Chapter – 7
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first student to stand before Ariel was the tallest one of all present in the gynasium. 

His eyebrows were still stiff and his face serious even when about to face a supposed Taiaso master.

This child may know something...

With the wooden rod in hand, Ariel asked, "Do you fight with or without this ?"

"I don't think I'll need it." His statement did not seemed to be the classic arrogance and as proof he quickly established a classic and well known posture in the whole Taiaso: left arm leaning against the left leg and right arm bent behind his head.

"They say his stance has been improved over the years, it follows the more orthodox technique of all Taiaso."

"Last year Senou was declared as one of the strongest of all the first year, but after being obliterated in a decisive battle that  could qualify him for the national competition, he choset to take secondary class."

Looking decisively to the boy in front of him, Ariel started laughing and said, "What do you think of establishing new rules? If my body touch the floor it is your win, of course the same applies to you.  My assessment obviously, will continue. "

Dissatisfied with the mockery of his new teacher, the student called Senou shot toward Ariel.

Threatening to attack him with his bent arm, Senou raised his left arm, now also bent, almost hitting Ariel with his elbow, which easily deflected with a single step back.

An almost unnoticed flash went through the boy's eyes.

The next sequence of blows continued with the alternation of direction from the attacks that Senou hitted Ariel. 

The young apprentice began to increase movement in his legs as he believed he was corralling Ariel.

Oh foolish, footwork alone isn't enough boy.

The same was true in the minds of the gymnasium spectators, fully believing that Senou was close to finishing the fight.

There was only a quarter of a minute remaining until the boy from the orthodox stance begun to overthrow his teacher. His thoughts were saying that something was wrong, despite the apparent pressure he was causing to his teacher.

When he realized that his teacher could not deflect his open palm in his upper body, the boy nodded to himself, certain of victory.

Ariel, however, dramatically increased the speed of his dodge at the last stroke of Senou, when Senou hit pure air, Ariel grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him down. The latter was stunned to realize his loss of balance, leading him to fall on the soft floor of the gym.

"He..."

"Senou lost!"

"For more skillful he is, our teacher made it out completely unscathed ..."

Looking straight into the eyes of his fallen student on the floor while helped him getting up, Ariel in an embarrassed way, said aloud, "What a pity,  if you hadn't slipped I probably would be in your position."

Immediately, an uproar graduated from the students. Many divided about the depth of the technique of their younger teacher.

Even if all the confrontation came to an end due to a simple error of Senou, Ariel had been on the defensive from the start, and always far from hitting the ground with his own body. An undeniable proof of his ability.

Still, many of those who were already unbelievers in the power of Ariel since he appeared, took the opportunity to make comments.

"Senou just slipped, although this teacher knows something, Senou could have knocked him down in the last second."

"And even in the whole secondary class, I don't think he is definitely the strongest of all the students."

Perplexed with the fighting outcome, Senou went to the corner of the gym, where there were some of his classmates, one in particular was bald and was sitting with a sloppy posture.

"So who is the next on to face me?" With a friendly tone, Ariel spoke for all students.

"Here, my dear teacher." The one who directed the word to Ariel was the bald young man with a sloppy posture. He rose from the floor and headed toward Ariel, but was interrupted by Senou, which took him by the arm and whispered something in the ear of his friend.

"Atoru, be careful against him, he is much more than what he showed."

"Haha, stay calm Sen, if you hadn't slipped, you could have easily knocked down that cocky bastard."

Pressing more firmly the boy's arm, he spoke more seriously.

"I'm serious, I didn't ...  slipped. That guy, since the beginning of the fight was expecting my open palm and when I tried to hit him ... I realized he wanted me to be in that exact position at that exact moment. "

Loosening the grip of his friend, the young man said something before going to the fight against Ariel, "Okay, since you're so sure of that, I will give my best."

Senou knew how strong his friend was. But even he himself wasn't sure why Atoru had chosen the secondary class

As he walked toward Ariel, he picked up from the gym locker a wooden rod almost identical to the one his teacher held.

"Oh, Atoru will use the rod; unlike Senou, he was the best in the school using it."

Atoru, as did Senou before, quickly formed a combat stance.

Ariel on the other side, while analyzing his second student, was holding the wooden rod in a carefree way with only one hand .

"Youngster, are you ready ? Do you even know how to swing that little thing?"

Hmm, that didn't come out the way I wanted...

0