who had praised him: "Miss Director, so that there are no more doubts about my ability, could I in front of everyone, use this table as a testimony of my mastery?"

With a sudden fun expression that startled her fellow directors, the old lady nodded: "Help yourself, prove to these fools that I'm right."

Funny that what I'm about to break is the equivalent of a semester of my work.

Therefore, Ariel took a deep breath for two seconds and closed his right fist, moving it extremely quickly toward the table.

"Shhhhh!"

 The board members believed that his movement would be a punch on the table, but at the last second, his hand opened itself, hitting the flat wooden surface.

"Clap!"

A Clean and simple sound was the prologue of the circular hole formed in the exact place where Ariel's hand hit.

Everyone in the room including the sweet old lady, were openmouthed, stunned by the fact that challenged their knowledge of the martial art Taiaso. Heck, you could say it challenged their knowledge about actual human power.

Satisfied with his performance, he left a message before leaving the institution office.

"I would be grateful in case I got one of the positions for Taiaso instructor. I promise I would do my best on placing our students betwen the best in the country, as well as increasing their perceptions of the whole Taiaso arts." 

Ok. Am I being too flashy leaving like this? It's all part of the plan but I still feel embarrassed as fuck.

A few seconds after Ariel absented himself, it was easily possible to hear an intense laughter of the old lady.

"I did say the disciple of that old man would be a delightful surprise."

"Hahaha!"

...

In the teachers bathroom, Ariel was holding his right wrist while trying to silence his screams of pain.

The joints of his fingers were swollen and bleeding violently.

"Arghh! It had been long time since I did that, I should return to action. Kiu would be ashamed to see me that way."

0