Chapter 3: Victory
261 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not soon after I finally succumbed to death, the large cleaver began to slide off my body.

Once it had done so, I regained my consciousness and began to stand up.

Having stood up, I rubbed the back of my head before looking at the Minotaur on the other side of the cave. Although I wanted to simply leave him there and walk out the exit, I could see from here that his leg was already beginning to heal. And I had no plans of leaving this place while having the big fella here chasing after me.

If I wanted to get out of here without that damn monster chasing after me, then I had no choice but to finish him off right here and now. With an injured leg and without his cleaver, this was the best chance I’d be getting to do so..

With a strong conviction to defeat the monster that had tormented me for the last three hours welling up in me, as well as a desire to pay him back for his services, I grabbed the-

Holy shit this thing is heavy! Damn, doesn’t look like I’ll be able to show him how it feels to get cut in half by this oversized kitchen knife any time soon…

Letting go of the large cleaver, I began to scout the room to see if there was anything else I could use to kill the Minotaur. Although I still had the knife I had picked up earlier, I doubted I’d be able to do much with it since he could still grab me with his hands if I tried to get closer.

With no plan coming to my mind, I decided to simply plop down on the ground and think. While the option of running away was coming back to my mind, I quickly dismissed it when the thought of getting ganked by two monsters if there’s another one waiting outside, came to my mind.

Let’s see, I got a big old knife laying right there on the floor that I can’t easily swing, and what might as well be a toothpick on my hands. Unless I could stab this little baby knife through his eyes, I’ll have to find another way to kill him. But how…

After sitting for a while, I decided to stand up from the floor and pace around for a bit to help me think… Well actually it was because the hard stone floor was starting to make my ass hurt.

As I paced around I turned to look at the Minotaur, he was already trying to stand up, and it most likely wouldn’t be long before his injury finally heals, or at least heals enough for him to come and try to get revenge on me. With the sands of the hourglass counting my doom almost done falling, I tried to rack my brain as hard as I could for a way to kill that imposing behemoth.

Having wandered aimlessly around, I found myself in front of one of the light producing crystals at the moment. Feeling slightly curious about how they worked, I poked one with my knife before trying to cut a part of it out.

Seeing that it was rather hard to break, I put in a fair amount of strength behind my slash as a bright light filled my vision.

Closing my eyes instinctively due to the pain, I slowly opened them again to see the sight of a small piece of the yellow crystal on the floor. Looking around at the layout of the cave, a rather risky idea popped up in my mind as I began making my way over to the heavy cleaver.

After dragging the cleaver to a location I was satisfied with, I began picking a few small rocks laying around and throwing them to the Minotaur. The beast did not seem to take kindly to my antics, as it turned to my direction and began to roar.

I however, stood unfazed at his response and continued to throw more rocks at him. Soon, no longer able to calm his rage, the Minotaur stood up and began hobbling towards my direction.

Seeing this, a smirk appeared on my face as I threw one last rock before picking picking up the cleaver and heaving it over my shoulder.

Good good, come here you stupid two-legged bull. I really wanted to put this oversized cooking knife through you, but I’ll have to do with showing you how it feels to die!

Despite it hobbling, the Minotaur had quickly closed the distance between us and was now only a few meters away. Deciding it was now or never, I screamed out “YOU MIGHT WANT TO CLOSE YOUR EYES YOU DUMB COW!”, before closing my own and swinging the large cleaver with all my strength towards the light crystal under me.

Despite having closed my eyes in anticipation of it, the bright light that resulted from the crystals breaking still ended up hurting my eyes. However, ignored the feeling of discomfort as I picked up my knife and ran full speed towards the Minotaur.

The Minotaur had his hands covering his face, undoubtedly due to the bright light that should have momentarily blinded him. However, the Minotaur appeared to recover quicker than I thought as it slowly began to move his arms away and a familiar red glow became apparent through them.

Since the initial distance between us wasn’t too large, I was able to make it right in front of him as I thrust my arm out towards him. Not a moment later, I felt a sense of weightlessness as my vision started to spin. A few moments later, I was laying on the ground while choking on my blood. My chest feeling as if it had been caved in, and there was a good chance that it was.

Before I lost consciousness, I tried to move my head to look at the Minotaur. Using all of my remaining strength and willpower, I managed to get a good quick look at him before a smile smirched by blood crept on my face. Closing my eyes, I allowed the thud of the Minotaurs falling body to act as the signal for the end of our long match…

5