Ch. 57
276 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Like a bomb exploding on her head, Kanae froze on the spot, not moving even an inch.

At first, she wanted to refute the old man's words but seeing that Kenji was calm and looking at her seriously. She knew that Kenji must have known this, and was preparing to tell her.

She doesn't know what to say. She wanted to be happy since she finally reunited with her father, but at the same time, she wanted to punch the hell out of him.

So, she bowed her head, and tears slowly dropped to the floor.

Meanwhile, Gun-Hee cannot bear the sight of his daughter crying, so he tried to comfort her.

"Kanae-chan. I'm very so-ooff!"

Gun-Hee didn't even finish his sentence when his abdomen was thwacked by a heavy and sharp fist.

It turns out to be Kanae, who decided to punch the hell out of him instead of being happy at their reunion.

Gun-Hee's eyes twitched at this while enduring the pain in his stomach, at least he knew that he deserved this after what he has done.

Meanwhile, Kanae just glared at him and said.

"After leaving me and my mom for 18 years, just to buy a fucking milk! Even if mom forgives you, I won't."

Soon after she said that she stood up and walked away from the living room, leaving Kenji and Gun-Hee, who were squirming in pain.

"I forgot to tell you about her temper."

Kenji shrugs and told him, while Gun-Hee felt a tick appear on his head.

"Y-yeah, I think she inherited it from her mom."

Gun-Hee, despite the pain, still managed to joke and chuckle.

"I-I think I'll be going now, can you please help me arrange a meeting with Shina-san tomorrow?"

Gun-Hee stood from his seat and asks Kenji.

Kenji put his hand on his chin and seems to fall into deep thinking.

"Alright fine, but this'll be the last time, whether they forgive you or not, you'll be on your own."

Gun-Hee nodded in understanding, if Shina didn't forgive him, then no matter how many years it take, he'll keep asking for forgiveness, even if they ask him to take his own life, then he'll do it.

After that, Gun-Hee left with Kenji escorting him out. Once he was gone, Kenji went back to the house and walked slowly to their bedroom.

When he opened the door, he saw Kanae sitting on the bed while hugging her knees, while tears were visible on her cheeks.

So he marched towards her and hugged her, putting her head on his chest.

For a few minutes, they just stayed in that position, neither of them moving a bit.

Finally, it was Kanae who broke the silence.

"Do you think what I did was right?"

When Kanae said this, Kenji was just silent for a few seconds before giving her a reply.

"Do you think what you did is right? Cause if you think it is, then what you did is right, always remember that I'll always be by your side even if the whole world is against you." 

Kanae felt touched by what he said, so she asks next.

"Then, even if your parents are against me?"

However, his next reply made her laugh.

"Sorry babe, but my parents are my first priority, the second is you."

"Hahaha. I understand, I'm also the same, you know, but only my mom is my first priority."

Kenji also chuckled at her words, and soon, silence once again permeated on the room.

"Hey, hon, if you were in my position, would you do the same?"

It was Kanae once again who broke the silence permeating the room.

When Kenji heard what she said, he then remembers his past life parents and how his father was in the army when his mother died.

To be honest, he's not mad at him for that, he knew that the reason he was in the army was that he needed money to support him and his mom.

As the man of the family, they are always expected to provide for their wife and children.

If there is one thing that Kenji hates about the law, and that is that the rights between women and men aren't equal.

"...enji... Kenji!" 

Because he was too lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice that Kanae was calling for him.

"S-sorry, what was that?"

"Sigh, never mind."

Kanae sighed and shook her head before standing up.

"Well, I think I got my energy back! How about a spar?"

She cast a challenging look toward Kenji.

Of course, Kenji accepted her challenge. So for the whole day, they just sparred with each other.

And obviously, Kenji always won, even when he gave her an advantage like he'll use only one hand or, he'll never dodged her attacks.

And because Kenji was already immune to magic, even the magical weapons that Kanae used, Kenji just shrugged them off.

When the night reached, it was only then that Kenji noticed so many missed calls on his phone.

Most of them are from his parents, his personal assistant, and some friends.

Though there is one chat that stands above all of them. And that is Thomas's and the U.S president's message to him.

Thomas's message was just a casual greeting while inviting him to a club that he found during his stay in Japan.

At first, Kenji thought of accepting, but when he read the message of the President, he scratched the invitation of Thomas, since according to the President's message. He's needed in a meeting of top leaders tomorrow because they wanted to decide on whether to create another higher rank or not.

After all, Kenji once again performed a miracle and defeated 2 monsters that are as strong if not, stronger than Kamish.

It turns out that before the Monarchs came to him, they caused chaos in the U.S, for killing Christopher Reed in his mansion.

A monster that could even kill a National Hunter, so fast that before the public or the hunter's association could react, he was already dead.

And just the feat of him defeating two of these monsters made the top leaders contemplate on whether they should promote him on a higher rank.

Once Kenji was done reading the message. He can't help but think on what will the name of the next rank would be.

Is it gonna be World Rank? International Rank? Or Universal Rank?

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www. p a treon.com/SlimeSage)

[Extra Chapter every 200 stones in webnovel.]

8