Ch. 54
321 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Anyway, now that the monsters are gone, I think I should get going now. I still have many matters to attend to." saying that Thomas turns around and walked away.

Once he was gone, Kenji finally has the time to look around to see how much destruction their fight caused.

Large rubbles were being towed by various trucks while the bigger one was being handled by helicopters.

He could also see some hunters and civilians being healed by mages.

Then some Guilds were helping in cleaning and reconstruction.

He also saw some dead bodies being transported in an ambulance

Sadness can be seen in Kenji's eyes. Although he used to be a soldier and killed people, that doesn't mean he is cold-hearted.

________

While Kenji was looking at the destruction, Kanae was quietly staring at his back.

Thinking about what she discovered earlier, Kanae wanted to punch her past self for accepting the mission.

Although she doesn't know who the Shadow Monarch is, she knew fully well that Kenji is the Star Monarch.

After all, if he isn't then how come he is so strong, much stronger than her?

If only she could turn back the time, then she'll definitely won't go to that Jeju Island.

"Kanae, are you okay?" snapping her out of her thoughts, Kanae looked at who distracted her and saw Kenji looking at her with worry.

It was then that she noticed that her cheeks were wet, indicating that she was crying.

Wiping her eyes using her sleeve, she nodded and said.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"I see. If there is any proble-."

"Hey, Kenji. Can we talk privately later?"

Once she finished wiping her tears, she didn't let Kenji finish his sentence and directly asks him.

Knowing that something was wrong, Kenji nodded seriously while preparing to annihilate whoever dare to make his future wife cry.

Soon, Kenji decided to help along with Chikashi, Hana, and Kanae.

With Kenji helping them, the cleanup was finished much earlier, and all injured were safely and successfully delivered to a nearby hospital.

Kenji doesn't even break a sweat, to him, this is just breathing.

Once they were done, Kenji tried to convince his parent to accompany them back home, but they refused, so Kenji doesn't insist anymore and directly went home with Kanae in his arms.

When he arrived home, Kenji didn't even bother fixing the land where he harshly landed and went towards to their room.

Inside there, Kenji finally asks Kanae a question that has been bugging him off.

"Now tell me what's wrong?"

At fidgeting, then inhaled and exhaled heavily before looking at Kenji in his eyes.

"You know about the mission that the Rulers gave me right?"

Nodding his head, Kenji replied.

"Yes, to eliminate the Vessels of the Shadow and Star Mon-."

However, Kenji didn't continue his sentence when he realized what her mission really means.

Realizing that he's the Vessel of the Star Monarch and it is Kanae's mission to kill him.

Looking at her, without even an ounce of fear, Kenji asks him.

"Since you must know that I am the Vessel of the Star Monarch, which side are you on?"

Not even surprised that Kenji knew about it, Kanae replied without hesitation.

"I'll side with you, even if I have to betray the ones who gave me this strength."

Nodding his head in anticipation, Kenji knew already what Kanae's answer will be.

"Now what will you do? Sooner or later the Rulers will know that you betrayed them, in fact, I'm not even surprised if they knew about it now."

However, it seems like Kenji was right, when a light blinded the room and soon revealed the Brightest Fragment of Brilliant Light, in the room, floating while looking at them.

The wariness appeared in Kenji's eyes while it is glowing red. He was ready to kill this Ruler right here, right now, if ever he did something suspicious.

Seeing the wariness in Kenji's eyes, Brightest Fragment of Brilliant Light immediately raised both of his hands and said.

"I mean you no harm. I'm just here to tell you guys something."

"What is it? If it is something that doesn't interest me, then consider yourself dead, since you're not getting out of here alive without losing a limb or two." Kenji threatens.

The reason for the threat was that Kenji remembers the frustration and sadness in Caesar's eyes, earlier. So Kenji doesn't have a good impression of the Rulers.

To him, they are those beings who only sided in justice and order, so they could assert their dominance over the others.

Kenji believes that nothing stays good in this world, even him.

Not taking his threat seriously, the Ruler placed his hand down and finally speak.

"Your mission has changed, you wi-" before the Ruler could finish his sentence, Kenji cut him off.

"There will be no more missions from now on."

Squinting his eyes, the Ruler asks.

"What do you mean by that? Mortal." Finally showing his true colors, Brightest Fragment of Brilliant Light didn't bother hiding his true colors and said to Kenji with a glare.

"From now on, she will not be your puppet anymore." Kenji wasn't afraid of a mere Ruler and showed off his strength by releasing his aura.

Reddish with a mix of orange was flowing around Kenji while glaring back at him.

Before the Ruler could react, he was thrown away like a ragdoll before disappearing into particles.

But before he truly disappeared, he left one last message.

"You'll regret this." before extending his hand forward, and a white-colored orb was taken off of Kanae's chest before it goes back to him.

Meanwhile, when Kanae saw the orb of light taken from her, she felt the previous strength she had was gone and was replaced by her previous strength before she became a Vessel.

But she wasn't saddened by this, she knew that this power wasn't hers in the first place, only now she noticed that she prefers to increase her strength through her hard work, she doesn't want to borrow strength from someone.

She was blinded by her previous goal that it was too late before she notice this.

Once the Ruler was gone, Kanae felt a huge mountain lifted off of her shoulders and directly hugged Kenji.

"Thank you." with the last mutter, Kanae finally fell asleep.

However, Kenji who heard the familiar words, was shocked and a tear fell of his cheeks before smiling warmly.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

Please visit my p@treon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www. p a treon.com/SlimeSage.

8