Ch. 53
403 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kenji tried to deduce where the hell he is, but then he remembered his meeting with Caesar and before that.

"Oh, right. I was in the middle of nowhere when I chased after that Beast." Kenji rubs his forehead while remembering what happened.

After all, dying and being brought back to life is no joke. Kenji could still feel his death and how he died.

He shivers at the mere thought of that, he didn't expect he'll experience death once again sooner.

But still, his journey to death gave him many benefits, like meeting his old friend who became a God or Monarch.

Then, he was given the portion of the power of the Absolute Being, who was said to be the creator of everything, including the Rulers and Monarch.

But first, he needed to get back to his family, since he's sure as hell that both his parents and Kanae are worrying over him as hell.

If he didn't come back on time, then he's afraid that he'll sleep on the couch tonight.

So without further ado, he flew away faster than the speed of light, arriving back on the battlefield in less than a second.

He was met with his parents, Kanae, and some hunters either helping the injured or repairing the damage done by the earlier battle.

"Mom, Dad, Kanae," Kenji called out to them, and they turn their heads, just to see him.

"Ken-chan!!" His mother, Hana was the first one to react and rushed through him, hugging him very tightly.

"Hey, mom look I'm fine." Having said that, he then flexed his muscles a bit.

However, when he turned to look at his dad and Kanae, he saw Kanae looking at him with a blushed face while his dad seems to point toward his body.

As if a lightning strike him, he realized that he was naked, and hugging his mom.

Looking down, his nightmares became true and he saw his naked body, pressing on his mother.

"W-wait, mom. I'm naked!" Kenji blushed and tries to push his mother away.

"So what? I've seen your naked body a thousand times when you were a kid!" Not letting go of him, instead, she even tightens the hug, she said.

"But that was when I was a kid?!" Kenji said, still pushing his mother away. Though he's not really trying since he doesn't want to turn his mother into meat paste, is he?

"Even if you think that you're older now, doesn't mean I do. To me, you're still my baby boy..." Caressing his face, Hana with teary-eyed, lovingly said to him.

Meanwhile, Kenji was already immune to this, so he just sighed and let his mother do what she wants. It's not like he doesn't want this he was thankful that he was reborn into a loving family, though sometimes they're annoying but still loving parents.

"So, what happened while I'm gone?" Ignoring his doting mother, Kenji decided to ask Chikashi and Kanae.

"Well, after the battle is done, the government, along with the Japan Hunters Association and some guilds, they managed to repair some parts of the city while tending to the wounded. Unfortunately, the casualties this time is a bit huge and now the media and news stations were doing their best to calm the citizens." Chikashi explained to him.

Hearing that the casualties were a bit huge, Kenji felt a pang in his heart, while at the same time felt enraged towards the Monarchs.

If it wasn't for them then all of this wouldn't happen and many people will go back to their families, but because of this, they were dead and their families must be searching and worried for them now.

"Is that all?" Kenji asks.

"Actually, National Rank Hunter, Thomas Andre came here and helped us defeat the Insect Monarch." This time, it was Kanae who spoke.

At first, Kenji was shocked but recovered soon, since Kanae is alive and there is no point in being shocked. Besides, he already knew that she was fighting someone, courtesy of his super hearing, but he just didn't know who.

"Really? Then, how are you? Are you fine?" Still, his worry towards his girlfriend outweighs his shock, so he asks her worriedly.

"I'm fine, thanks to Hana-san and Andre-san, we managed to defeat that insect." Kanae just waves her hand in casual, while saying this.

Sighing in relief, Kenji nodded and felt something heavy lifted off his chest.

"Thomas is here? Where is he?" Now that she mentions it, Kenji tries to look around.

"I'm here, my friend. Quite a chaos you throw yourself in." Hearing his voice from his side, Kenji turns to look and saw him there walking up to him while a cigarette is in his mouth.

"Oh hey." Waving his hand, Kenji greeted him, while Thomas greeted him back.

Grinning, Thomas puffed a smoke before saying, "I think you'll be promoted again but there is nothing more higher than National Rank, though."

"I think they'll figure it out" He replied. Kenji knew well, that he would be promoted after this. After all, he is just two monsters who could defeat tens of S-rankers while at the same time, can cause such massive destruction.

If it weren't for Kenji, then this day might be known throughout the future as Human's Second Greatest Calamity.

Not only that, the troublesome media and reporters would most likely, barrage him with a bunch of questions  tomorrow.

It was then that he noticed that his mother finally let go of him, so without saying anything, he immediately went back home and wear proper clothes, so he was not naked in the public again.

After all, he noticed earlier, that a bunch of female hunters were blushing whenever they look at him, and he's not dense like a Japanese protagonist, to not notice it.

Besides, he has a girlfriend already, and he could feel her glare at him earlier.

Then, he went back to his earlier position. All this happened in just a second.

To others, they just felt wind waves hitting them before seeing Kenji finally having his clothes.

Thankfully, Kanae's glare disappeared once he went back, but he didn't sigh in relief, he knew that later at home, he will be 'punished'.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my p@treon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage)

7